"Sleepers" at 130, 135, 145, 152, 189 and HWT at State

sodakchamp

Any "sleepers" out there at 130, 135, 145, 152, 160, 189 and Heavyweight at state this year?  I define "sleepers" as those under the radar who should be considered as contenders for placing at State or, who have slayed dragons so far this year.  We see the "big" names on this site all of the time.  Looking for that "Cinderella Story" if any exist.

I know 215 is not on this subject.But i got a feeling about Richard Brown from East Central.He is wrestling 215.His record is 23-8 and that is including his hhwt matches.i think he has only 3 or 4 matches at 215 and he is only a freshman and he is starting on varsuty.So i think he can probably place in state

I know 215 is not on this subject.But i got a feeling about Richard Brown from East Central.He is wrestling 215.His record is 23-8 and that is including his hhwt matches.i think he has only 3 or 4 matches at 215 and he is only a freshman and he is starting on varsuty.So i think he can probably place in state

thats not too shabby for a frosh, he should be a place winner his senior year , though i doubt he will place this tear

Another thread on this site was on under-rated wrestlers...someone responded that many of the wrestlers listed on this site  day-in and day-out are "over-rated."  Give these sleepers some publicity and encouragement.  Everyone loves a "Cinderella Story."

This thread is way to early! We don't have any sleepers due to the fact we haven't even started the state tournament. Some of these kids may not even see the inside of the weigh-in room at state.

I think Logan Cooper of Perry Meridan will be at state. He was Jv untill the Northmont duals and has already knocked off some good kids in the past few weeks.

At the time #10 Arthur Wright

#15 Daugherty

Just recently in the Catherdral match #5 Jake Buchanan

I think Logan Copper of Perry Meridan will be at state. He was Jv untill the Northmont duals and has already knocked off some good kids in the past few weeks.

At the time #10 Arthur Wright

#15 Daugherty

Just recently in the Catherdral match #5 Jake Buchanan

the kid is making some noise for sure, I was cared for Lentz at Bellmont duals but Lentz won. Copper is the New show stopper

I dont know how you call Cooper a sleeper.  I don't think any State Ranked Wrestler is a sleeper.  I noticed Cooper is ranked #15. Cooper will have his hands full to get to State.  Below are some expected wrestlers going to New Castle Semi State at 215...

Buchanan (Cathedral) #5 ranked

Smitherman (Pendleton Heights) #6 ranked

Jacquest (Clinton Central) #13 ranked

Wright (Tech) #16 ranked

Forman (South Dearborn) was ranked for most of the year.

Balbach (Mt Vernon) was ranked previously

Looks like to me there will be a few very good wrestlers who won't make it to the Finals.  I think Cooper has as good a chance as anyone mentioned here to get to the finals.  Great thing about wrestling is you have to bring it each time you step on the mat.  Anyone of these 7 wrestlers could be at the finals.

Yes, but will be tough going through Bell in sectional, then Bell and Dale in Regional

i agree he and bell will battle it out in sectional. highlight of his night right there. maybe everyones. he has to get healthy first and formost though

135 Blake Rueger as a fresh went to state and is shown NO respect this year as far as I know he has only lost once

Hwt I know that Wimpleburg is ranked but more people need to respect his quality for a big man I hope he goes out an is aggressive at sectionals

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.