130 Tsirtsis CP

140 flamme CP

145 Roach CP

160 McMurray Portage

171 Dale Mc

189 Atwood delphi

215 Clevelsnd Lowell

HWT travis merrillville

Any chance we can get records on these guys? I know there are people from all these schools on the site.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any chance we can get records on these guys? I know there are people from all these schools on the site.

From the Al Smith Bracket

Jared Brooks Warsaw 11-0

Paul Beck Mishawka 18-0

Anthony Napules Merrillville 16-0

Frankie Porras Hobart 18-0

Anthony Quiroz Chesteton 17-0

Drake Stein 25-0

James Travis 17-0

This is straight from the finals

How in the heck has Cody Phillips already wrestled 49 times.  He could be close to the 65-70 mark by the state finals if he makes it that far!  Wow that sounds like a bit too much wrestling to me for a young growing kid.  I thought we changed the rules a few years back, to keep this very thing from happening.  I'm thinking "burn out"

He hasn't wrestled 49 times.. yet.  I believe he is 27-0 along with Duckworth being the same  27-0

That would make more sense.  I would think 49 is a little much with a few weeks left with the current weigh-in count we are under.   Just guessing but to reach 49 by now you would have to wrestle almost all tournaments and 5-ways.  And that still barely get you around 49 by this week.

How in the heck has Cody Phillips already wrestled 49 times.  He could be close to the 65-70 mark by the state finals if he makes it that far!  Wow that sounds like a bit too much wrestling to me for a young growing kid.  I thought we changed the rules a few years back, to keep this very thing from happening.  I'm thinking "burn out"

He was 49-0 at the end of last year but if you add his 27 on from this year he's 76-0 for his high school career thus far

The more matches a kid gets the least likely he'll be to get burned out. Matches and competition are the easy part. Its the practices that are hard. When you only have wrestled a few times but have practiced a ton that leads to a guy being burned out. I wish they would have allowed us to get 100 matches every season. Would have made wrestling season a lot more enjoyable.

The more matches a kid gets the least likely he'll be to get burned out. Matches and competition are the easy part. Its the practices that are hard. When you only have wrestled a few times but have practiced a ton that leads to a guy being burned out. I wish they would have allowed us to get 100 matches every season. Would have made wrestling season a lot more enjoyable.

Tell that to our AD who doesn't want us to add anymore JV oppertunities to the schedule until we get several more kids on the JV roster.  The rational that its hard to keep kids on the team when they only get a few JV matches a season doesn't work for him apparently.

Seemed ridiculous to me, but that's what the New Castle SS rankings page had him listed at. If someone has it right let me know.

He is only 27-0 so far this season, the New Castle topic is hardly correct.  I also believe that Brendan Cambell's record is also from the end of last season, when it ended during regional week.  He is also currently wrestling 112, Cambell that is.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.