MD vs Reitz.

md85

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Reitz being SNOWED in this past weekend ------ I'm having wrestling withdrawals.  

I'm not sure where we are with wrestle offs but I do expect us to put a very competitive team on the mat.   I will post my match by match prediction right before I leave for the meet on Thursday.  

I think this match will be one to watch, as always.  I think E. Weinzapfel and Boots have both looked good this year, so I'm gonna have to take them for MD.  Reitz is pretty strong in the lower weights, but I think a few of them can be toss ups (119 esp.).  I haven't see Reitz wrestle this year, so I'm going in blind.  I give the win to MD...until Reitz pulls out a win against them (which I haven't yet seen in my lifetime), I'll have to stick with the Cats....but boy do I love this match....battle of the West Side!!! Thursday night, 6pm, MD Gym...can't wait!

I think this match will be one to watch, as always.  I think E. Weinzapfel and Boots have both looked good this year, so I'm gonna have to take them for MD.  Reitz is pretty strong in the lower weights, but I think a few of them can be toss ups (119 esp.).  I haven't see Reitz wrestle this year, so I'm going in blind.  I give the win to MD...until Reitz pulls out a win against them (which I haven't yet seen in my lifetime), I'll have to stick with the Cats....but boy do I love this match....battle of the West Side!!! Thursday night, 6pm, MD Gym...can't wait!

How old are you then MatChick76 ?  ;D ;D

Nickster,

Not exactly sure when the varsity will start but both teams should have a full roster on JV or close to it.  If JV starts at 6:00, I would guess 7:15 or so for varsity.

I doubt if it will sell out.  However,  your seating choice will be limited if you wait until the varsity starts to show up.  The finals of the MD Holiday classic typically has a huge crowd - we could be close to that but not a sell out.

IF the Courier happens to give us a few lines this week to hype up the dual it might bring out some casual wrestling fans.  The hardcore fans already know about it and will be there regardless - hype or no hype.

When do you think the varsity match will begin?

Do you think it will sell out? 

The Varsity will probably start as close to 7pm as possible...but I'd come early...seating is limited.  I think this match is usually one of the best attended...sell out, I'm not sure...but it should be a good crowd. 

IF the Courier happens to give us a few lines this week to hype up the dual it might bring out some casual wrestling fans.  The hardcore fans already know about it and will be there regardless - hype or no hype.

Good luck with that the Courier hasn't given the wrestling world much press this year, I miss Pete DiPrimio, probably a time before most of you can remember.

I'm not scared to eat crow. This one will be hella close and will go to who wants it the most. (Insert whatever over-used cliche you like there). So here it goes...

103 R by dec

112 R by maj

119 MD by dec

125 MD by maj

130 MD by dec (tough one to call)

135 R by dec (not a knock to Rueger but MD will avoid bonus)

140 MD by maj

145 MD by dec

152 R by dec

160 MD by fall

171 MD by dec

189 R by dec

215 MD by dec (another flip a coin match)

285 R by dec

MD-29 R-19....My score adjusting for more bonus than expected and human error would be 32-24 still MD.

Swing matches at 119, 130, 152, 171, 215, and 285

If Reitz can win the majority these they have a shot.

"Swing matches at 119, 130, 152, 171, 215, and 285.

If Reitz can win the majority these they have a shot. "

If Reitz wins a majority they will have more than a shot.  ;) I like the match up at 119 with Lannert and Moody. Moody is the State qualifier, I would have to give him the advantage. Don't let yourself think Jake isn't good, but Moody should be the favorite. I also like Dowdy at 130. I really believe he is one that is slipping under everyone's radar. I do believe you have listed the "swing matches" correctly as all being very close.  :-\ There may even be a sure win match that turns into an upset for one of the teams.  :o The last few years (maybe even 8-10 yrs) there has been some very competitive wrestling even if the score sometimes doesn't show. MD hasn't had a cake walk for the last few. It's time for the Reitz's team (all of them) to wrestle to their capabilities.  MD and Reitz wrestlers generally leave everything out on the mats for this dual. It is an emotional dual and remember their only high school kids. They both should be proud to represent their schools for the westside fans. It really is one of the best dual night settings in the state.  8)

I agree boilergrappler - it will be a great setting & atmosphere.  Like the headlines SHOULD read in tomorrow's FRONT page of sports - "West Side rivals set to square off in a much anticipated battle" - "Both teams are ranked high in the State and feature numerous ranked wrestlers and potential state placers".  oh well, maybe they will at least put the box scores in Friday's paper! 

I've played a few bump scenarios in my head that would be interesting for both teams.  I doubt that it will happen but it gives me something else to think about.

I would love to be able to pick the starting weight!

I'm sure Coach Schaefer and Coach Ferguson would like to know that starting weight class as well. We really haven't seen any "bumping around" the last few years. Reitz did for some injuries a couple or three ago, but it has been prety well each other lineups against each other. Yea sure would be nice to see some sports media coverage. But there's city swim and basketball being done also this week ....... ha ha ..... like it would really matter. Hit me up or text me with those "bump scenarios" tomorrow Jon H. I'll give you mine. I going to finish mine tonight. I'll be in Mount Vernon tomorrow morning early. 8)

Good luck with that the Courier hasn't given the wrestling world much press this year, I miss Pete DiPrimio, probably a time before most of you can remember.

Unless I missed it, it looks like I was right on that one at this point I'd be suprized to see an article in Friday's paper  >:(

This dual meet will be the closet in years.  I really think Reitz will win.  Reitz has alot of seniors which will help somewhat.

I don't see any bumping going on.  Unless MD bump up sims to 152.  I think Boyle has been wrestling better as of late.

You have to give the nod to Moody at 119.

130 is close, who wants it more.

140 I do not know what to expect Raben is good but Reed can be very tough.

160 Should be very interesting

171 Boots has proven himself but Schnarre is a tough athletic freshman.

215  I have a feeling this will be exciting.

Single leg who are you rooting for? 

Castle will be another interesting dual.

DiPrimo is working in Fort Wayne.  He does a good job, even though the wrestling coverage gets less and less each year.  His brother was a very good coach and ref before he went into administration.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.