171 Duckworth UC, Moats TP, Bill BC, Gruell GC

189 Sliga FI, Komilov NC, Johnson-Jones WC, Richards PM

215 Wright TECH, Cooper PM,Buchanan CA,  Smitherman PH,

Hwt McBride CR, Henson NC, White WC, Jackson MI

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one is giving Mason Gessell of Union County any props at 140.  Im calling it now, Gessell over Scurria. I think it will be a one or two point win but I think Mason Pulls it out if he is on his game.  Just my opinion of course.

I agree he is very tough and it should be a good match, but Scurria is tough too. It will be a good match, I give the slight edge to Scurria though.

No one is giving Mason Gessell of Union County any props at 140.  Im calling it now, Gessell over Scurria. I think it will be a one or two point win but I think Mason Pulls it out if he is on his game.  Just my opinion of course.

He's gotta wrestle better than he did against Fellers, or he won't make it, but chances are he's gonna come in determined but he will have to wrestle a six minute match of his life and constanly keep the opponent on his heels, he didn't do a good job against Fellers when the opportunity presented itself to win which he had multiple chances to get the final takedown, but it will be a good one. Good luck to all the wrestlers! I'll be pulling for ALL the RIchmond Reg. kids :) We probably got 4 champs and multiple state placers :)

I wanna know who's gona be the darkhorse and if any #4 seeds can make it to state!!!????

Don't think it would be considered an upset if Price (Tech) took 112, but most of you seem to leave him off your list of the final FOUR?

Because he will have to beat McKinley to make the top 4. Will be a great ticket round match indeed.

I'm suprise to see that they're are picks against clark at 130 he's a 2 time state qualifire and I think he'll make the jump to second... I dunno how he'll do againsts mccarthy but I did see him beat Joe kiefer I dont remember the score but I dont think it was close though. Clark's my pick for second to Mullins at 130

103 Phillips, Farrell, Moss, Venezia ( Phillips Might be the best 103 lber we have seen in Indiana for a while since maybe the days of Vega and Shaeffer)

112 Campbell, Mckinley, Todd, Harvey ( I think it will be close but I chose Campbell)

119 Kieffer, Duncan,Catron, Ash ( I am choosing Seve over Nelson because he will go in with nothing to lose and he has proven in that situation he is super dangerous)

125 Kieffer, Wright, Sommer, Huff ( I choose Kieffer this week because Wright looks a little hobbly on that ankle/leg and he

is going to have a tough time coming up off the mat. It is obvious Kieffer had the perfect game plan for wright and unless he is healed up I think it will happen again.

130 Mullins, Mccarty, East, Bell ( I feel East is the perfect type of wrestler to beat Stringfield and it all depends on which Bell shows up but I think Mccarty will beat Bell on the mat. Mullins is head and shoulders above his competition here.

135 Berryman, Black, Davis, Rattay ( Picking Rattay to be my spoiler see him alot in the summers and he has been in a lot of matches nothing like mat time to get you ready for big matches.)

140 Fellers, Johnson, James, Scurria ( If James keeps his gas tank)

145 Johnson, Uphaus, Robinson, Harz ( I think Harz may have seen more top notch compettion so he is gonna be a spoiler)

152 Bennet, Evans, Manning, Frascela ( Dont know alot about this class but Bennet is top notch)

160 Willis, Brooks, Wasson, Oliver ( If Brooks Keeps his gas tank he has a shot looked good at Mishawaka)

171 Duckworth, Smith, Howenstein, Judkins ( Judkins is a toss up for me he needs to keep himself under control, and Howenstein as well needs to wrestle smart)

189 Sliga, Kimilov, Jones, WIlger (To bad jones and SLiga on same side that is easily the finals match)

I know he's wrestled duckworth at least once and I think he lost to Early from Greenfield central at connersville and I think he lost bass from jennings county and I think he has some losses against Kentucky wrestlers but other than that I'm not sure

Thanks, he has lost to guys Richards has beat and did not have a real good showing at team regional, the NC kid he beat by points , Albertson from Roncalli stuck the NC kid. We will see I think Morris from Carmel is a bit better wrestler than Wilger. So first things first.

