McMurray vs McCray

duck_and_run

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that someone will have to make it through Mr. Willis and Mr. Kolb before they get too excited here.....Good luck to all of you kids...

Kolb has a tough quarterfinal Sat morning matchup and will probably be wrestling for 5th at best, Willis will have his hands full with Quiroz Sat morning. Reese and Vlahos will be classic, McCray vs. Fudurich/Oliver. 160 has some great Sat morning matchups.

XCard:

What difference does it make that Sean is from a big school?  Are you trying to tell all the

kids from little schools that they shouldn't set their sights on winning a state championship, because

they will be meeting up with a kid from a big school and they won't have a chance?

I will say this.  Anyone who thinks this match will be a walk in the park is crazy.  McCray flys under the radar all season because of poor post seasons in the past.  This year is different he is flat out better then anyone McMurray has wrestled.  I am not saying he will win but I will say he is the best kid McMurray will see all season.  He has rode out some great competitors I just don't see it happening here.  Good luck to both wrestlers and bring one home for Fort wayne McCray.

I will say this.  Anyone who thinks this match will be a walk in the park is crazy.  McCray flys under the radar all season because of poor post seasons in the past.  This year is different he is flat out better then anyone McMurray has wrestled.  I am not saying he will win but I will say he is the best kid McMurray will see all season.  He has rode out some great competitors I just don't see it happening here.  Good luck to both wrestlers and bring one home for Fort wayne McCray.

Some of this is accurate, but you need to rethink that McCray is definitely better than anyone McMurray has wrestled.  He wrestled the #1 kid from IL this season.  He has also wrestled Willis, whom he beat 1-0. 

Some of this is accurate, but you need to rethink that McCray is definitely better than anyone McMurray has wrestled.  He wrestled the #1 kid from IL this season.  He has also wrestled Willis, whom he beat 1-0. 

Let me get this straight. You guys are saying McCray is better than McMurray, Quiroz, Vhalos, Terrel, Stahl, Willis & Illinois Malik Taylor! Damn! He is good! Let's give him the medal now!

Let me get this straight. You guys are saying McCray is better than McMurray, Quiroz, Vhalos, Terrel, Stahl, Willis & Illinois Malik Taylor! Damn! He is good! Let's give him the medal now!

McDaddy,

Re-read what I said.  I told Duck and Run that he is crazy for thinking McCray is definitely better than anyone your son has wrestled, considering that Sean has wrestled the #1 kid in IL and Willis.

XCard:

What difference does it make that Sean is from a big school?   Are you trying to tell all the

kids from little schools that they shouldn't set their sights on winning a state championship, because

they will be meeting up with a kid from a big school and they won't have a chance?

Take a chill pill, I think he was joking with Y2..  Y2 is an advocate for class wrestling... 

McCray has never been to state right?  The big show can make kids buckle their first time.  McMurray is a state champ.  Enough said, McCray has to win his first 2 matches anyway, which wont be easy

I can say that McCray is a proven talent and has wrestled in other big competition even though he hasn't made state before.  As for him being McMurray good we will have to wait a few more days to see that one.  I can assure you that several other wrestlers in this weight class also are trying to be at state champion level for this weekend, so we will have to wait and see who gets there at the right time.

I can say that McCray is a proven talent and has wrestled in other big competition even though he hasn't made state before.  As for him being McMurray good we will have to wait a few more days to see that one.  I can assure you that several other wrestlers in this weight class also are trying to at state champion level for this weekend, so we will have to wait and see who gets their for this one weekend.

That's right!  It's one match at a time at State!  Anything can happen!

Where is Y2 on this subject?

McCray probably won't win his first round match, this psuedo semi-final will never happen.

Y2 usually does not comment on his wrestlers. 

I think this weight will be one of the best to watch with 5 returning state quals/placers a state champ and a 2nd place guy

Myself, I think people are building McCray's hype a little too much.  Y2 prolly doesnt like it but i dunno, Who has he beat this year besides Lefever?  from reading other posts his friday night match is no joke.  then he will have the winner of Fuderich/Oliver.  both are great wrestlers. 

Reese/Vlahos sat morning will be great match to watch  Vlahos by 1 or 2

Willis/Terrell winner( Willis won 7-0 this year) vs. Quiroz

McCray vs. Fuderich/Oilvier winner, upsets McCray by 1 point

McMurray vs. Kolb  McMurray by 5

Would love to see ANYONE beat McMurray!!    He has a poor attitude.. I don't care who you are you still need to show good sportsmanship..  I hope his college coaches whip him into shape, you don't see that poor attitude on the mat in college ...  I have never seen a crowd cheer the way they did when he got put briefly on his back at semi-state this weekend, shows how much he is not loved by the fans...

Although I don't know Sean personally , I hope he gets that third title . I'm tired of all the Sean McMurray bashing . This kid has worked his butt off and has already proven himself many times over . He will leave high school as one of the greatest wrestlers our state has seen . If Sean wrestles to the best of his ability this weekend , I don't see anyone beating him.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.