Merrillville Semi-State Predictions

Justdo^it135

i've made my predictions on paper at home and i've got the breakdown of state qualifiers as follows..

Rochester Regional: 20

LaPorte Regional: 15

Calumet Regional: 15

Logansport Regional: 6

losing Cheney Dale hurt Logansport as he was one extra lock state qualifier from there.  the numbers will probably be one or two different here or there but i feel that this will be VERY accurate with regards to the breakdown of qualifiers b/c i've cross referenced my predictions with the recent averages of state qualifiers per regional breakdown that i worked on a couple of weeks ago.

Logansport would be much tougher if they would do something to balance out the power and get rid of that awful Twin Lakes Sectional. If you put any of the best Twin Lakes Sectional Winners Since its creation in with any other sectional of any year at best they would have gotten third. I bet 5 of those six came from the laf. Jeff Sectional.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can call this round about reasoning if you wish but last year Lewandowski lost to Dorris. I tech falled Dorris. Roach beat me in overtime. And from what i hear Roach is even better this year. And in better shape too. The only people i can see even coming close to Roach this year are Welch, Sims, and Surma.

Booker agrees... One of those 4will be wearin a blue ring after this season

Best ticket round match up???

I think the hands down favorite right now is at 145.  

Torres(26-6)  from Portage against Laquan Lunford(40-0) of SBClay.  

Straight coin toss in my opinion.  I will give the win to Torres at this point though.  He has the experience in Indianapolis(even though it was in 2007) and wrestled some top tier wrestlers.  Unfortunate that Mr. Lunford has not wrestled anyone ranked better than he at No.18.   Thoughts anyone???

I'm a like Chase Lewendowski he is tough i thought he should have been a qualifer last year he wasnt he got a horrible draw Roach is on another level. I'm not saying it isn't going to happen I just don't think it will.

Danny Bradley is the real deal. He wrestle a good style and he is hard to beat. I really dont think Hawkins is getting past Gregory and Bradley will win the Semi state on a late reversal. Then maybe a Hawkins vs Kieffer state finals rematch friday night.   

I have seen LaQuan wrestle many times.... he will make you eat ur words nobdy gives him credit including me... i think he gets the win    :)

This doesn't even make sense.  You DON"T give him credit BUT you think he gets the win and I am the one that has to eat his words.  You have me confused now haha

I hope it is a great match I just want to know if anyone else see's a better match up in the ticket round. 

also danny not only beat hawkins in 2OT he pinned him in 2OT he is way way better trust me he was my sparring partner for like 5 years plus no one has worked harder than him and no one deserves it more than him you all underestimate the power of the knox kids jimmy krause is another one

first of all, congrats to bradley, he won.  but let's look at this objectively.  

hawkins pinned himself in ot.  and lost 6-5.  that does not make a guy "way better".   he lost two matches that could have easily gone either way.  these are two wrestlers that are very evenly matched.  if they have 1 or 2 more matches, you can guarantee they will be close.  and great matches to watch.  

i admit, being from c.p. i am biased.  but for someone to pick against bradley is not exactly going out on a limb.  

as far as the "noone works harder...no one wants it more...no one deserves it more... "  whatever.  everyone is working hard this time of year.  those remarks are worn out hollow cliche's.

as far as the "noone works harder...no one wants it more...no one deserves it more... "  whatever.  everyone is working hard this time of year.  those remarks are worn out hollow cliche's.

That is the best thing I have read all day.  Thank you.

Brady over Porras?

-It could happen, but i'm just not seeing it.

-I like that you are goin against the norm though.

-I Like The pick at 119  ;D

well they have wrestled twice this year (4-2 and 6-5) in favor of frankie, but i've seen both matches and the last period of the match each time brady has had frankie on the run. i think he is improving and i just love the underdog

at 119 i think the semi state is a 3 man race and it can be won by the wrestler who shows up on saturday

i'm tired of the anthony hawkins was sick excuses... i've heard he was sick the first time he lost to bradley, he was sick at the team regional, he was sick the second time he lost to bradley, he was sick when he went to overtime with nick lenzo, he was sick against mville and portage earlier in the year and that is why padilla and torres kept it close with him... for a state champion, this kid must have either the world's weakest immune system or the world's most annoying fans, one or the other, i haven't decided yet  ::)

I don't think he was sick that many times, just know he was sick during the 2OT match at the Carnahan.

well they have wrestled twice this year (4-2 and 6-5) in favor of frankie, but i've seen both matches and the last period of the match each time brady has had frankie on the run. i think he is improving and i just love the underdog

at 119 i think the semi state is a 3 man race and it can be won by the wrestler who shows up on saturday

Call it a "gut" feeling....but I think porras runs away with it at M-Ville this weekend.

