Jasper Team Regional

wrestlingguy

Jeffersonville vs. Mater Dei, Castle vs. Jasper

After looking at the results page for Jeff, it appears that all 4 of these schools wrestled each other in the same gym back in December.  What were the scores of these matchups back then?  Predictions?  Let the discussion begin!!

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They were all there but did not wrestle each other. MD tries to get SIAC teams to wrestle non SIAC teams. after all those teams face each other at least once each season at a minimum.  I will see ifI can find the results. might want to see if they are in the results section. MD and Castle wrestled the other 2.so it would be a comparison

chambers, I would like to give you an wahoo. you have taken on alot, with limited kids and I want to wish you well and hope you can build your schools program

Thanks, I knew what I was getting into last year when I took the job. We had 3 wrestlers at sectional last year and improved to seven this year (with three more that were injured in the last two weeks that would have been there if not for injuries). I expect more next year.

Stick, you dont remember or didnt  hear about that - originally because FP bowed out and then Jasper got Greencastle into FP's place; then FP asked since they had the 1st contract to be there.  Jasper originally had  MD on and left out Castle off of their schedule; Coach Harmon complained; and the schedule was changed MD was not on Jaspers Schedule and Castle was since there were really 7 teams there and not 6 as everone had originally planned. the Forest Park waiver really messed up that tournament. From what  I have heard there will only be 6 teams there next season; even if someteam has to be 'fired'.for changing its mind twice.

Ok.  I'll pick MD vs Castle in the finals, with MD winning.  I have Castle favored at 112, 145, 152, 160, 189, 215, and 285.  MD favored at 103, 119, 125, 130, 135, 140, 171.  The difference will be bonus points.  Castle will get bonus points at 189 and 152.  MD will get bonus points at 103, 119, 135, and 171.

So is it Floyd Central or Jeffersonville?  I have seen both listed.

jeff laid the hammer down on fc.

order of teams:

mater dei

castle

jeff

jasper

i love watching castle but i'm not sure if they can knock mater dei off again. mater dei is getting better every week.

jeff is really good but i don't think they are as solid top to bottom.

Ok.  I'll pick MD vs Castle in the finals, with MD winning.  I have Castle favored at 112, 145, 152, 160, 189, 215, and 285.  MD favored at 103, 119, 125, 130, 135, 140, 171.  The difference will be bonus points.  Castle will get bonus points at 189 and 152.  MD will get bonus points at 103, 119, 135, and 171.

I agree with the weight classes except that I think 140 is a toss up.  Little Welch will get bonus at 112.  Castle's 171 won't give up bonus.  He wrestled Weiss to a close match.  This is going to be a great dual meet!!  (Both teams need to get there first though!)

I agree with the weight classes except that I think 140 is a toss up.  Little Welch will get bonus at 112.  Castle's 171 won't give up bonus.  He wrestled Weiss to a close match.  This is going to be a great dual meet!!  (Both teams need to get there first though!)

I thought little Welch would get bonus points the last time they wrestled, but it was a decision.  Both have improved alot so it should be interesting.  As for the 171 match, if boots can hold you down, he can pin you.  It was a relatively quick pin the last time they met.(Really, I am just trying to stir up some conversation on this topic ;D)

I thought little Welch would get bonus points the last time they wrestled, but it was a decision.  Both have improved alot so it should be interesting.  As for the 171 match, if boots can hold you down, he can pin you.  It was a relatively quick pin the last time they met.(Really, I am just trying to stir up some conversation on this topic ;D)

"If" is the key to that now isn't it?    ;)

It was like 5-2 or something in the SIAC.  Warren really wrestled him well for most of the match.

Warren has improved steadily.  I am impressed with the young man's desire to get better each week.  it has shown on the mat.

What match were you watching when Jeff wrestled Castle? The score was 29-25 going into the last match at 189. The Jeff kid was trying to throw Rosebrock for the win and got pinned in the process. 63-6 might have been the Castle Jasper score.

Md placed ahead of Castle at the SIAC and wrestled terribly.  If they wrestle like they did at the sectionals, they should be ok.  If they wrestle like they did against Reitz at the dual team and at the SIAC they will be in trouble.  They beat Castle in the regular season last year and lost to them at the team regionals.  They beat them in the regular season this year.  Could this be a repeat of last year?  Should be a great matchup.  I can see this coming down to the last match. :-X

I wil lsay it...Castle didn't exactly set the world on fire at the SIAC either.   Saying Mater Dei didn't wrestle well and ended up second is a slap in the face to not only Reitz that won the SIAC, but to all 3 teams that finished within 10 points of so of each other.

while I honestly don't think any of the top 3 wrestled up to their lofty abilities, it was one HECK of a day of wrestling and Reitz won it...Nuff Said.

I am still having trouble with WHY people can't see that things - as the tend to do - are shifting.  The programs statewide are improving and the level of competition is getting better and better.    

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.