Individual Rankings are RELEASED!!!!!!!!

Y2CJ41

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first set of rankings are always based off of the year before weights.  Give it to or three weeks and they will start coming together

If most kids cut weight properly (according their the % rule) I would say it may be closer the first of the year before we know where many of these kids will end up as their final weight class.

Most weight class rankings went strictly by state finals performance.  Why is Barlow ahead of Richey at 130?  I think Barlow beat Richey at regionals, but then Richey won semi-state with Barlow finishing 4th (Richey beat both guys that beat Barlow) and Richey placed at state while Barlow did not. 

There are other classes that could have adjustments based on one guy beating another in one match earlier in the season...why was this the only obvious such adjustment made?  I don't know either guy; just an observation.

my primary reasons for barlow being ahead of richey, (and norton for that matter) was that barlow had wins during the season over nearly everyone.  he beat 3x champ josh harper, beat richey, and the only reason that he did not get a medal at state was because he lost to d'marcus spencer on friday night in an overtime barn burner.  spencer went on to beat harper in the semi-finals and finish as the runner up.

this is travis thatcher. for one i am a junior, you guys have me as a senior. for two i should be ranked higher than i am ranked right now, because i beat andre richards of perry meridian two times last year, he didnt beat me once. and for three i was a state qualifier last year i lost to andy dalton on friday, dalton ended up getting fourth.

my mistake totally.  it will be corrected with the next update.  the IHSAA brackets from last year had travis thatcher listed as a senior, which is why in my database he did not show up as having any state experience because i thought he had graduated.  it is now fixed.  good luck this season

this is travis thatcher. for one i am a junior, you guys have me as a senior. for two i should be ranked higher than i am ranked right now, because i beat andre richards of perry meridian two times last year, he didnt beat me once. and for three i was a state qualifier last year i lost to andy dalton on friday, dalton ended up getting fourth.

Rankings are just a number.. The real rankings come out of Conseco in February!

Rankings are just a number.. The real rankings come out of Conseco in February!

I COULDN'T HAVE SAID IT BETTER MYSELF, LET YOUR PERFORMANCE ON THA MAT DO THA TALKING. GOOD LUCK 2 ALL WRESTLERS THIS YEAR!

THE 3 D'S TO SUCCESS.

DISCIPLINE.

DESIRE.

DEDICATION.

dude quit crying about your ranking when htere has yet to be a meet even

I'll be at 160!   :P

is that all?  i figured we would see you at 189 at the lightest.

Haha, I get that alot.  I keep growing, but I've worked out more this summer than I ever have and I'm better than ever!  I'm definately not going to be cutting any weight too!  I only grew about 10 pounds this year!

my primary reasons for barlow being ahead of richey, (and norton for that matter) was that barlow had wins during the season over nearly everyone.  he beat 3x champ josh harper, beat richey, and the only reason that he did not get a medal at state was because he lost to d'marcus spencer on friday night in an overtime barn burner.  spencer went on to beat harper in the semi-finals and finish as the runner up.

I can understand that logic, but Barlow didn't place at state for two reasons: 1) the aforementioned loss to spencer and 2) he lost two matches at semistate to guys that Richey beat and thus had to face Spencer first.  Richey placed because he wrestled well at semistate, then won his deserved easier first round match.  Barlow had great wins and ho-hum losses last year.  I understand why he's a difficult one to rank. 

I would add that the step up in quality of a particular wrestler is typically greatest between his 9th and 10th grade seasons...with slightly diminishing improvements in the final two off-seasons...another reason I may have leaned toward Richey at the start.

Anyway, I was just surprised since you pretty much went by the results of the last two weeks of the season everywhere else.  I'm just nitpicking.  Thanks for all your work on the rankings!

not to be a fatty cat but... ALOT of kids will not be wrestling at the weight they are ranked at.

Thank you for the insightful post.  I look forward to many more throughout the season.  

ouch

why are we all getting so touchy.  The guy just made a point that kids aren't wrestling in the same weight classes.  He might not know that right now they are based on last years standings, because we don't know where they are all going to be.  Tabbcam, its alright man, those things will get worked out after the first week or two of the season.  Once Y2 and RankingGuy see where the wrestlers actually are this year, they will be ranked in the proper weight classes.

I can understand that logic, but Barlow didn't place at state for two reasons: 1) the aforementioned loss to spencer and 2) he lost two matches at semistate to guys that Richey beat and thus had to face Spencer first.  Richey placed because he wrestled well at semistate, then won his deserved easier first round match.  Barlow had great wins and ho-hum losses last year.  I understand why he's a difficult one to rank. 

I would add that the step up in quality of a particular wrestler is typically greatest between his 9th and 10th grade seasons...with slightly diminishing improvements in the final two off-seasons...another reason I may have leaned toward Richey at the start.

Anyway, I was just surprised since you pretty much went by the results of the last two weeks of the season everywhere else.  I'm just nitpicking.  Thanks for all your work on the rankings!

I watched the Barlow Richey match at regionals last year and it could have went either way.  Barlow had more quality wins all year.  I agree with the rankings guy on this one but Richey is going 152-160 anyways

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.