Mater Dei Holiday Classic

Guest Runt

hey jslsrhs607 apparently you were not at mater dei kief shook weddings hand and coaches got off the mat and threw his headgear down. franklin had a lot of bad calls made against them including him he had a takedown and was not awarded the points in third period which would of put him ahead in the match if you want to i am sure his dad will send you a video of the match and the end of the match also shaking weddings hand

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never before seen Franklin wrestlers lose composure like they did at this tourney.  A knee to the head of an opposing wrestler, thrown head gear by two wrestlers(one for a team point), and finally a wrestler disqualified for telling the ref he was a f---ing idiot, not once, not twice, but three times, costing his team all the points he had acumulated.  Someone needs to take control before this gets really out of hand.

I'm sure things will be taken care of.

Oh yes, and I know there were alot of fun exciting events happening throughout the past couple  days at Mater Dei High School, but my favorite one seeing a teammate win in the finals against an Avon Kid and looking up and seeing a couple Mater Dei fans ( a man in his 40's or so, and others) flipping him off. yep... you guys sure have great sportsmanship down there, I mean come on, he wasn't even wrestling a wildcat and u guys already had the tourney won... WOW, that's embarrassing

Been going to the Classic for nearly 10 years and never heard or seen of M Dei's fans act like this

Also, Kief was upset as he should have been.  Yeah he threw his headgear but it wasnt too bad

Sounds like sour grapes to me. Good luck winning matches when your too busy blaming the ref. I've always respected Franklin Co and still do their not on here whining about refs. Good luck to all the teams who wrestled in this years clasic and to all the arm chair refs and arm chair coaches get real is that really how you learned to wrestle? By blaming other people or by taking ownership of your actions and working hard? I think we all know the answer to that one.

im not crying about the refs and everybody saw it the MD fans know they shouldnt have won a couple of matches they won! and poptart125 is right! Our 135 pound champ Cole Van Horn after he wins his 1st holiday classic championship looked up to see a couple MD fans flipping him off thats real classy! and know your right refs dont win matches but they can take some matches away as they did! that was the worst officated tournament ive ever seen! I hope we see Md at Center Grove a dual meet would be a completly different story in my opinion!

Ervin Amazing at 103...  I seen him in Illinois as a 6th grader and he flat out dominated a tough tournament..  One of the best Ive seen around this area ,  along with Mark Hall and a handfull of Indiana kids.  Good luck at KY State Tournament.

Ervin Amazing at 103...  I seen him in Illinois as a 6th grader and he flat out dominated a tough tournament..  One of the best Ive seen around this area ,  along with Mark Hall and a handfull of Indiana kids.  Good luck at KY State Tournament.

does anyone know the score of Ervin vs. Vanhook and Hall????  Ervin is impressive. he did only beat Franklin's 103 something like 10-3 his closest match of the tourney

im not crying about the refs and everybody saw it the MD fans know they shouldnt have won a couple of matches they won! and poptart125 is right! Our 135 pound champ Cole Van Horn after he wins his 1st holiday classic championship looked up to see a couple MD fans flipping him off thats real classy! and know your right refs dont win matches but they can take some matches away as they did! that was the worst officated tournament ive ever seen! I hope we see Md at Center Grove a dual meet would be a completly different story in my opinion!

WHAAAAAA :'( :'( :'(

I can't comment on the MD fans but I did see Van Horn flip the MD crowd the bird not once but twice.   As for the officiating, there were some bad calls against MD too, like the 145 lb. final, the 125 lb. final the Franklin kid stalled the whole time.   The Bass kid stalled like crazy against Boots, you can't deny that and if you do then you obviously don't know wrestling.  

The one call that MD got that stood out was on mat 3 when the avon kid got called for stalling, maybe it was stalling but certainly not when it was called.

One thing I will say, Franklin has a great team and would match up well with MD, may beat them, may not, but i don't think they would dominate them as someone said.

At 130 the Union County kid got a reversal on a Mater Dei  kid it wasn't called they called time was up and the match ended he lost by 1point.This was clearly a reversal the kid siad nothing the coaches didn't complain also the Union County kid at 135 was accidently choked out then pinned when the score was 0-0 at.I think people should quit complaining if Union County isn't complaining after them calls everyone else should just let it go.

Another great tournament at Mater Dei. Some great wrestling on both days with some very interesting and competitive matches. Congrats to all the wrestlers.

