Merrillville v. Yorktown?

RegionRage

I heard something that Yorktown is at the Tom Cameron this year at Merrillville, anyone got any info on that? If so, then there looks to be a couple good matchups.

103- #1 Stevens v. #16 Bevans

125- #6 Napules v. #3 Bevans

130- Valdivia v. #8 Jackson

171- #15 Wengel v. #14 Castner

285- #1 Travis v. #3 Janney (A rematch from Friday Night last year I believe)

What are your thoughts on this if this match actually does happen?

Coach Maldonado runs a good dual tournament with some quality teams.  Now with Yorktown, it makes the day of competition that much better. Keep up the good work David, maybe you  can go to a 16 team and use the same format as Calumet.

Boone Grove, Chesterton, Harrison, KankakeeValley, Northwood, Merrillville,  S.B. Clay, , Wawasee, and W. Lafayette and Yorktown

Brackets- Bracket I- Boone Grove, Kankakee Valley, Northwood, Merrillville, and W. Lafayette

Bracket II- Chesterton, Harrison, S.B. Clay, Wawasee, and Yorktown

Round I Merrillville vs Kankakee Valley

Northwood vs W. Lafayette

Yorktown vs Harrison

Chesterton vs S.B. Clay

10 minutes between each round

Round II Northwood vs Merrillville

Boone Grove vs Kankakee Valley

Harrison vs Chesterton

Wawasee vs Yorktown

Round III W. Lafayette vs Kankakee Valley

Merrillville vs Boone Grove

Harrison vs S.B. Clay

Chesterton vs Wawasee

30 minute lunch break, will begin wrestling 30 minutes after last round

Round IV Merrillville vs W. Lafayette

Boone Grove vs Northwood

Yorktown vs S.B. Clay

Harrison vs Wawasee

Round V W. Lafayette vs Boone Grove

Kankakee Valley vs Northwood

Yorktown vs Chesterton

S.B. Clay vs Wawasee

Round VI 1st vs 1st

2nd vs 2nd

3rd vs 3rd

4th vs 4th

5th vs 5th

8:30 cst Start

Anyone notice the nice "balance" of teams in the two brackets? LOL

Merrillville should be well rested for the finals.

Also glad to get to meet up with Coach McCormick first round.  I don't get to see the "old" Wabash alumns too often!

maybe the coach isnt worried bout losing during the season and wanted to get some of the younger wrestlers mat time. everyone makes sectionals so record during the season doesnt matter. id wouldve wanted to see how they match up against mville but Clay wrestled good and the coach from yorktown has to be trying something never know tho

If i had to guess, It might be that they were beating everyone by a large margin and Clay was winning at the very end. I know for sure that the heavy weight was not there usual. Also there 152 lber pinned himself and the 145lber was down 2-0 and rolled and got pinned with 8 seconds left. again great job Clay for wrestling the whole 6 minutes.

Not to take anything away from Clay but Yorktown did wrestle some JV.  Clay wrestled really good on some of the matches I was able to watch they out hustled and kept wrestling the full 6 minutes. Congratulations Clay!!!

i heard from a source that after the hevyweight got stuck the 52lber was destroying the clay kid and pinned himself

which cost them the dual because they were only down like 9. I've always been taught that you wrestle everyone the

same wether its the #1 ranked team or the worst idk what yorktown was thinking maybe they didnt wanna wrestle merrillville

I wouldn't say destroying, he was in control had his legs in. I think he was trying to crossface for some cheap back points. Correct me if I'm wrong but the score was 2-0 at the time. I seemed like the Clay kid knew exactly were he was and  was trying for the pin

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.