Expensive weekend compared with attendance

duck_and_run

Oh I agree, money is the drive at all the sessions here. But I need to complement Duck! You have really brought alot to this web site. The stick in the mud butt kissers  on the site need to face facts. Without  people bringing interesting insights and topics on here, this would be another dull wrestling site. Tell me Duck doesn't raise the conversation bar here!

I worked at FW SS so my only costs were for 1.5 gallons of gas for the 60 mile round trip.  Gotta love those hybrids.  But, I share 2 season tickets to the Colts with my Mom (2  seats for half the games instead of 1 seat for all of them).  I try to take each of my 4 kids to 1 game a year for time with Dad.  Compare even the Coliseum costs to:

$148 for the two tickets per game

$20 parking though you can park on the street for free if you get there 5 hours before the game

$12 for lunch before the game (I normally don't buy anything at the game)

$45 for gas for the 250 mile round trip

That's over $200 for one day, but my oldest daughter went through a divorce she didn't want this fall and her first game ever (she used to let her ex go instead) was the Patriots game.  My oldest son, now 21, spent the 2 hour drive asking me about things the plans for his future when he finishes college in 18 months.  It was the first time I remember us talking "man-to-man" instead of "Dad-to-child".  Sometimes the time spent is more important than the money spent or even the event attended.

Hey DNR if you know a proffessional baseball team I can see for under a hundred bucks, let me know! 

I think what everyone needs to realize here is that you are paying for what you get.  I am sure the IHSAA is not getting the use of that facility donated.  It was a $9 ticket at Merrillville, so I would say the extra $4 you paid to watch the event was not too much.  To have a back to your seat instead of bleacher a$$ and back, an extra $4 does not seem like much to me.

I have taken the family to the Sox games for well under $100.  They run specials...you just need to look for them.

They charge you $9.00 so they can pay us officials $.25 a mile to drive to New Castle, Evensville, Ft Wayne or Merrilville, so you do the math, $.25 a mile and gas is $2.50 a gallon times 318 miles round trip. ???

I must be nuts, but the kids and the wreslting make it alittle less painful to swallow. Oh yea and eating lunch standing in a corner holding your plate because there is no place to sit down or time to eat between rounds. :'(

Hotel room $79.00 out of pocket expenses sharing your locker room with other wrestlers, the experience is priceless!!!

You do the math. 8)

i actually thought the same thing yesterday when i was looking through the crowd. It looked packed last year at the finals and this year you could see green seats everywhere. it didnt cost me anything to get in, i filled up the water bottles from the hospitality room and snuck in a 5... 5.... 5 dollar foot long. but i agree with duck... if you were to take a family of four it would be quite pricey. 8)

I shudder to think of where you had the foot-long secreted away!  :-X ;D

They charge you $9.00 so they can pay us officials $.25 a mile to drive to New Castle, Evensville, Ft Wayne or Merrilville, so you do the math, $.25 a mile and gas is $2.50 a gallon times 318 miles round trip. ???

I must be nuts, but the kids and the wreslting make it alittle less painful to swallow. Oh yea and eating lunch standing in a corner holding your plate because there is no place to sit down or time to eat between rounds. :'(

Hotel room $79.00 out of pocket expenses sharing your locker room with other wrestlers, the experience is priceless!!!

You do the math. 8)

318 round trip...you sissy...I did 299 one way...I bet a girl can choke you out! LOL

318 round trip...you sissy...I did 299 one way...I bet a girl can choke you out! LOL

Ah, but you got to see beautiful southwest Indiana!!!  That in itself was worth the trip.  Let alone stopping that punch... ;)

I had a great time at E'ville Semi-State.  Paid $18 to get me & my son in.  Concessions wiped me out though...had it been just me it wouldn't have been too bad...but my kid just kept coming back for more money.  I had a chicken strip meal that came with 3 chicken strips, fries, and a medium coke for $6...not too bad a price if you ask me. Great day of wrestling...priceless :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.