Merrillville/Ft. Wayne semi states 135

ontherise219

Wow these 2 semi states are loaded if they meet up friday night it could make for a ton of good matches

Ft Wayne

Hiestand yorktown

Faurote Bellmont

Hill Jimtown

Norton Ft wayne Carrol

Merrillville

Marcullcilli Wawasee

Guerra Mishawaka

Wartman Lake Central

Acuna Portage

Shurg Crown Point

McTigue Delphi

Grayson Laf Jeff

Anglemeyer Penn

Hate to say it but these matches wouldn't be that great.  The third and forth best 135 pounder from Fort Wayne beat Guerra which is Merrillville's highest rated wrestler on the state rankings.  You and everyone else is also forgetting that Fort Wayne has another ranked wrestler C Zinc from woodland.  He whooped up on a Winzapal kid from Matre Dei and kept it pretty close with Norton.  I am hoping Fort Wayne draws Merriville Friday night, because there will be 4 less Merriville kids placing after it.

Hate to say it but these matches wouldn't be that great.  The third and forth best 135 pounder from Fort Wayne beat Guerra which is Merrillville's highest rated wrestler on the state rankings.  You and everyone else is also forgetting that Fort Wayne has another ranked wrestler C Zinc from woodland.  He whooped up on a Winzapal kid from Matre Dei and kept it pretty close with Norton.  I am hoping Fort Wayne draws Merriville Friday night, because there will be 4 less Merriville kids placing after it.

sounds bitter dude....

Yeah if Merriville 135 blanks Fort Waynes 135 I will fight a bear in a back alley in Indionapolis.  It is not going to happen they may have an outside shot to win two matches, but it is more likely 1 or zero.  If the semi state draws work out where they get the right individuals down to conseco it is over for Merriville at 135.  Your best got beat by both Fort Waynes lower ranked guys. 

Merriville gets all high and mighty all year, so don't you tell me I am being bitter about this one.  Your cocky and arrogant and you have every right to be your the best in indiana, but not at 135. 

He does make a decent point. Faurote should definitely be ranked 4th in the FW SS, having lost to #1, #2, and #3.

Considering Guerra is probably the best of the bunch in Merrillville, and Faurote beat him, I would say that FW would be favored in all 4 matches.

The only problem is that Faurote only has a one in three chance of making it to Conseco unless he beats Hiestand at regional, or avenges losses to probable Regional Champs Hill of Jimtown or Norton of Carroll in the ticket round.

Sometimes it happens that Way. It is not alway the best 4 but who can get the draw they Need I could see 7 of these guys placing But I think Barlow is also going to get a Medal somewhere?

But they all have really close results Guerra has been Close to Farote and Hill, Faroute has been close with Norton and Acuna Shurg Wartman have all beat each other up I hope it doesn't draw out like this but it could

Sometimes it happens that Way. It is not alway the best 4 but who can get the draw they Need I could see 7 of these guys placing But I think Barlow is also going to get a Medal somewhere?

But they all have really close results Guerra has been Close to Farote and Hill, Faroute has been close with Norton and Acuna Shurg Wartman have all beat each other up I hope it doesn't draw out like this but it could

exactly correct me if im wrong but Hill beat Guerra with a take down at the buzzer? i wasnt there for either but im gonna agree with ontherise. just cause you wrestle and win a close match once doesnt mean you are the better guy best of 10. good example was trace hall and steve sandefer. both great wrestlers but sandefer was obviously the better of the 2. Hall beat him at sectionals or regionals. so does that mean that steven was now not going to beat people because of it? i think guerra is going to do fine and duck will be shocked when Mville takes at least 2 head to head

exactly correct me if im wrong but Hill beat Guerra with a take down at the buzzer? i wasnt there for either but im gonna agree with ontherise. just cause you wrestle and win a close match once doesnt mean you are the better guy best of 10. good example was trace hall and steve sandefer. both great wrestlers but sandefer was obviously the better of the 2. Hall beat him at sectionals or regionals. so does that mean that steven was now not going to beat people because of it? i think guerra is going to do fine and duck will be shocked when Mville takes at least 2 head to head

It was a reversal with about 2 seconds.  It was Hill's day, next time it could be Guerra's day, who knows.  All I know is that 135 is loaded this year.  Faurote lost to Norton yesterday 1-0 at there conference meet. To me that makes  F.W. a little more interesting.

I said you may get 2 of 4 wins but its highly unlikly.  Your top guy has been beat by the third and 4th guy from Fort Wayne.  No offense to you but your prolly not going to win 2 matches.  You will be lucky to get one.  That being said Fort Waynes 5th wrestler from Woodland may be better then your best.  He smoked Matre Dei's 35 who was ranked at the time and hung with Brock Norton.  Your just not as good at 135, its as simple as that.

All these 1-0 matches to me says that the other guy was dominated.  He couldn't get up off bottom he couldn't take te other wrestler down and he couldn't hold the other wrestler down.  If you do not score a single point in a match you are dominated flat out.  I would imagine that norton dominated faurote yesterday.  Although the score was only 1 point I bet he was not close to getting a takedown or close to getting an escape.  Plus we can look at what could have happened all day long the truth is your best got beat by our worse.  He didn't get thrown he didn't get caught and pinned he got outscored in a 6 minute match.  He may win next time but there is nothing that would show me he is better then Fort Waynes 4th best wrestler.

