;adies and Gentlemen...It is THAT Time Again

BlueBolt

The end of the Practice Season is here....

The REAL Season begins.  One match at a time, one win you move on, one loss your road may very well end all together.

Each second ticks away faster than the last.  Each moment is burned into our memories.

Ladies and Gentlemen...We Thank You for your hard work, your efforts, and letting us be a small part of your dreams.

As always...Be Smart, Be Aggressive, Be Wrestlers...You are now ONE OF US!

I agree with you D-Train but when you fall short on one goal you must set another and the cycle continues.  The real test for most is when these young men get out of school. That is when the real test will come,  weather they keep wrestling, continue their education, go into the Military or just want to get on with their lives and succeed in life. They are all champions and our future.  I hope that they all succeed and pass down what they have learned or learn.  I am sure that for the most part they will pass down morals, traditions and heart.  Thank God, parents and coachs/teachers for what they have done and will do.

Great season this year and let the fun begin...

my advice to all wrestlers:

leave it all on the mat, and let there be no doubt.  because goals that you fail to accomplish may very well haunt you for life.

insist on this quote to your wrestlers, I got second in my sectional my senior year, was seeded first. I still get a sick feeling every time I think about it, that was 1983. I tell my son this all the time, this is his senior year. all you guys leave it ALL on the mat so you dont have to tell your kids this same story. ??? ??? ??? ???

To all the wrestlers this season wrestled each match as if it was your last, for the seniors all those miles you ran, all the weight u had to control, all the blood, sweat and tears you left behind in each match and each practice let that help you through these final days and thank God for each time u step on the matt , cause it only lasts 6 short mins then its done and over with

I agree with you D-Train but when you fall short on one goal you must set another and the cycle continues.  The real test for most is when these young men get out of school. That is when the real test will come,  weather they keep wrestling, continue their education, go into the Military or just want to get on with their lives and succeed in life. They are all champions and our future.  I hope that they all succeed and pass down what they have learned or learn.  I am sure that for the most part they will pass down morals, traditions and heart.  Thank God, parents and coachs/teachers for what they have done and will do.

Great season this year and let the fun begin...

you are completely right and i don't disagree.  of course you have to keep things in perspective. 

but, every year when i drive down to indy i remember that i lost in the ticket round.  i can't tell you how many times i wonder if i just took things a little more seriously, that may have made the difference. 

if you fall short of a goal, but you feel in your heart that you did everything you could, it is a lot easier to live with. 

what i want kids to come away from this with is that, whatever happens, if you know for sure that you left it all out there, it will be a lot easier to swallow.  wrestling is THE greatest sport.  it probably gave me more than i gave it.

My first trip to the state finals my coach told us that if we wrestled the state finals for four weeks straight there would be a different champion every week in all most every weight class.  He went on to say that it is often who has the best weekend when we hit Indy.  There will always be a Tsirtsis at certain weights, but there will always be surprises too.  Train and prepare mentally like it is your weekend.  The first finals match I ever saw ended when the one wrestler who was down 5 pts. w/ 30 seconds to go put the other guy on his back and won.  Everyone in my section was balling their eyes out and we didn't even know the kid!  I can't wait.  I am bringing a 'state finals rookie' with me this year.  She has no idea what to expect even though we talk about it daily  ;D

Awood no illegal holds in the motel and I won't tell anyone, she will be a rookie only once. And as Alice in wonderland said to the rabbit or was it the rabbit to Alice do you want me to be good, or be nice? :P I will know when I see the twinkle in your eye on Saturday at Canceco Feild house, just buy her some shaved ice and all is well. :o  [move]Sighned Your Hero[/move]

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.