Twin Lakes Sectional Rankings/Results Final Updated

Bomber

too bad this kid didnt wrestle in middle school and only has 2 yrs experience, with his strength and athletic ability he could have been a very dominant wrestler.. but 2 yrs is just not enough time 2 develop the skills and technique you need to be a state contender.  strength only gos so far on the mat.. .

Very true. Some of my wrestlers are learning that coming from Middle School to High School!

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually this is Ben Ahler's first year.  He came out his freshman year and broke his leg 3 days into the year.  He didn't come out last year but his brother Jacob came out for his senior year.  Ben is a strong individual and once he is taught some moves I think he will do well for the Bombers.  This past weekend was Ben's first match ever and he had only been involved with wrestling for 6 days.  Ben will be a great asset to the team!

Actually this is Ben Ahler's first year.  He came out his freshman year and broke his leg 3 days into the year.  He didn't come out last year but his brother Jacob came out for his senior year.  Ben is a strong individual and once he is taught some moves I think he will do well for the Bombers.  This past weekend was Ben's first match ever and he had only been involved with wrestling for 6 days.  Ben will be a great asset to the team!

All right. Sorry Coach. I looked back to last years book and spotted the last name. Didn't think to check first name. He is a tough kid. Best of luck to your team the rest of the year. I will give you that call sometime this evening.

Coach,

I'd give the 19lber from Win some credit. I'd easily fill him in the 3rd place slot right now if you are looking for someone. I believe his name is Fritz.

Coach:  Will do!  Thanks

welll cameron has more sectioanl oppents this weekend.

Nothing really matters until the day of. Rankings are just fun, but much appreciated by Bomber. I know we had a senior last year who had beated the field (with the exception of 2 b/c we do not wrestle them) during the season, and ended up placing 5th at Sectionals!

Cameron (WC) over Green (REN) 6-4 in OT, believe Green was undefeated

Actually Green of RC wasn't undefeated he was 9-2 going into this past weekend and finished this weekend 3-2.  He did lose 2 tough matches this weekend and understands he needs to work harder.  The match verse Cameron went into overtime and Green had a nice takedown it looked like but got off balance and gave up the takedown.  Both guys were pretty winded and looked very sloppy.  These two will need to be in better condition if they are going to battle for a sectional championship.  

Bomber,

Just wanted to let ya know that the Pharos-Tribune out of Logan had Andrew Tocc0 at 103 and 4-0, Preston at 112 and 4-0, and it also had Contreras at 130, and Espinoza at 140. Again, these may change, but just wanted to give you an update on weights as I read it in the paper.

No results to add coach, but I think you could easily add Christensen from Logan in at 171 (7-2). He will more than likely meet Winkle in the Quarters on Saturday. Also, I believe Logan Baldini from Logan has to be in there at 125, I believe they said he beat Hartley from Wi, and that is how he got the one seed with a 6-2 record. Just a lil' more insight, since I can imagine how tough it is.

I heard tonight that Johnson Pioneer beat Rehn of West Central 5-4.  Johnson takedown and 3 nearfall  and Rehn with 2 reversals.

Pioneer wins the Dual 53-23?

great match right there! i think he kinda gave up on himself half way threw but a win is a win i guess. pioneer is on there way to sectional champs coach

Bomber,

Here are the sectional kids that wrestled this weekend and winners...

103-

Hickman RC pin Tocco L

112-

Preston L pin Winsor Wi (Looked very solid all day in my opinion! Wow!)

Reed LC pin Windsor Wi

Preston L 1st

Reed LC 6th

Kaufman RC 8th

Others did not place

119-

Douglass TL pin Preston L

Johns RC pin Preston L

Douglass TL pin Fritz Wi

Douglass TL 3rd

Fritz Wi 4th

125-

Baldini L dec Ringen RC

Baldini L dec Hartley Wi

Baldini 1st

Hartley 2nd

Ringen 3rd

130-

Contreras L dec Martin RC

Contreras L dec Chapman Wi

Contreras 2nd

Chapman 4th

Martin 6th

135-

Hardesty TL tech Martinez L

Martinez L dec Hardesty TL

Martinez 5th

Hardesty 6th

140-

Pomasl L dec Zimdahl TL

Chapman 3rd

145-

Sigman TL dec Northcutt RC

Moorman LC dec Nortcutt RC

Sigman 4th

Moorman 6th

Northcutt 7th

152-

No matches

Gonzalez 8th

160-

Worden LC pin Hoover Wi

Worden LC pin Zellers RC

Worden 1st

Zellers 4th

Hoover 6th

171-

Winkle TL dec Christensen L

Christensen L dec Dobson RC

Lane LC dec Christensen L

189-

Berrum Wi pin Cardwell TL

McQuiston L dec Tow RC

McQuiston L 3rd

Tow RC 4th

Berrum Wi 6th

215-

No matches

Schultheiss TL 2nd

Tolson Wi 5th

285-

Dix Wi pin Clark L

Clark L pin McElroy RC

Dix 2nd

Halsema 4th

Clark 5th

McElroy 8th

Hope this helps. Appreciate what you do!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.