"Duck" Stevenson, Atwood, Sliga, Johnson-Jones, and Thatcher "Worth"

duck_and_run

This is probably the most insulting post of the year. First let me say that I saw Duckworth at Connersville and he looks like a 171 lb wrestler. Second he is a great kid with a big motor...he will keep coming at you and unfortunately for me..one of my relatives was one of those who was beating him early and then he kept coming and won..and yes it was at Conseco....SO Duck and Run...have you seen him on the scales this year? Did you stand next to the kid and see that he might have played football at around 200 and is now at 171..My son played at 185 and is now at 160. You know if you are going to call a kid out on here you should at least put your name down..not some smart a** nick name. I know that at Connersville he was still at 189 so he could wrestle Stevenson..unfortunately Aaron was hurt. The kid has done nothing that I have ever seen to deserve people taking a shot at him. SO Duck and Run..what was your record..or is your record in high school? Who did you challenge? PROBABLY NO ONE!!!!!!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe he's just going where he thinks is the best place to get another title

What? Wrestling a weight to win, like everyone else in the state?  Who would of thought all kids were doing the same thing.

Wow first off at the beginning of the season I think his dad said he was weighing 215 at football by the end of the season was down to 200.  So he cut thirty pounds from his slim football weight.  It is definatly fair to ask why a state champion would cut like that.  Sounds like he is ducking and running.  FYI my name was way before the callout.

Wow first off at the beginning of the season I think his dad said he was weighing 215 at football by the end of the season was down to 200.  So he cut thirty pounds from his slim football weight.  It is definatly fair to ask why a state champion would cut like that.  Sounds like he is ducking and running.  FYI my name was way before the callout.

Key words....."I think"

It was 205 during football season my bad.  Thats still 35 pounds.  This IS WHAT DUCKWORTHS FATHER SAID on an earlier post this season.  I guess we will se how the post season plays out but it looks like a good move getting out of the 89 pound class because I know Atwood was ready for the rematch.

It was 205 during football season my bad.  Thats still 35 pounds.  This IS WHAT DUCKWORTHS FATHER SAID on an earlier post this season.  I guess we will se how the post season plays out but it looks like a good move getting out of the 89 pound class because I know Atwood was ready for the rematch.

I've talked with Atwood and his only concern is being on the mat, he doesn't care who it's against. All he is focused on is winning a championship.

There is no doubt about the two best wrestlers at this weight class is Stevenson an Atwood.  Duckworth still what ever the case maybe about dropping to 171, deserves all the respect. He is a state ruuner up at 60 as a soph.(wow), Champ at171 as a Junior, and he will be a champ at 171 again this year ( unless  Bratcher can knock him off ;D) My pick at 189 is Atwood

Anyone else tired of hearing the phrase "We'll see how it plays out on the mat" or some derivative of that in these posts?  C'mon, who are you, Hulk Hogan?  Of course it will play out on the mat.  If you have an opinion, stand by it, support it, defend it, or admit that you are wrong.  But please, stop with the tough-guy "Well, well, I guess it'll all get played out under the lights!" crap. 

Anyone else tired of hearing the phrase "We'll see how it plays out on the mat" or some derivative of that in these posts?  C'mon, who are you, Hulk Hogan?  Of course it will play out on the mat.  If you have an opinion, stand by it, support it, defend it, or admit that you are wrong.  But please, stop with the tough-guy "Well, well, I guess it'll all get played out under the lights!" crap. 

:) Very well said!!

Have you ever considered that maybe what his future College Coach wants might mean more than what his father says on some chat board? Well that was a stupid question as I'm certain you never had to consider what a College Coach might want you to do!! I personally think you, or your son is Wrestling @ 171 & are scared to death!

Wow!!! Who is best? I'm gonna go with the guy that won under the lights at their weight last year. UH, That was definently Duckworth I saw... Not Atwood...

As far as dominating the match, Duckworth won 11-6. Atwood started out good but got outwrestled when it mattered. Besides, didn't Stevenson beat Atwood this offseason. I think I'd be more concerned with him than a guy at a lower weight class.