103: Phillips, Farrell, Moss, Venezia

112: Campbell, Mckinley, Harvey, Todd

119: Nelson, Kieffer, Catron, Tran (toss up?)

125: Wright, Kieffer, Sommer, Simmons

130: Mullins, McCarty, Bell, Stringfield

135: Berryman, Black, Williams, Rose

140: Johnson, Fellers, Scurria, Edwards

145: Robinson, Uphaus, Johnson, Harz

152: Bennett, Evans, Hawthorne, Manning

160: Willis, Oliver, Wasson, Brooks (2-4 could be anyone)

171: Duck, Smith, Bill Moats

189: MJJ, Komilov, Sliga, Richards

215: Wright, Cooper, Buchanan, Pedigo (1-4 up for grabs)

285: McBride, White, Henson, Jackson

Looking forward to some great wrestling.

Thanks, he has lost to guys Richards has beat and did not have a real good showing at team regional, the NC kid he beat by points , Albertson from Roncalli stuck the NC kid. We will see I think Morris from Carmel is a bit better wrestler than Wilger. So first things first.

Nc kid is 2nd year wrestler(so.) that weighs around 165-169 and wrestled 189 alll year long and at the team regional

103 Phillips, Farrell, Venezia, Moss

112 Campbell, Harvey, Todd, Price

119 Nelson, Kieffer, Catron, Tran

125 Wright, Keiffer, Simmons, Sommer

130 Mullins, Clark, Stringfield, Bell

135 Berryman, Rose, Black, Davis

140 Fellers, Johnson, Scurria, James

145 Robinson, Hoggatt, Johnson, Uphaus

152 Bennett, Neibarger, Taylor, Hawthorne

160 Willis, Oliver, Von Wasson, Anderson

171 Duckworth, Smith, Judkins, Howenstein

189 Johnson Jones, Komilov, Sliga, Richards

215 Wright, Cooper, Buchanon, Pedigo

285 McBride, Henson, Gray, Taylor

103:phillips,farrell,moss,venezia

112:campbell,harvey,mckinley,todd

119:nelson,kieffer,catron,ash

125:wright,kieffer,sommer,huff

130:mullins,clark,stringfellow,bell

135:berryman,black,davis,rose

140:fellers,johnson,gessell,james

145:johnson,uphaus,robinson,hoggatt

152:bennett,neibarger,manning,hawthorne

160:willis,oliver,wasson,brooks

171:duckworth,moats,bill,smith

189:sliga,komilov,johnson-jones,wilger

215:cooper,wright,buchanan,smitherman

285:henson,mcbride,jackson,gray

at 112 I am taking McKinley over Campbell I've seen them both wrestle one at county and the other at the NCC tournament (where campbell lost) McKinley just looked faster and stronger.  Caliboy189 figured you'd like this pick.

No excuses but Campbell missed 3-4 days of school with an illness the week of NCC. He doesn't miss practice or school PERIOD!!! So I hope that clarifies what you saw at NCC. But yes Campbell does struggle a bit with the height and length of the opponent as was the case with a tough kid like Randle(HN). But it will be a great match and maybe even a preview under the lights :) I 'm taking Campbell by 1, maybe OT....

215: Mofield and Buchanan should be a good one.......just a thought( mofield beat buchanan @ CATH invite if im not mistaken

***Yes i believe Mofield will beat Tucker, maybe pin him,  and not give up a  5 pointer at the end like at team regionals

Yes Mofield did beat Buchanan 7-2, & was up 7-2 against Tucker @ Team Regional, but let him up to try to take him to his back as the team had to have 6 points to have a chance, that made it 7-3, then went for it & got out of position & gave up the 5 pointer.. wouldn't look for that to happen again, but that's why they Wrestle...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.