Undefeated Wrestlers

Boot

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Record updates? New names? Names that need removed? I know there had to have been  changes over the weekend.

Remove Workman from Taylor, was defeated by Eshelman of Pendleton Heights at Tipton Invite. I believe Eshelman is undefeated at 28-0.

IMO, unless you're one of about 10/12 superior guys in the state, by this time in the season, you should have at least a loss or two under your belt if you are wrestling a challenging schedule.  I see some awesome wrestlers that have an "L" but that doesn't diminish their skill or ability in my eyes.  They are going to be better prepared for the post season than a lot (not all) of the wrestlers who are undefeated at this time.  Competition during the regular season is a huge key to post season success.

IMO, unless you're one of about 10/12 superior guys in the state, by this time in the season, you should have at least a loss or two under your belt if you are wrestling a challenging schedule.  I see some awesome wrestlers that have an "L" but that doesn't diminish their skill or ability in my eyes.  They are going to be better prepared for the post season than a lot (not all) of the wrestlers who are undefeated at this time.  Competition during the regular season is a huge key to post season success.

Word to your mother

They do deserve some respect for their accomplishment, but the coaches should also take strength of schedule into account when sectional seeding meetings start.  Great wrestlers with 1 or 2 losses against top ranked kids often get seeded lower than kids who have wrestled nobody, and I have seen some pretty heated discussions over this at meetings for multiple sectionals.  It all happens on the mat in the end.

Shouldn't happen at Sectionals.  Hopefully you work with your AD to make sure you have common opponents or head to head by that time.

I have never in all my years of coaching seen any coaches get upset at seeding meetings!  That is just a myth.  Atleast that is the way it is at the jennings Co Sectionals. ;)

It does come out in the end on the mat. I've seen guys who were undefeated get a #2 or 3 seed though because of weak opponents, and the coaches had conceded that. If they do end up getting the #1 seed and they really are as bad as some people seem to think they must be, then they'll lose and it doesn't matter anyway.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.