All Decade Team 285lbs

Y2CJ41

Many people seem to forget about Wagner.  He placed 3rd at Senior Nationals, only losing to Steve Mocco.  Mocco pinned everyone in the tournament except Wagner.  Mocco was probably the best high school heavyweight ever.  Also, Wagner placed 5th at Junior Nationals in freestyle.  On top of that he was All-State in football and in track.

I picked Larimore, partly based on his 2, 2, 1 finishes over his last 3 years.  His winning Senior Nationals was very impressive as well.  But I do agree that Wagner's 3rd place finish was equal to a championship at Senior Nationals, since he only lost to Mocco by a decision, since Mocco is the best  HS HWT ever.  This was one of the tougher weights for the top 2 guys to distinguish themselves from each other.  Wagner went on to have a great College career as a wrestler, but I'm not sure that should factor in.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.