215-Hannan (CP) d. Michael Nickson (M) OT              0-6

285-James Travis(M) p. Swope (CP)                            6-6

103-Zac Stevens (M) m.d. Saroff (CP)                        10-6

112-Adam Garcia (M) p. CP                          16-6

119-Anthony Hawkins (CP) d. Al Padilla (M) 16-9

125-Anthony Napules (M) m.d. CP                  20-9

130-Jason Tsirtsis (CP) p. Frankie Valdivia (M) 20-15

135-Dallas Schurg (CP) p. Xavier Ponce (M) 20-20

(Team point deducted from Vlink-Head Coach (CP))

140-Josh Flamme (CP) p. Eddie Deluna (M)  20-26

145-Eric Roach (CP) p. Javier Avalos (M) 20-32

152- Tom Renn (CP) d. Walter Barcenas (M) 20-35

160-Victor Nzeata (M) vs. Cope (CP)

171-Jeremy Wengel (M) vs. Langbehn (CP)

Well, let's just say with the well timed "movin-ins" (Halsted, Roach, Tsirtsis),  CP gained a nice team.  No greatness on Vlink's part. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then.  Without those studs, CP doesnt even get past Merrillville at Team Regionals last year.  A great coach like Maldonado builds em from the ground up.

lET ME GUESS napules and gARCIA came from da merryville school system ?

lET ME GUESS napules and gARCIA came from da merryville school system ?

Didn't Wesley English come from Illinois?  Then after he left Merr to go to CP he was not allowed to wrestle?  Merr has had some move ins over the years it seems.  Congrats to CP on the win tonight, sounds like a great dual.

How is Halsted a move in?? He's been in CP for many many years. As far as not getting past Merrillville at least year's team regionals...Halsted and Tsirtsis BOTH lost, the final score was 34-20. I guess groundhog doesn't know what he is talking about.

YEAH!!!  WHAT SHE SAID!!!!!!!

i was at the dual tonite and will be posting a recap tonite sometime.  the results aren't exactly as decbell1 posted them because merrillville did bump their lineup around a little bit from 130-152.. all in all a pretty good dual, though i think it could be a lot closer the next time.. and to answer your question it looked like roe was the assistant the entire match and golando was running the show. very heated conversation on vlink's part at 135 but golando kept his cool, i'll get into all that a little bit later.

They had 2 officials? Didn't know they hired 2 for a dual meet.Is that a Duneland rule? Did Mr Rowe just asst or did they alternate? 

I think it's a great idea for a high profile match.... that's why we do it in the championship pool at the Traicoff. They are both state finals officials, so it sounds like a good thing to do.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.