Yorktown

mockdad79

Some very good individual matches:

112 Gonzales (Delta) dec. Randle (HN)  5-1   

145 Hiestand (Y) dec. Schendel (Gar)  3-0

171 McCray (Gar) dec. Castner (Y)  10-4

Overall, a very good day of wrestling.

Brock Bevans (103), Derek Bevans (125), Devon Jackson (135) and Ross Janney (heavyweight) all finished with perfect 5-0 records. Five other Tigers finished undefeated -- Jake Anderson (4-0 at 119), Andrew Hiestand (3-0 at three different weight classes), Cody Harper (4-0 at 145), Caleb Smith (4-0 at 152) and Austin Dent (2-0 at 160). Delta was 0-5 in the tournament.

The Eagles' Steven Gonzales (112) posted a 5-0 record.

Theses are the results in the Star Press today. For yorktown and delta

Congrats Yorktown on a great day.

Andrew wrestled 2 matches at 145 and 1 match at 140.

Don't believe everything you read in the Muncie Star Press these days AGoul149.  Unless it involves something round that goes through a hoop, they will misspell it, misreport it and in general, not care about it.  The Star Press was bought out in recent years by Gannett (national company).  There seems to be a revolving door of sports reporters in Muncie.  I miss the days when we had reporters at the StarPress who understood the sport of wrestling and could write a good article about our sport.  I thank those reporters across our state who do indeed understand and cover our sport properly.

Coach McCormick

Don't believe everything you read in the Muncie Star Press these days AGoul149.  Unless it involves something round that goes through a hoop, they will misspell it, misreport it and in general, not care about it.  The Star Press was bought out in recent years by Gannett (national company).  There seems to be a revolving door of sports reporters in Muncie.  I miss the days when we had reporters at the StarPress who understood the sport of wrestling and could write a good article about our sport.  I thank those reporters across our state who do indeed understand and cover our sport properly.

Coach McCormick

Sad, but very TRUE!!!!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.