State Champ Predictions?

DoiTanYwaY812

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just let you know there will be no fued between Campbell and Phillips those two are best  friends. they love beating on each other and say they would give  Indiana the show they are loooking for on the mat  but as far as a fued never blood bath yes fued no.  Both it seems are extremely excited to start the new season.  My opinion the lower weight classes are going to as much fun as they were last year!

"If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we?d all have a merry Christmas?,  or let me be more specific... the Matt will tell all.

Which Matt....MattM???

he is talking about the wrestling mat lol

I'll tell all I like candy and Christmas!  As for the state champs 6+min of tough wrestling in February will tell us what we need to know there.

103: Kyle Ayersman (Lake Central)

112: Brennan Campbell (New Castle)

119: Josh Kiefer (Roncalli)

125: Brandon Wright (Warren Central)

130: Jason Tsirtsis (Crown Point)

135: ?

140: Frankie Porras (Hobart)

145: Tanner Lynde (Delphi)

152: Ryan Stahl (Mishawaka)

160: Tyler Willis (Cathedral)

171: Braden Atwood (Delphi)

189: ?

215: ?

285: James Travis (Merrillville)

103: Kyle Ayersman (Lake Central)

112: Brennan Campbell (New Castle)

119: Josh Kiefer (Roncalli)

125: Brandon Wright (Warren Central)

130: Jason Tsirtsis (Crown Point)

135: ?

140: Frankie Porras (Hobart)

145: Tanner Lynde (Delphi)

152: Ryan Stahl (Mishawaka)

160: Tyler Willis (Cathedral)

171: Braden Atwood (Delphi)

189: ?

215: ?

285: James Travis (Merrillville)

No Sean McMurray?

todd should have a clear shot to state, brooks has grown 15 lbs. over the summer and is solid as a rock, cant wait to see him and Ayresman wrestle ! Thought Brooks controlled Stevens at semi-state just made a mistake in the final seconds and lost weighing in at 94 lbs wet. See how brooks handles the weight cutting this year.merriville semi-state champion gets my vote at 103 for state chmp.

What do you mean, cutting weight?  Didn't he weigh 93 pounds last year?  Losing 5 pounds is not cutting weight.  With the 2 pound allowance he'll practically be at his natural weight.  He'll still be at a weight disadvantage compared to the kids that are actually "cutting."  This is absolutely no knock on Brooks at all.  He's definitely got the skill to pull off a state title this year for sure.  103, the weight class that ruins the sport of wrestling in Indiana, will be extremely competitive this year as it always is.  I'm being facetious when I say that 103 is ruining wrestling.  Unfortunately 103 will be gone forever after this season.

Remember MCKAJC,  when you think your guys are working hard think about this:

Now who let the secret training tape of my son out?  Now that the cats out of the bag I guess I better fly him back from Russia now.  He said it was starting to get cold there anyways.

idk tyler willis looks like my champ at 160 this year

So... your saying Tyler Willis will take McMurry out?????hmmm......

I'll take that action!

Remember MCKAJC,  when you think your guys are working hard think about this:

:o :o :o OMG that kids incredible!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKPe-FnT5As&feature=popular

• 2 weeks later...

The reason I say Tyler Willis will win is because he wrestles to not just win but to dominate the hole match. I am sure alot others do as well. His coaches starting from his early elementary years has been Spence Spencer, James, Lance Ellis, McGinley, and Coach Wright all dominating wrestlers and champions, Ty has a heart of a lion. And his coaches have tought him what it take s to get to the next level. I am not taking anything away from any of the past champs but I believe Ty could win 3 streight. I have known him since my son and Ty started in the 1st grade he is a terrific kid and works like no other.      Also Good luck one bringing the Football state title home to the Irish!!

Caliboy189.  Yes you have the right to your opinoin but I will take Sean McMurray at 160.  All the reasons that you gave  for thinking Tyler Willis would win state I could say for my son and probably most people could say for their favorites..  Sean has been wrestling since he was young and has been coached by some of the best coaches also, he practices all year round, competes nationally and is at the "next level". He knows what it takes get that championship..  But one thing I know you have wrong is "He works like no other"  All of the elite high school wrestlers have worked like no other to get where they are.  Just as you had your opinoin this was just mine.. Good luck at Conseco!  ;)  P.S. I have known Sean a long time too! ;D

Awww, Like I said I am taking nothing away from him. I know the last thing Ty is thinking about is Rankings or being on the sight promoting his self. He is looking at the big picture winning two state titles this year one in football and in wrestling, If Sean overlooks him he will be in trouble Taking nothing away from Anthony Quiroz but , Ty is no Quiroz Ty will wrestle to inflict damage, the best of luck to all I have a great deal of respect for Sean. I am just stating my opinion. Again best of luck to all!!

Oh  . I think you've made sure that Sean won't overlook Tyler. I'm sure his coaches and parents appreciate that as much as I do!

All of this is getting out of control..  I was a state champion in the past, but that makes me a FORMER state champion.  I am not a state champion anymore!  I'm training for a state championship, just like every other kid in the state!  There's a bull's eye on my back, and that's alright with me, because I still have things to prove to people, too!  As for all of the studs at 160 lbs, I am not focused on any of them at THIS moment..  I'm focused on beating the Chesterton 160 lber on December 2.  I'm sure I will be focused on every single one of them at some point during the season, but I'd like to take it one match at a time just like I have in the past.  When the time comes, let's all argue, but for now, let's not get our panties in a bunch.. We all have other matches we need to win to even get to wrestle eachother! 

-Sean

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.