Sarah Hildebrandt from Penn High School

crosstownrivals

I would like to congratulate Miss Hildebrandt on a great weekend in Northern Indiana. Being a former Penn grad I was surprised and shocked when I found out three years ago that my ALMA Mater had a female wrestler on it's team. But watching her over the past years has made me realize that she does belong in this sport and she has made an impact all over the state of Indiana as well as the rest of the country. I have spoke to coach Harper over the years and he has told me that she is the hardest worker in his room, and everyone respects her. I knew she has had some great wins in the womens realm of wrestling throughout the country but for her to win a highly respected tournament in the Charger Invite is a great acomplishment not only for her but for her coaches and family. Keep up the hard work Miss Hildebrandt and take it to the Caveman on Thursday.

I just wanted to say that after watching and talking to Sara at Fargo, not only is she a good person and well coached wrestler, she is also open to any advice and instruction that someone else might give her. This is a quality that most teenagers do not have.  Hope the best for her and her family in the future.

congrats sara you must be well schooled to be out muscled and still beat every guy in your weight class. Also good luck to the Penn program you guys are looking sharp on the mat.

If you haven't heard of her before you will get to see her very soon.  She is going to make a lot of noise in Indiana wrestling.  I was fortunate enough to witness her first season of wrestling.  Even when she was brand new she always made an impression on the people in our area.  She has always been all business and she is very shy about her inherent celebrity.  Win or lose she has always gotten a lot of attention.  Every match win, or lose, she clearly improved.  She's never demonstrated even the slightest bit of frustration, or any lack of fight!  I was there when she got her first win.  After every match she gives the same response to her 'fans' (yes, she really does have fans).  Everyone gets the same awkward smile and a soft spoken thanks.  I don't know her family personaly, but I have seen her mother at every match supporting her.  She has had some of the best coaches I have ever worked with in her corner.  She is the best example I have seen of what women's wrestling COULD become if we gave it the support it deserves.

This young lady is what women's wrestling needs!  She honestly should be the ambassador for Indiana wrestling.  Maybe she can start by introducing herself to Grecoref... 

Go get 'em Sarah!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.