Castle Regional Pick Ems'

mtvwrestlingdad

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

weiss beat stein 7-3 last wkd at sectional, why isn't anyone picking him to win this weekend?

If Weiss wrestles this weekend like he did last weekend...I would have to pick him.

As i have said, Stein is the real deal, but in the Sectional Finals Weiss was all about winning.

While I will agree it will ge tough for Hipp to beat VanHook but to say "No way will Hipp even come close" is very dangerous.  Hipp had Hall on his back at Mt. Vernon Turkey Classic and came close to getting a pin and we all know at this stage anything can happen but like I said, on paper it will be a tough match for Hipp to win and he will for sure be a huge underdog.

I can't believe no one is putting Damon McEllhiney from Princeton in their top 4 at 125.  I know him personally and he is a solid wrestler who has been ranked the last several weeks and has beaten some tough kids.  I know he lost by major decision to the Castle kid at sectional but he also lost to the same Castle kid by 1 point at Bloomington.  I see him in the semis with a tough match against MD but he should finish top 3.

I like Sims to win 145 and I'll take Stein over Weiss this week.  I've seen these two wrestle probably 5 times and I saw last week's match too.  Kudos to Weiss for bringing it but I think Stein will get him back this week and it won't surprise me to see them matchup in the finals over the next 3 Saturdays.

Hall beat Hipp at turkey classic like 18-6 or something and has tech falled him twice since then

103  Vanhook,Hall,Vibbet,Turi  For the third week in a row I am going with Vanhook third time is the charm

112  Kuhn, Welch,Weddding,Geoble

119 Moody, Griesemer, Quinton, Lanert  Moody in a close one

125 Sulawske, Hoehn, Brown Henderson

130 Dowdy, Wolf, Meliff, Schroder  Tough top bracket to pick,  Flynn, Begle could easily advance

135Ruegger, Konrath, Stewart, Hodge

140 Whetstine, Chamberlein, Doud, Raben Another tough weight class to pick

145 Sims, Welch, Vogel, Prasek  Sims gets a late takedown for the win

152 Welch, Boyle, Marshall, Colevechia  Boyle wakes up and wrestles but no match for welch

160 Smith, Weikel, Brandenstein, Schnieder Very even weight class

171 Stein, Weiss, Boots, Warren  Stein Pulls it out.

189 Rosenbach, Price, Fentress, Sandwith  You never know what you are going to get with Fentress

215 Frohlich, Daughtery, Adams, VanWinkle

Hwt  Wimpleberg, Hammelman, Daughtery Kulenhoelter

I agree except for 3 and 30!

IF Nut and Vanhook wrestle it will be the 4th time this year!

But it does work.

It works but someone will figure it out and he better have a back up plan.

Schmitt had a sweet arm drag that he would work all the time. But when it hit semi-state finals it wasnt working on bruce that well. He ended up winning on a deep double leg that he was also good at but never really had to use

It works but someone will figure it out and he better have a back up plan.

Schmitt had a sweet arm drag that he would work all the time. But when it hit semi-state finals it wasnt working on bruce that well. He ended up winning on a deep double leg that he was also good at but never really had to use

which schmitt are you talking about? 

103 - Hall, VanHook, Vibbert, Turi

112 - Kuhn, Wedding, Welch, Dunkel (Should be a good finals match)

119 - Moody, Griesemer, Lannert, Waninger

125 - Brown, Henderson, Hoehn, Sulawaske (Brown uses momentum from team regional)

130 - Flynn, Schroeder, Melliff, Dowdy (All Toss Ups)

135 - Rueger, Konrath, Stewart, Harpenau

140 - Doud, Whetstine, Chamberlain, Graper

145 - Welch, Sims, Voegel, Prasek (Welch stays cool under pressure)  8)

152 - Welch, Rickenbaugh, Marshall, Pace (Marshall/Rickenbaugh could go either way)

160 - Smith, Weikel, Brandenstein, Oser (Tough 1st round for Brandenstein)

171 - Weiss, Stein, Boots, Ewers (Weiss wins another close one)  :o

189 - Price, Rosebrock, Sandwith, Maldanado (Rosebrock's sloppy wrestling will catch up with him)

215 - Froehlich, Rubenacker, Adams, VanWinkle (Froehlich turns it up again)

285 - Daugherty, Hammelman, Wimpelburg, Meny

I wouldn't be picking sims over welch. Three different times he has been beat by one of the welch brothers. They don't let off the throttle

103 vanhook

112 welch

119 moody

125 Hoehn

130 dowdy

135 rueger

140 whetstine

145 sims

152 welch

160 smith

171 weiss

189 price

215 froehlich

285 daugherty

103- dau, vanhook, smith (If he wrestles like he did last weekend he will beat hall), meiring

112-Wedding, Dunkel, Kuhn, Welch

119-Griesemer, Moody, Quinton, Lennert

125-Hoehn, Sulawske, Backes, Henderson

130-Wolf, Dowdy, Schroeder, Melliff

135-Rueger, Keith (Konrath only beat Weinzapfle by a point Keith stuck him), Konrath, Harpenua

140-Meurer, Graper, Whetstine, Chamberlian

145-Welch, Jines, Sims, Terry

152-Marshall, Welch, Colavecchia, Rickenbaugh

160-Weikel, Smith, Oser, Brandenstien

171-Boots,Weiss,Stein,Ewers

189-Price, Sandwith, Fentress, Rosebrock

215-Ruebenacker (granted his arm is better), Begle, Froehlich, Adams

285-Hammelman, Daugherty, Luebbenhusen, Meny

You will see tomorrow!!!!                                          You will all see!

I wouldn't be picking sims over welch. Three different times he has been beat by one of the welch brothers. They don't let off the throttle

I think Simms pulls this one off simply because of what IU has stated. From my understanding they have all been close matches which could have gone either way especially if the ref's  were different, they would not taken injury time out as Simms has mastered from the spectators point of view.  This will come down to wether or not Welch can continue to stall and make it look like he working on a move which I must say seems to be a Castle style that has carried over to Reitz wrestling. Seems to be a connection

I think Simms pulls this one off simply because of what IU has stated. From my understanding they have all been close matches which could have gone either way especially if the ref's  were different, they would not taken injury time out as Simms has mastered from the spectators point of view.  This will come down to wether or not Welch can continue to stall and make it look like he working on a move which I must say seems to be a Castle style that has carried over to Reitz wrestling. Seems to be a connection

Simms very capable...But you are obviously retarded.

Maybe just a rookie remark BlueBolt.

True...I should consider the source...Of coure this particular source has popped up ou of the ground with a serious axe to grind against the Castle program and fans. 

My Apologies for my choice of words. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.