There you go!! thats it! end of disscussion

ok so im not so sure he was around 200 pounds during football. Everyone thats played highschool football knows that your roster weight is heavier than you are. Duck should wrestle at 171 like he said he was ALL YEAR LONG never once did i hear him or his coach say anything about wrestling another weight come sectionals. Yea he wreslted 215 and 189 through out the season but look where he did it and who was there?????? thats right no one last week during conference he made weight for 171 but he still wrestled up why you ask????? idk maybe to get him into better condition for the state run. wow who would have ever thought of that? But one interesting thing i heard this year was at the spartin classic. Duck missed practice the day before due to having his wisdom teeth pulled and wasnt going to wrestle but once he found out that stevenson wasnt wrestling he was all about getting on the mat. call it what you want but lets give credit to them all they are great wrestlers and are having great seasons so far i wish all of them the best of luck.

HAHA THIS IS WHY I LOVE INDIANAMAT. I LOVE THE DRAMA AND THE INTENSITY IN THE FANS  ;D

BUT I DONT LIKE WHEN I GET THE DREADED  ''BOO'' BY PEOPLE AND ONLY 1 PERSON REPLIED BACK 2 MY POST.. IF U R GNNA ''BOO'' ME OR ANYBODY ELSE HAVE THE MANLY HOOD TO REPLY BACK TO THE POST U DIDNT LIKE AND STATE YOUR OPINION LIKE A MAN

There is no doubt about the two best wrestlers at this weight class is Stevenson an Atwood.  Duckworth still what ever the case maybe about dropping to 171, deserves all the respect. He is a state ruuner up at 60 as a soph.(wow), Champ at171 as a Junior, and he will be a champ at 171 again this year ( unless  Bratcher can knock him off ;D) My pick at 189 is Atwood

There are better 71's to knock off Duckworth than Bratcher. Bratcher's thing he's got going for him is coming through Ft Wayne.

HAHA THIS IS WHY I LOVE INDIANAMAT. I LOVE THE DRAMA AND THE INTENSITY IN THE FANS  ;D

BUT I DONT LIKE WHEN I GET THE DREADED  ''BOO'' BY PEOPLE AND ONLY 1 PERSON REPLIED BACK 2 MY POST.. IF U R GNNA ''BOO'' ME OR ANYBODY ELSE HAVE THE MANLY HOOD TO REPLY BACK TO THE POST U DIDNT LIKE AND STATE YOUR OPINION LIKE A MAN

Be a man and post your opinion behind a fake screenname on a message board!

This conversation is ridiculous.  I find it odd that we often look to pigeonhole the accomplishments of those whose prior achievements we admire, especially when that individual is a high school wrestler.  Whatever decision Mike has made as a competitor is driven by his desire to be successful, and I'm sure many of you would be willing to concede this as the goal as we move forward.  To call out a young man (that is what he is) in regards to his manhood is a tactic reserved for those people who have either not known success, don't know all the facts, or are not mature and secure enough in themselves to ask a simple question.  Maybe instead of an attack on Duck ducking competition (a weak and obvious pun at best), we should have simply asked the question "Why is Duckworth at 171 for sectionals?"  The responses would have been surprisingly more civil and accurate.  I'm all for asking the question, as it begs asking, but lets remember to be both cordial and respectful in our asking.  He is a returning state champion after all. 

As for the rest of the wrestlers mentioned, my congratulation for being in this conversation.  Your hard work and determination have put you in a class reserved for only a few of your peers, the elite of Indiana high school wrestling.  I'm sure you are all outstanding individuals, with obviously passionate fans and supporters, who continue to advance quality of this sport in all of our minds.  Best of luck to each of you in your quest for a state championship.  No matter the situation, that is truly an achievement.

Be a man and post your opinion behind a fake screenname on a message board!

Bash you r a CLOWN  im not trying to hide behind any screen name I will stand by any comment i make and if people dont like it thats fine, its part of being AMERICAN freedom of speach.

so heres some info 4 u

Full Name: Anthony Joseph Marquez

Height: 5'7''

Weight: 185

Description: A Lean & Green Killin Machine

Favorite Movie: Friday Night Lights

Favorite Food: Chicago Style Pizza

Favorite Color: MARINE CORPS GREEN

anything else u would like to know just ask my man

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.