New Castle Semi State Picm's

Morris from Carmel might be a little underrated because of his record. Of his losses, 6 came from the top 3 ranked wrestlers @ 189in the state now: Sliga#3 (3 times), MJJ #4(2times), and Attwood #2 (once).  He did lose to the Andre Richards in a double overtime match earlier in the season, so this will definitely be a more closely contended match than many think

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morris from Carmel might be a little underrated because of his record. Of his losses, 6 came from the top 3 ranked wrestlers @ 189in the state now: Sliga#3 (3 times), MJJ #4(2times), and Attwood #2 (once).  He did lose to the Andre Richards in a double overtime match earlier in the season, so this will definitely be a more closely contended match than many think

I agree Spud is a great wrestler thats why or focus has been completely on him this week like I said the winner of this match will move on to state. Good luck Spud. You have great coaches I respect greatly and you are a great young man. Don't forget he beat Eads at North Mont tough kid.

Andre lost to eads 5-0 or something like that

We was up 1-0 and I put Dre down which was a mistake and Darren through a cradle in, the same mistake would not happen again, He wrestled Brownfield which beat Eads twice and Dre was tied with him 1-1 with20 sec left got an ecxscape with 10sec  the clock person let it run when they was out of bounds put 3 sec let, and Dre hit a nice duck under and on video you see Brownfields hand on the mat and Dre behind him with control, could of been two but it happened so quick. After that match is when Dre started stepping up. This will be a different Andre than most have seen him leading up to the last 3 weeks. he has had 1 lose in the last 9 matches and that was to Jones

Seve Duncan will be one of the top four coming out of 119 meaning Nelson wont make it Rememeber Duncan is the only one to pin Paul Beck in his life  at IHSAA State last year ! Kiefer and Duncan fought hard at last weeks regional and that match could have gone either way, Kiefer was taken down three times in the beggining of the match where Duncan scored no points, at state last year Duncan also fought Johns where he was beating him leading 3-2 in the 2nd period  Johns is tougher than both of these kids so dont count Duncan out. Paul Beck is a beast and Duncan handled him last year dont be surpirised if this one ends ugly! Alot of people dont know that about Duncan he has one some big matches and he is dangerous well let me tell you when everyone says who has he beaten you can all say number one in the  state at 112 lost to Duncan his name is Paul Beck and not only that it is that last time he has been beaten this bracket is a bad draw for Nelson an Duncan it is unfortunate they both deserve to go and wont so.  Tran would be Tech Falled by Duncan in the first period. Duncan beat Catron last year with the match to go and it shouldve been a quick pin final score 7-3 I believe so if all of you are saying Catron can beat Nelson why cant Duncan. Now I will say Kiefer is a beast he is one of the toughest kids i have watched wrestle kudos to you Mr kiefer

Seve has folded up shop too many times for me to think he has a chance at Nelson. He had his chance at county and decided it was too much to make weight for his team. Anybody that does that won't be able to scrap with Nelson for 6 minutes.

I have a dark horse for 189 Fletcher from centerville looks really good  he has 7 loses 3 of them from duckworth which he almost caught him on his back at our dual meet and at conference he throw duckworth to his back losing the last 2 matchs by 7 but still wrestled very well then 2 of his loses came from wilger both by 1 point at the spartin classic and at last weeks regionals(wilger hit a switch with 40 sec to go to put him up by 1) it was a good match but thats my upset pick for this weekend. good luck to all wrestlers.

I have a dark horse for 189 Fletcher from centerville looks really good  he has 7 loses 3 of them from duckworth which he almost caught him on his back at our dual meet and at conference he throw duckworth to his back losing the last 2 matchs by 7 but still wrestled very well then 2 of his loses came from wilger both by 1 point at the spartin classic and at last weeks regionals(wilger hit a switch with 40 sec to go to put him up by 1) it was a good match but thats my upset pick for this weekend. good luck to all wrestlers.

I doubt that he almost caught Duckworth on his back, and I can guarantee that he didn't throw Duck to his back.

Fletcher most certainly did catch and toss Duck to his back  but Duck didn't even give any backs because he was able to scramble away very quickly. Fletcher then gave up an excape and takeown while Fletcher was grining from ear to ear ;D

Fletcher most certainly did catch and toss Duck to his back  but Duck didn't even give any backs because he was able to scramble away very quickly. Fletcher then gave up an excape and takeown while Fletcher was grining from ear to ear ;D

We will see who is grinning from ear to ear next weekend  ;D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.