Fort Wayne Semi-State Rankings **2/6**

Y2CJ41

Sorry Jimtown, what I meant was that the NECC is weak this year at Hw, so Zimmerly may be worth a top eight semi-state nomination once we move farther along.  What happened in the jimtown match, points.....pin?

It was a close decision, 2-0 maybe.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, an upset for sure....Rupright over Bateman.  I bet you won't see Bateman at 152 again.  Rupright is a tough kid though and can hold his own......wonder why the step up in weight for Bateman.  Word is that West Noble is forfeiting 3 to 4 spots, so maybe he did it just to get a match???  Did Marsh wrestle last night?  Semi-State qualifier that only has a few matches under his belt so far.  I'm guessing some weight issues and potentially a little protection going on.  Possibly staying away from Barroquillo and Wilms??  Hopefully he's in for Westview tomorrow.....I'd like to see the strongest field possible.

Bateman lost today as well at 145 in Westview Invite finals against Tanner Bowman of Dekalb I think 3-2.

Marsh did not wrestle.  Not sure why.  Cedric Morrison from Harding won impressively pinning a seasoned Greg Sexton from Dekalb at 125.  Adam Schrock and Chris Smith won easily for Lakeland by pin at 171 and 189 respectively.

Nico Hensely from Angola won at 103.  Mix from Dekalb won at 112.   Can't remember 119.  130 was won by Tommy Poynter of Dekalb.  135 easily by Pin Doug Rush of West Noble.  140 Travis Gaff by easy pin.  Gaff is for real and ought to be in one of those blank spots for 140 in these rankings.  152 was won by Aaron Mason of Dekalb guy in a controlled match over Rupright of WN.    160 I forget.  215  I forget.  285 won by Abe someone of Bremen over Zimmerly of Westview.

Thanks busstogate for the rundown.  I really want to strangle Gaff :).  He's a good kid and an excellent wrestler, but can be hot and cold.  Hopefully he has his weight under control and if he does he will definitely be a contender for a spot at Conseco.  He lost a couple times early in the season, which is why he isn't ranked right now.

Hopefully, he reads this and realizes he has the potential to reach the state finals.

I was wondering about his size since seeing him at your clinic two years ago.  He has looked beefier in the past.  I figued by now he would be around 152 at least with how his frame has shown.  However, I think his team has to be considered a front runner for the Westview sectional team title, even over PH.  They have too much talent across the board.

Yes I agree dekalb looked solid and must be the favorite for the sectional. I am not sure if you all are kidding about gaff being a serious contender at conseco. 140 was extremely weak today. The kid he wrestled in the finals was barely over .500. Hensley from angola is the real deal and I think he has to be considered for a spot at 103 considering hamm is 2nd. Weimer from west noble looks to be a solid wrestler at times. Very inconsitant but above average for a freshman.19 and 25 wasn't acheived well by the necc. Marsh didn't wrestle today once again, but was present at the tourney. Heard a few different things about why he is out, and I am not sure what's going on. Hope to hear soon because after the year he had last year, this year is a waste on his behalf. Rush at 135 looked dominant and should be considered to make some noise. Rimmel from central noble once again dominated the field pinning his was to 1st place. Shrock and smith from lakeland looked good and definetely are going to make some noise.

Sorry, cougar, I had a brain fart on Rimmel.  he was very solid and patient.  Glad to see your whole crew reassembled as well  They bring back fond memories of good wrestling.

Yes I agree dekalb looked solid and must be the favorite for the sectional. I am not sure if you all are kidding about gaff being a serious contender at conseco. 140 was extremely weak today. The kid he wrestled in the finals was barely over .500. Hensley from angola is the real deal and I think he has to be considered for a spot at 103 considering hamm is 2nd. Weimer from west noble looks to be a solid wrestler at times. Very inconsitant but above average for a freshman.19 and 25 wasn't acheived well by the necc. Marsh didn't wrestle today once again, but was present at the tourney. Heard a few different things about why he is out, and I am not sure what's going on. Hope to hear soon because after the year he had last year, this year is a waste on his behalf. Rush at 135 looked dominant and should be considered to make some noise. Rimmel from central noble once again dominated the field pinning his was to 1st place. Shrock and smith from lakeland looked good and definetely are going to make some noise.

Gaff has the tools to be successful, I have seen them first hand. Its a matter of him clicking at the right time and believing in his abilities.  Many of the best kids in the semi-state I have seen first hand, not only in competition, but in the practice room and know which ones are for real and which ones are not.  Gaff is talented enough to make it to Conseco, especially at 140, where there is no clear cut favorite in the semi-state.

As far as the others, Hamm right now is better than Hensley.   Who has Rimmel beaten, I know he hasn' t lost, but CN does not wrestle the toughest schedule and wrestling Angola, West Noble, Westview, and Eastside 6 times a season doesn't prepare you much for the post season when it counts.  

We may not have the toughest schedule but we do the best with what we have. Coach does a great job preparing our wrestlers for the season. I'm not saying that rimmel should be in the top 8 but just giving a suggestion that a kid who is undefeated with nearly all pins should be considered!?

Dekalb was absolutely the class of the field at Westview saturday.  I believe they had 9 kids in the finals in what was a very disappointing turnout this year with only 8 teams.  This used to be 12 and 13 strong with solid competition, but this year I think there were only 3 teams that fielded all of the roster spots.  Never the less, most of the sectional teams they will face were there except for Heights and EN.  so kudos to Dekalb, they did it quietly too.  Not a lot of cockiness and fanfare,  just business as usual.  Classy groug of young men.  Definetly the favorite for the sectional crown now.

No, his only lost to a wrestler on the FW semi-state at 215 was a match he got a concussion in and defaulted. A loss is a loss, I understand that,  but Darryn has beaten Green 4 times handily, pinned Reich, and handled Thatcher last year at semi-state. He is better than 4th ranked at this semi-state.

Then let him prove that when the time comes. If he is better than 4th, he'll show it at semi state.

No, his only lost to a wrestler on the FW semi-state at 215 was a match he got a concussion in and defaulted. A loss is a loss, I understand that,  but Darryn has beaten Green 4 times handily, pinned Reich, and handled Thatcher last year at semi-state. He is better than 4th ranked at this semi-state.

What year is it?  I forgot, are we still living in the 2009 season?  He lost to someone at a lower weight that is probably 4-6 in his weight and you want him to be #1?  You are delusional.

Darryn Scott's losses have only come from state ranked kids. T. Scott at 189, Mills and Vice at 215. Now if any of those three are 4-6 you can call me delusional too. And the only reason he has the losses at 215 is becauses his coaches bumped him up to face the tougher kid. S0 ranking him at 215 really doesn't matter because you will not probably see him there for the rest of the year.  So now give the kid the credit he deserves in the correct weight class, or leave him off the rankings all together. Because He has already proven himself at 189.

It looks to me like he is getting the credit that he deserves by being included in the rankings......If he is truely the best, then he will get his opportunity to prove it in the state tournament.

Maybe my point wasn"t clear enough. Stating that one of his losses has come from a kid that is 4-6 in a lower weight class when you do not have your facts straight is ridiculous coming from the moderator. Now if there is a good reason for D.Scott not to ranked then so be it. Just don't throw out statements that are untrue because you disagree with another mans opinion. Thus the reason for the statement, give the kid the credit he deserves.

.....and I will say again that he is getting the credit he deserves by being included in the rankings.....we all know who he is now and understand that he is probably pretty good.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.