Hamilton Heights Sectional

DaMATstadon

If the youngsters from Noblesville bring it like they have done in the duals, they could be successful on Saturday.  But! if it's like conference, not so much.

Wormuth has had decent soph. season.  I look for him to do well at HH.  Lovitt is not wresling for NHS.

There is no doubt in my mind that Noblesville is the best dual meet team in the sectional, but they have not performed very well in tourney scoring this year. If they wrestle at the level they are capable of I think they can pull off a championship. They only have 1 #1 seed so they have their work cut out for themselves. Tri, Anderson, & Pendleton have solid chances as well.

Fearless, Ouch... 66-10 wasn't enough to get the nod?

We're young and I knew Noblesville was going to be tough... but as I was watching the match I was comparing how Noblesville individuals wrestled compared to how other teams( PH, TC, Alex) individuals wrestled against us. I know that that does not transpose into the galactic medium but he for sure is.

Are we losing Anderson Highland next year?

Per Anderson Community Schools, there will only be one high school in Anderson. It will be called Anderson High School and will be located on Madison Ave. (the existing Anderson High School). Highland High School will be a 7-9th grade facility, name yet to be determined.

Ok... Here's my picks...

103 - Zach Wise (PH)      It'll be a tough one... but  Zachie  :) has a lot of heart!

112 - Mason Todd (PH)    Yes, it will go three rounds, 'cuz Blanton never stops moving.  But, I don't think the score will be nearly as close as County.

119 - Levi Lanning  (AL)   Lanning has been known to come out w/ some big wins when he's equally matched.  (Just ask me, I should know!)

125 - Justin Eshelman (PH)  FINALLY!  No more Eppert

130 - Eli Walker (AL)   This will be another tough one.  Achenbach won at County.  But I think Walker will be comin' back for vengeance!

135 - Mason Berryman  (AH)  How can you argue?

140 - Braydon Alley   (HH) Last year's champion.  Gotta pick him to win again, considering he has the same opponents.

145 - Montrail Johnson  (TC) It'll be a nail biter... but I'll definitely give Nicholson the championship next year.

152 - Sammy Bennett  (AH) Again... this is another year for Sammy to shine.

160 - Dylon Gregg (AND) Don't know too  much here, so I'm gonna have to pick the #1.  He was #4 last year at 140, which was a really tough weight... so he should do well.

171 - Kevin Moats (TIP)  Love the way this guy wrestles.  Ranked #10 in the state.

189 - Derrick Holpuch (NOB)- Don't know much about the wrestlers here... so again... picking the #1

215 - Kyle Smitherman (PH) It'll be another barn burner.  But I think Smitherman has finally got Smart figured out.  It might get ugly.

289 - Hunter Prol (PH)  This first year varsity wrestler is one to watch.  He's raw, but he's not afraid of anybody.  The 3rd round may present a challenge, but I see Prol going to the finals and taking it all.

And... look at all those kids from Pendleton Heights up there... can you say Sectional Champions?

Very interesting selections wee mom. Perhaps a little bias but I'm sure we all are. I just felt no love for the millers. I hope we can come up and grab a couple of those titles, so don't clear a spot for the trophy just yet! ;)

Ok WeeMom. You made your picks so now i shall make mine...

at 103- I have the PH kid winning it. Saw him wrestle at the Tipton tourney and he looked tough.

at 112- Todd PH... I don't see anyone  beating him lol.

119- I think Anderson from TC will beat Lanning from Alexandria.

125- Eshelman. No conest lol.

130- I think this one is between Walker and Burton. Should be a good one.

135- Berryman is the clear favorite but i think Pyke from TC may suprise some people. When he is at his best, he is tough. I just think Berryman better not take his opponent lightly.

140- Yes, Alley did win last year but Buck from TC pinned him the following weekend at regional. So going on that I'm saying that the winner of Alley and Buck will win the weight class. . . I'm picking Buck.

145- Johnson from TC. He hasn't lost yet and i don't see it happening this week.

152- Sammy Bennet!  

160- I'm Picking Gregg of Anderson. He looked tough last year and he should win it without too much trouble this year.

171- Kevin Moates! He is one heckuva wrestler.

189- I'm gonna say Holpuch of Noblesville.

215- I'm calling the upset and taking J.R. Smart to beat Smitherman for the title.

285- This weight is WIDE OPEN. I'm picking Prohl since he is the #1 seed. BUt i wouldn't be suprised to see any of the top 5 win it.

Ooooh....

I totally missed Gadient at 130!  Sorry about that jag!!

Well.. I may have to revise my pick at 130.  Between him and Achenbach, I have to pick Gadient.  Have the two met up yet this year?  Achenbach is on fire this season, but Tyler has great technique.  

Tough weight class!

Ok... Here's my picks...

103 - Zach Wise (PH)      It'll be a tough one... but Zach's beat Elmore before, and Zachie  :) has a lot of heart!

112 - Mason Todd (PH)    Yes, it will go three rounds, 'cuz Blanton never stops moving.  But, I don't think the score will be nearly as close as County.

119 - Levi Lanning  (AL)   Lanning has been known to come out w/ some big wins when he's equally matched.  (Just ask me, I should know!)

125 - Justin Eshelman (PH)  FINALLY!  No more Eppert

130 - Eli Walker (AL)   This will be another tough one.  Achenbach won at County.  But I think Walker will be comin' back for vengeance!

135 - Mason Berryman  (AH)  How can you argue?

140 - Braydon Alley   (HH) Last year's champion.  Gotta pick him to win again, considering he has the same opponents.

145 - Montrail Johnson  (TC) It'll be a nail biter... but I'll definitely give Nicholson the championship next year.

152 - Sammy Bennett  (AH) Again... this is another year for Sammy to shine.

160 - Dylon Gregg (AND) Don't know too  much here, so I'm gonna have to pick the #1.  He was #4 last year at 140, which was a really tough weight... so he should do well.

171 - Kevin Moats (TIP)  Love the way this guy wrestles.  Ranked #10 in the state.

189 - Derrick Holpuch (NOB)- Don't know much about the wrestlers here... so again... picking the #1

215 - Kyle Smitherman (PH) It'll be another barn burner.  But I think Smitherman has finally got Smart figured out.  It might get ugly.

289 - Hunter Prol (PH)  This first year varsity wrestler is one to watch.  He's raw, but he's not afraid of anybody.  The 3rd round may present a challenge, but I see Prol going to the finals and taking it all.

And... look at all those kids from Pendleton Heights up there... can you say Sectional Champions?

Good pics!! Gotta go with Wise at 103 Great kid- wrestler another one of my ele. national all americans!

Yup... 130

(trying to work at the same time I keep checking message boards isn't working out too well for me!)

Editing Complete!

WeeMom, you are funny!

130 should be real interesting. Gadient jumping 3 weight classes from last year is a tough thing to do but hey, can't stop growth and I believe he was injured earlier this season. These matches will probably come down to conditioning(or lack of) more than the other weight classes.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.