I just want to take a second educate you all on one of the seemingly most underlooked 125's.

Jordan Hicks 11 43-0 :o (Seeger)

No he isn't from the region and no he hasn't had the highest RPI<- (stolen from NCAA basically rating stregnth of schedule)

But what he does do is win. He has around 28 falls. He placed second at regional in 2008 and 2009 losing to 3rd place finisher Alderman in 2008 and losing in OT (he had a takedown out of bound that was called out of bounds though both feet were in) to Ezra Penn. That is a pretty good High Shcool resume. Now he returns once again at 125, only this time as a Regional Champ. I look for this Former Middle School State Champ(2007 @ 117) to show everyone what he is made of with to say the least a very impressive performance.

Personally, I would like to thank everyone who has been counting him out because, like the Saints, he will have a chip on his shoulder.

I just want to take a second educate you all on one of the seemingly most underlooked 125's.

No he isn't from the region and no he hasn't had the highest RPI<- (stolen from NCAA basically rating stregnth of schedule)

But what he does do is win. He has around 28 falls. He placed second at regional in 2008 and 2009 losing to 3rd place finisher Alderman in 2008 and losing in OT (he had a takedown out of bound that was called out of bounds though both feet were in) to Ezra Penn. That is a pretty good High Shcool resume. Now he returns once again at 125, only this time as a Regional Champ. I look for this Former Middle School State Champ(2007 @ 117) to show everyone what he is made of with to say the least a very impressive performance.

Personally, I would like to thank everyone who has been counting him out because, like the Saints, he will have a chip on his shoulder.

I think he finishes 3rd or 2nd.  I don't see him getting past Napules and Petrov.  Maybe one but not both.  I do like the middle school state championship.  That's why I said 3rd or 2nd haha. 

Hopefully you're right. Unforunately though Seeger has a reputation (Jacob Cook) of bringing their 58-0 records into Merrillville and getting wrecked by kids that have 4-6 losses on the year. 2008 would be a prime example when Daniel Young tech-falled Cook 20-5 in the ticket round.

Hopefully you're right. Unforunately though Seeger has a reputation (Jacob Cook) of bringing their 58-0 records into Merrillville and getting wrecked by kids that have 4-6 losses on the year. 2008 would be a prime example when Daniel Young tech-falled Cook 20-5 in the ticket round.

Actaully I take back everything I just said.  Hicks barely won regionals against someone with a 12-5 record.  Went into 2OT actually

i was completely sure i just joined. i was there and im on the same team as lewandowski and i wrestle him a lot so i know how chase wrestles. he was not himself AT ALL. Thats not an excuse

Lundford was down 6 got an escape and with about 15 secondish got one of the most lucky throws i have ever seen. but thats what goes with wrestling you got to be lucky to win as well.

if you ever saw the match lewandowski never put his hand on dorris's elbow at the end before the ref blew the whistle.  A bad call that cost him a state finals berth.

lewandowski doesnt make excuses and neither do I.  so dont go making accusations without knowing someone first dillon

Yeah Lunford threw lewandowski but that was not luck that was heart and desire and that is what lunford has and he dominated lewandowski and regonals so i dont want to hear about luck when it comes to LaQuan Lunford that all heart desire and skill my friend

Best ticket round match up???

I think the hands down favorite right now is at 145.  

Torres(26-6)  from Portage against Laquan Lunford(40-0) of SBClay.  

Straight coin toss in my opinion.  I will give the win to Torres at this point though.  He has the experience in Indianapolis(even though it was in 2007) and wrestled some top tier wrestlers.  Unfortunate that Mr. Lunford has not wrestled anyone ranked better than he at No.18.   Thoughts anyone???

it is going to be a coin toss but Lunfords ranking doesnt do him justise i thing Lunford will come out on top but it will be a nail biter

I think that he is tough but he came in with a pretty good record last season and lost to Gabe Muro Griffith who had 10 losses first rd. Anyone who was the Team Regional Knows that the little Schurg has some Skills beating Damian Torres Who was just in a overtime match with Hawkins and Al Padilla who was just in a overtime match Escobedo NAd he almost majored both. Also Mitch Hartman has wrestled and done well against some really tough kids

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.