New Castle semi state rankings

Thornton

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At 189 Ian Early From Greenfield-Central is a Sophomore and i dont think that Nichols from pendleton heights wrestles anymore.

Early is a junior.Top four at 189 is Jones from Warren hands down the favorite for 189, I think Sliga could give Jones a great match with his size and quickness, along with his wrestling knowledge. Richards only two losses to date is from Jones, and I think the forth best in the semi state at this weight class is either Early or LC's Enghauser.

Richard Brown and Mark Brown both are from East Central.Mark has a shot of going to state this year at 171 and he is in the 11th grade.Marks record so far is 11-1.Richard is a freshman at 215.His record is 9-3 and that is including his heavyweight matches.I think that he can make it to State this year.So i think Mark will finish 2nd at 171 unless he goes to 160 and i think Richard will place 3rd or 4th.

I believe Mark Browns best chance of going to state is at 160... I think he can win regionals at 160... Regionals at 171 will be tougher with Duckworth and Flannery. 160 just has harrel which I think will be a good match between Harrel and Brown. That's just my opinion though. good luck to brown either weight class he goes.

Great, My bad!! Pretty good soph.

I will have to agree with that. 20-3 as a sophomore with two losses to duck and one to sliga. had a good tourny at Connersville. If Duck goes down to 171 it will probably go something like this. Jones, Sliga, Richards, Early at semi state. Too bad Jones, Richards and Early come from the same regional though. Its going to be fun to watch.

I will have to agree with that. 20-3 as a sophomore with two losses to duck and one to sliga. had a good tourny at Connersville. If Duck goes down to 171 it will probably go something like this. Jones, Sliga, Richards, Early at semi state. Too bad Jones, Richards and Early come from the same regional though. Its going to be fun to watch.

I have to agree it will be fun to watch.3 really good underclassmen

• 2 weeks later...

I would keep a eye out for Mark Brown 160 and Richard Brown 215 they both are from East Central.i can see them both going to state.

Saw both Browns this weekend, they are decent wrestlers and may get to semi-state, but state will be a reach.  East Centrals 103 pounder looked good too.

160 is stacked with  Jennings, Willis, Brooks, and Hankerson.

at 215 Richard has a shot, but would have to have a great day and beat  Buchanon, Smitherman, Bultmeier, Cooper, or Arthur Wright from Arsenal Tech in the ticket round, all tough match ups.

I say Sliga wins the Semi-State wth Jones #2 Richards #3 Early #4 Great croup of under classmen

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.