castle reg

BB145

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly!!! Gibson Southern should have gotten a FF

Nutsdad.... i've always had a lot of respect for you but its starting to go out the window.  If it wasn't fair for him to wrestle then they wouldn't have let him.  Real classy sitting with a guy who yells out of the crowd at a 15 yr old kid.... guess you showing your true colors.

Vanhook stepped on the scale before weigh ins and was 105 even on one scale so he put his clothes on and went out and laid on the mat (this is all before the official weigh in).  Now if Vanhook was over don't you think he would have drilled or ran to get below or on weight?  The NP kids said the same thing ... they were .2 to .3 tenths MORE the second time they weighed in and didn't eat or drink anything.  I though Dylan wrestled well today also and did win fair and square but there is no reason to try and call Vanhook out.  Vanhook has always been a good sport towards Dylan and I wouldn't expect any less becasue he is a heck of a kid.

Every coach there was upset bout that except reitz!!!

Everybody has to follow the rules!!!

I'm just the only one get'n on here to say anything!!

Ill second that.. everyone was angry about this..VanHook is a very good wrestler but rules are rules, if you dont make weight you dont wrestle...or soo i thought... ???

Vanhook is a great kid!! Him and Dylan have great matches that keep you on the edge of your seat!!!!!!

We have respect for the kid just not the way they worked it out and even Nut said he was close before weigh ins!!

They were in there together!! But if that was Nut he would'nt have gotten to wrestle and they would have made sure of that!!!

I'm not the only one talking bout it everyone there was!! Even the ref said by the rules he cant thats all I'm say'n bout it!!!!

Good Luck to everone next week and hope that Dylan and Vanhook are in the finals then too!!!

That would be awesome!!!!!!!!!!

Probably shouldn't but will make a remark about the situation.  First of all I have never shot down Dylan Hall or his staff in any way, shape or form.  He has gotten the better of our kid each time this year and should do well for himself at state.  However, Nuts dad is getting to be a pain in the butt like the other dude in the gym.  First off, your son watched him weighin when the kids got to Castle.  So for you to make those remarks is absurd.  I will leave it at that.  That is like trying to make remarks about Hall losing to last year's state champ.

Probably shouldn't but will make a remark about the situation.  First of all I have never shot down Dylan Hall or his staff in any way, shape or form.  He has gotten the better of our kid each time this year and should do well for himself at state.  However, Nuts dad is getting to be a pain in the butt like the other dude in the gym.  First off, your son watched him weighin when the kids got to Castle.  So for you to make those remarks is absurd.  I will leave it at that.  That is like trying to make remarks about Hall losing to last year's state champ.

If you read what I said right above, I said Dylan was right next to him and there was no talk of anyone else over at all!!

Not  being a pain either!! Just say'n what everyone was talking bout and what the coaches were all say'n!!

this whole scale thing is confusing to me.  i don't think the reitz kid or coaches are lying, however, was he over on just one scale or was he over on all of the scales?  if he was over on all of the scales then he shouldn't have been able to wrestle.

when he checked his weight before the official weigh ins, he should have checked it on all of the scales just to be safe.

The word in the coaches meeting was that the Reitz wrestler was over on both scales. I did not hear of any other wrestler being over weight. I know that when my 152lber checked his weight 20 minutes before weigh-ins started that he was 152.2 he was less than that when they did the official weigh-in. Often on a electronic scale you will see it show a small weight when no one is on the scale. This is usually .1 or .2 lbs. You just hit the zero or tape? button and the scale will go back to zero so that you get a true reading. I don't know what happened with the Reitz wrestler when he checked his weight but maybe the scale was not zeroed out at that time? If anyone wanted to make the scale read .2 or more heavy how would you do it? How would you get it to do it for just that one guy?

First let me say that I take offense to anyone who says we (CASTLE or Bob Harmon) did any thing to the scales. I am not a cheater, have never been a cheater and never will be a cheater. Castle High School is not a cheater, has never been a cheater and never will be a cheater. These are the same two scales this kid weighed in on at SIAC.

The scale in question was ZEROED OUT, let me repeat the SCALE IN QUESTION WAS ZEROED OUT,the second scale ( the scale not in question) the kid missed weight by 3 tenths. I think anyone who has been around wrestling knows what ZEROED OUT means. I nor any of my assistant coaches know how to calerbrate or adjust an electronic scale. If you did adjust or recalebrate an electronic scale I would guess it would take some time to do and would have been witnessed by alot of people checking their weight.

