wrestling commercial

urawrestler

I like the commercial but I wish that they hadn't mentioned that he lost 8 lbs. in 115 minutes.

We have enough trouble getting kids out for our sport because the football players don't want to lose weight.  There is a perception that weight cutting is all we do and it keeps our sport from growing.  I think Brute and Adidas should have known better than to advertise that.  The commercial is cool but not the best ever.

I like the commercial but I wish that they hadn't mentioned that he lost 8 lbs. in 115 minutes.

We have enough trouble getting kids out for our sport because the football players don't want to lose weight.  There is a perception that weight cutting is all we do and it keeps our sport from growing.  I think Brute and Adidas should have known better than to advertise that.  The commercial is cool but not the best ever.

I agree 100%

I don't think that this commercial was intended to persuade kids to wrestle. Instead it is more of a commercial recognizing everything that goes into wrestling. Dedication, sacrifice, discipline, mental toughness, etc. Those of us "in the know" know that not everyone has to cut 8lbs in 2 hours. Those of us who did know how hard it was and that line, in combination with the others, shows the grueling process that we all went or go through. I feel like Adidas' approach is more of an "in your face" to other sports. At the same time it relates to those who are not new to the wrestling world and is a tribute to an individual's hard work. That's what makes it great.

I like this commerical, it's so rare to see a "wrestler" in a national commercial because it's not one of the "mainstream" sports.  The best part was when everyone was lined up against him for a "king of the mat.", it was intense.  Wrestling getting a little more recognition is the key here.  We were eating at Subway the other day and my son looked up at the billboard out the window and was very excited to see it was a wrestling billboard.  Maybe they shouldn't have talked about weight cutting...but the reality is that that is a very real part of wrestling.  I'm just glad to see some wrestling exposure. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.