Fort Wayne Semi-State Rankings **2/6**

Y2CJ41

Couple of Memorial kids to consider:

Kevin Kelly at 125.. Down from 130 last year.. Lost to Thorton of Chesterton 5-4..

Alberto Rios at 140.. Spkit with Ntende last year..

Thor Olsen at 145 5-0.. Beat Smith of Munster and Dale from McCutheon

Carson Sappington 5-0.. at 189

Luke Waterman at 285 6-0...

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris Hogendobler from Concord Pinned Carmel Salinas from Memorial and Pinned Alex Cash from Elkhart Central (not ranked ??). He also beat Mike Hummer from Penn, he went 5-0 at the Charger Invitational and got 152lb Champ. Not one point was scored on him, only point of the day was a stalling call in the Hummer match.

Just some things I've notices so far in this young season.  Hostetler from fairfield IS the man, no doubt, he and the rest if his team have at least clinched a share of the conference title and should have that all to themselves soon, they could have several kids make noise down the road.  Hostetler beat Schrock 13-0 two weeks ago.  Heard Schrock had to cut a lot to get to 171 and is struggling with strength issues right now as he has a handful of losses on the year so far, I believe.  Hopefully he gets it figured out cuz he definetly CAN make some noise.  Also Bateman is 145 right now and is cleaning house, has only gone to the third period once this year.  But he does appear to almost always be the smaller guy so I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up at 140 later.  Smith at lakeland is in the same boat, waxing everybody and also appears smaller so not sure if he and schrock would eventually switch or not.  One side note on a heavyweight, Zimmerly from westview looks stronger and is undefeated in what is a pretty weak field of HW's, but someone to keep your eye on for sure.

GO NECC

Just some things I've notices so far in this young season.  Hostetler from fairfield IS the man, no doubt, he and the rest if his team have at least clinched a share of the conference title and should have that all to themselves soon, they could have several kids make noise down the road.  Hostetler beat Schrock 13-0 two weeks ago.  Heard Schrock had to cut a lot to get to 171 and is struggling with strength issues right now as he has a handful of losses on the year so far, I believe.  Hopefully he gets it figured out cuz he definetly CAN make some noise.  Also Bateman is 145 right now and is cleaning house, has only gone to the third period once this year.  But he does appear to almost always be the smaller guy so I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up at 140 later.  Smith at lakeland is in the same boat, waxing everybody and also appears smaller so not sure if he and schrock would eventually switch or not.  One side note on a heavyweight, Zimmerly from westview looks stronger and is undefeated in what is a pretty weak field of HW's, but someone to keep your eye on for sure.

GO NECC

Zimmerly has been beaten by Forrest of Jimtown...

Sorry Jimtown, what I meant was that the NECC is weak this year at Hw, so Zimmerly may be worth a top eight semi-state nomination once we move farther along.  What happened in the jimtown match, points.....pin?

Nick Duke should be top 2 in the 152 rankings. I got to see him wrestle for the first time this year over the weekend, and he is a stud. He is 13-1 with 12 pins and only lost by a decision to Robinson from Hamilton Southeastern who is ranked 10 at 145. I've seen LaRowe, Timmerman, and Sparks wrestle before, and he will beat those three. Also, Elkhart Memorial has 2 guys ranked at 152.

Still needs to prove he is a stud.  I've seen him wrestle this year, but it wasn't against strong competition. Yeah he looked dominant in those matches, but it still doesn't say much.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.