All these 1-0 matches to me says that the other guy was dominated.  He couldn't get up off bottom he couldn't take te other wrestler down and he couldn't hold the other wrestler down.  If you do not score a single point in a match you are dominated flat out.  I would imagine that norton dominated faurote yesterday.  Although the score was only 1 point I bet he was not close to getting a takedown or close to getting an escape.  Plus we can look at what could have happened all day long the truth is your best got beat by our worse.  He didn't get thrown he didn't get caught and pinned he got outscored in a 6 minute match.  He may win next time but there is nothing that would show me he is better then Fort Waynes 4th best wrestler.

I was not at the meet yesterday.  I was listening to the finals on the Adams County radio station.  Granted these are both former Bellmont wrestlers calling the match.  But, it sounded like Faurote hit a "Lewis" and had Norton on his back at the end of the match.  However, no points were awarded.  Norton did win.  But I do not believe it sounded like it was in dominant fashion by any means.  Someone feel free to correct me if you were there and I am wrong!!!

Whats a lewis?  My bad by the way Faurote is the 4 seed in Fort Wayne.  He ALso beat Guerra.  Name one guy from your semi state who has beat one of our guys?

I have as follows

Norton- beat Faurote

Hiestand- beat Marcucilli 3-1

Hill- beat Faurote and Guerra 6-4

Faurote- beat Guerra 5-3 and Wartman 4-0,

So as of right now we are 4 and 0 vs your top three wrestlers.  Am I wrong to say were just better then you at this wieght.  How many facts do the region people need to hear to change there minds?

I was there too....granted I was high up in the stands....but it looked like all Farote did was roll on his side with his near arm trapping Norton's near arm.  Norton still had his far arm wrapped around and was on his side also...if I am mistaken with this let me know....but that is how it looked in the stands

Thats Why I posted the topic I think both Semi States are really tough. When you have returning 3rd placer and 6th placer With a Al Smith champ You should be the favorite. Merrillville is still tough at 135 too and Like I said one of my posts My pick for a title is Barlow from B South. and Mishawaka isn't part of the Region, South Bend does their own thing the Region is mostly lake and Porter County or the Calumet and and some of the Laporte Regionals.

Whats a lewis?  My bad by the way Faurote is the 4 seed in Fort Wayne.  He ALso beat Guerra.  Name one guy from your semi state who has beat one of our guys?

I have as follows

Norton- beat Faurote

Hiestand- beat Marcucilli 3-1

Hill- beat Faurote and Guerra 6-4

Faurote- beat Guerra 5-3 and Wartman 4-0,

So as of right now we are 4 and 0 vs your top three wrestlers.  Am I wrong to say were just better then you at this wieght.  How many facts do the region people need to hear to change there minds?

a 2 point match doesnt necessarily mean that that wrestler is better than the other wrestler 7 days of the week. hiestand beat marcucilli 3-1, but hiestand also beat faurote 11-1. so obviously that means that faurote is better than marcucilli? yes ft. wayne has had success vs. mville ss early on. but i would be shocked if guerra vs hill 2,3 wouldnt fall guerras way. just my opinion but a reversal with 2 seconds left does not make you better. it means that hill won on that day and was the better wrestler on that day. wait until state and we will see how true your feelings about ft. wayne turn out

You wrestle 6 minutes for a reason.  I was not at the meet but the final score was 6-4.  Everyone keeps acting like Hill would have lost the match, wouldn't it just have been overtime?  Your arguement that it happened with two seconds left is absolutly pointless.  Every second of the match is equally important, and if you use that arguement where would it stop.  Is getting a reversal with five seconds left mean your a better wrestler, or is it 10 seconds, how bout 20, or 40 seconds.  I just really want to know by what time in a match do I have to have the win locked up for it to be considered an actual win.  You Region people won't listen to facts, the truth is your not as good as fort wayne at 135

Yeah if Merriville 135 blanks Fort Waynes 135 I will fight a bear in a back alley in Indionapolis.  It is not going to happen they may have an outside shot to win two matches, but it is more likely 1 or zero.  If the semi state draws work out where they get the right individuals down to conseco it is over for Merriville at 135.  Your best got beat by both Fort Waynes lower ranked guys. 

Merriville gets all high and mighty all year, so don't you tell me I am being bitter about this one.  Your cocky and arrogant and you have every right to be your the best in indiana, but not at 135. 

hahahaha.how am i being cocky and arrogant? you just insulted me for no apparent reason at all, that i can think of.all i did was assume that you have some grudge or something against our semi-state.relax man.

ORRRR ...You have an official that is happy to allow the match to "linger" and see's no reason to call a stalemate or stalling?  I watched the shocked look on a lot of kids faces last weekend when a ref started awarding pts. in the 2nd. pd. to a kid on bottom as he was being ridden...they can only shout so much "action!"...just sayin'

;D ;D ;D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.