Who is the Northwest Indiana power school this year?

EasyRider

Although Crown Point has several excellent individuals thier team will not be able to handle Merrillville. I see them on a level with Munster and Portage.  These four teams should be able to supply us with some excellent matches to get us through the winter.  When does C.P. wrestle Merrillville?

Although Crown Point has several excellent individuals thier team will not be able to handle Merrillville. I see them on a level with Munster and Portage.  These four teams should be able to supply us with some excellent matches to get us through the winter.  When does C.P. wrestle Merrillville?

Does anyone know what the lineups are for those teams?

Crown Point at Merrillville, Wednesday Jan 6, 2010 6:30PM CST

Crown Point at Portage Duals, Saturday, Jan 9, 2010 10:00AM CST

Although CP is not scheduled to wrestle Munster, they could face them at the Calumet Traicoff on Saturday, Dec 12, 2009, if the pairings so warranted.

Lake Central does have a pretty decent line-up, but they didn't do too well at the Harrison War on the Wabash.  If a certain 103 lber can't make weight, who knows what kind of season they're guaranteed ?  The fact that they have some ranked wrestlers at 125 and 215 in addition to 103 helps, but the other weights are definitely not guaranteeing them any team wins against a good portion of the teams in the DAC, let alone the entire region itself.

Lake Central does have a pretty decent line-up, but they didn't do too well at the Harrison War on the Wabash.  If a certain 103 lber can't make weight, who knows what kind of season they're guaranteed ?  The fact that they have some ranked wrestlers at 125 and 215 in addition to 103 helps, but the other weights are definitely not guaranteeing them any team wins against a good portion of the teams in the DAC, let alone the entire region itself.

Too much turkey and sweet potaoes

Kids at that age go through their growth spurts at almost any time, its just a normal thing that happens.  He should do just fine at a higher weight and he'll enjoy his season much better!

Honestly, I don't think they'll be moving him up.  They're pretty strong at their lighter weights.  He's not the only one having trouble keeping at 103.  He's only a sophomore, and he's having trouble at this weight.  Picture Stevens from Mville, he's been at 3 his whole career, and it's not exactly the easiest thing.  I do give the both of them a lot of credit, but the fact that a couple of wrestlers are blaming the excess weight on the Thanksgiving meal is not an acceptable reason at all.  If the hundreds of other wrestlers can do it, why can't the ones that are supposed to be leading the state ?

Honestly, I don't think they'll be moving him up.  They're pretty strong at their lighter weights.  He's not the only one having trouble keeping at 103.  He's only a sophomore, and he's having trouble at this weight.  Picture Stevens from Mville, he's been at 3 his whole career, and it's not exactly the easiest thing.  I do give the both of them a lot of credit, but the fact that a couple of wrestlers are blaming the excess weight on the Thanksgiving meal is not an acceptable reason at all.  If the hundreds of other wrestlers can do it, why can't the ones that are supposed to be leading the state ?

Im thinkin the "thanksgiving meal" reasoning is just some characters on the board having a little fun...More than likely the kid is just growing and the weight he wrestles will be decided by that...You cant compare him to stevens, or any other kid for that matter because all kids are different and mature at different rates.. Thats great for stevens that he can stay at 103.. Im sure he will do well....Lets not rip on other kids for having a little more trouble doing so  ::) 

Im thinkin the "thanksgiving meal" reasoning is just some characters on the board having a little fun...More than likely the kid is just growing and the weight he wrestles will be decided by that...You cant compare him to stevens, or any other kid for that matter because all kids are different and mature at different rates.. Thats great for stevens that he can stay at 103.. Im sure he will do well....Lets not rip on other kids for having a little more trouble doing so  ::) 

Oh I'm not trying to rip on the kids having a little more trouble; I have been around boys who spend hours before tournaments running off last minute meals, and that's determination.  But then you see mediocre wrestlers stuffing their faces the night before, wondering why they're 4 lbs over.  I know this isn't the case with Ayersman or Stevens, I'm just saying not everyone is having a tough time, they just can't see the huge difference between McD's and Subway.  ::)

yah, they lost a lot of close matches without their best wrestler and a heavyweight who gained 30lbs. in muscle and made semi-state last year at 190lbs. wrestling heavy weight. that's a possible 24 point swing. they lost a lot of matches by less than that, about 18 or 20 per loss. they might have went 9-0 if they had a full line up.

yah, they lost a lot of close matches without their best wrestler and a heavyweight who gained 30lbs. in muscle and made semi-state last year at 190lbs. wrestling heavy weight. that's a possible 24 point swing. they lost a lot of matches by less than that, about 18 or 20 per loss. they might have went 9-0 if they had a full line up.

Do you know what happened with their heavyweight ?  And actually I recently found out that Ayersman is bumping up to 112.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.