Too bad it is all being taken out of context by a few poor representatives from a few schools. Mater Dei fans and some of the competitors need to tone down the immaturity just a bit. There were some questionable calls with the officiating, especially in favor of one team, but you will have that where ever you wrestle. Let it be decided on the mat to where it doesn't matter what calls are made.

In a perfrct world, there would be the mats, the fans, the wrestlers, and a score keeper.

You see we wouldn't need the ref because each match would be a clear cut and easily decided win for one and a loss for the other.  IS THAT WHY WE WRESTLE?

Nope...

I agree completely that a match should never be allowed to be placed in the hands of a ref.  But life indicates somethimes they are.  Fans can sometimes indicate a ref's call, as can the weather, an event in their personal life, or sunspots.

Wrestling is not now, nor ever has it been a sport based on FAIR.  Wrestling is LIFE 6 minutes at a time.  As many of us have learned LIFE sure isn't fair, so don't expect its greatest imitator to be perfect either...

I am just sayin'!

does anyone know the score of Ervin vs. Vanhook and Hall????   Ervin is impressive. he did only beat Franklin's 103 something like 10-3 his closest match of the tourney

He beat Nut 10-8

Not sure what the score was with him and Vanhook

In a perfrct world, there would be the mats, the fans, the wrestlers, and a score keeper.

You see we wouldn't need the ref because each match would be a clear cut and easily decided win for one and a loss for the other.   IS THAT WHY WE WRESTLE?

Nope...

I agree completely that a match should never be allowed to be placed in the hands of a ref.  But life indicates somethimes they are.  Fans can sometimes indicate a ref's call, as can the weather, an event in their personal life, or sunspots.

Wrestling is not now, nor ever has it been a sport based on FAIR.  Wrestling is LIFE 6 minutes at a time.  As many of us have learned LIFE sure isn't fair, so don't expect its greatest imitator to be perfect either...

I am just sayin'!

Wow Blue bolt, you took the workds right out of my mouth. Through most of this thread I've been comenting via Iphone and havn't really been able to type very fast or very long  and couldn't quite get all my thoughts down but that really hit the nail on the head! I don't always agree with you on your points but I guess it wouldnt be very intresting on here if we all agreed.

Now it still sounds like sour grapes to me over all it sounds like you guys are just whizzed off that you couldn't knock off MD. Well I say this if it makes tyou that mad go down to your wrestling room from wich you came and start practicing with those guys still in school work em' hard , beat them into the mat and make em' better otherwise sitting on here arguing about it won't change much.

AHawkeye

Who are you!

The last of the Mohekans of corse!

I don't think everybody is wizzed off about getting beat by md. They were just stating the officiating was awful and if you were not there you should not be making any comments about the tournament. Some of the kids that matches taken away do work their butts off in practice and will continue to do so. Nothing can be changed the tournament is over but hopefully it will all comeout when the state series starts. It is time to let it go and hit the wrestling room! 

I have never before seen Franklin wrestlers lose composure like they did at this tourney.  A knee to the head of an opposing wrestler, thrown head gear by two wrestlers(one for a team point), and finally a wrestler disqualified for telling the ref he was a f---ing idiot, not once, not twice, but three times, costing his team all the points he had acumulated.  Someone needs to take control before this gets really out of hand.

Let's not take this out of context. First of all, that is not at all what the Franklin wrestler said to the official. Yes, he made some inappropriate comments and cost himself a disqualification penalty, but let's not embelish the scenario and make it worse  than it was. Coach Chris Lynch and two assistants were matside and handled the entire situation promptly and professionally, and coach Bob Hasseman later aplogized for his wrestler's comments, and the young man also apologized directly to the official.

Additionally, perhaps two Franklin wrestlers did indeed throw their headgear, and one other was penalized for unnecessary roughness with a knee, but there were several other wrestlers on the day that also threw their headgear and/or were penalized for various things... this was not something that was isolated to  Franklin wrestlers. These are young men in a tough sport, and sometimes they make mistakes.

Having been around wrestling for over 30 years I have had numerous opportunities to interact with Coach Hasseman, coach Lynch and Franklin wrestling, and they wrestle hard, aggressive, and by the rules. Like any other school  they may have an incident in which a young man loses his cool, but you can rest assured that it will be handled appropriately by the coaching staff. My kids could wrestle for Franklin Community any time, and I'd be proud to have them there.  :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.