Every other kid who weighed in(111kids) made weight. NO OTHER KID EVEN HAD TO CHALLENGE ON THE OTHER SCALE. Damn, we must be pretty good to single one kid out and readjust a scale so only he doesn't make weight. Damn,  we forgot to readjust the other scale. Guess what - he still didn't make weight.

igrapple2  I'm calling you out - tell the truth - I know you are Scott Ferguson - call me a cheater and a liar on this public forum. I don't hide behind a screen name like the rest of these gutless people on here - tell everyone that I'm a liar and I adjusted the scales so only your kid wouldn't make weight. If you feel so strongly that your kid was done wrong and that I or any of my assistant coaches readjusted or recalerbrated the scales then have the balls to say it right here on a public forum.  I don't know when or where you lost your sense of what is right and what is wrong, but if you really believe what you are saying (that we messed with the scales) then I feel sorry for you. You have  lost your sense of what is right and wrong. You wrestled for me back in the late 80s - did you ever see us do anything like what you are accusing us of now?

I hate to say it - but your not the kid I coached. I love to win, but not at all cost. I would never cheat to win.

Bob Harmon

Head Wrestling Coach

Castle High School

How about the rest of you sign your name - not a screen name to hide behind

Still, how is a kid allowed to wrestle when missing weight

On a lighter note, not a single wahoo for the hardwork I put in for the updates today  ::)

Wow with a wahoo. Thanks for the explanation Coach H.  Rumors were flying all day. I can't answer that one BB145. Can anyone?

BB145.....I really appreciate the updates you provided today.   I was at Castle for the first round but had to leave so your updates were great.  

Not a problem.. I knew my years of texting training would be put to good use  ;D

I tried to post earlier and it didn't go...now I'm glad so I could comment Bob.

Anybody that knows you Bob knows that your integrity is without question. I've been involved with wrestling forever it seems and I've never heard of such a thing. And like you said...111 other kids didn't have a problem with either scales. Plus...tampering with the scale? That's ludicrous! That would take someone from Warrick County that heads the Dept. of Weights and Measures and any tampering from anyone else would VOID the scales certification.

I don't see how someone could try and swing blame towards Castle. Man...I would've blown my top...or a heart valve anyway...especially since it pulled a GS kid into the ordeal.

John Barnett

P.S. Same goes for you nutsdad! I've always thought you and your son are both classy individuals. Best of Luck next week and beyond

Thanks John, in my 29 years as a head coach I've never seen anything like this.

Scott Ferguson - I'm still waiting for your respone. Am I a cheater and a liar? Did I or one of my assistants recalibrate or adjust the scale. Tell me who saw the scale recalibrated or was it ZEROED OUT. Who recalibrated or adjusted a scale? How did 111 kids make weight(and not have to challenge on the other scale), and only one not make weight and have to go to the other scale and still not make weight? Did we recalebrate or readjust the other scale that he still didn't make weight on?  

I don't like being called a cheater and a liar on a public forum nor do  I appreciate anyone from Castle High School's coaching staff being called a cheater or liar. You called me a cheater - come out on a public forum and say it if it is true.

Come on Scoott  if you 100% believe I'm a cheater then tell everyone what you think and use your real name.

If you 100% believe that I or one of my assistants would change a scale so only your one one kid would'nt make weight then say it.

I am not a cheater, never have been a cheater or never will be a cheater - what about you?

I don't understand.  If VanHook was over, how was he allowed to wrestle?  It sounds like from the comments on this board, it is not a question of if he was over or not.  So why was he allowed to wrestle?

I was in the coaches meeting and this is my understanding of why he was allowed to wrestle after not making weight at the official weigh-in. Someone (I assume from the Reitz coaching staff) said that the kid was on weight when he checked his weight on arrival at Castle. They then said that someone (I assume someone from the Castle coaching staff) must have tampered with the scale so that it made the kid weigh to much at the official weigh-in. My understanding is that the wrestler weighed on two scales and was over on both. The officials said he was overweight and out of the tournament. My understanding from there is that the Reitz staff got the Castle AD to call the IHSAA and received a ruling that said that the wrestler would be allowed to wrestle due to the possible funny business with the scale. I did not see anyone from the Reitz staff in the coaches meeting but many coaches did stated that the kid was over and should not be able to wrestle. No coach in the meeting said that he should be able to wrestle. The Castle AD said that the IHSAA said he could and that was the final authority. I did not personally see the kid check his weight and I did not see anyone adjust the scales. I do know that everyone other than the one kid made weight.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.