State Champ Predictions?

DoiTanYwaY812

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

todd should have a clear shot to state, brooks has grown 15 lbs. over the summer and is solid as a rock, cant wait to see him and Ayresman wrestle ! Thought Brooks controlled Stevens at semi-state just made a mistake in the final seconds and lost weighing in at 94 lbs wet. See how brooks handles the weight cutting this year.merriville semi-state champion gets my vote at 103 for state chmp.

Unless Stahl goes a weight other than 152 I dont see Corpe beating him. Its my understanding Stahl handled Corpe in practice while both were at Memorial. Wouldnt surprise me too see Corpe at a different weight class than Stahl.

Stevens and Ayersman are both returning at 103? Along with Brooks Merrillville Should be stacked at 103 again this season Maybe Halsted and Medina Will be there too

I talked to Halsted a couple of weeks ago and he said he is not going to be able to wrestle this year because of his shoulder.

todd should have a clear shot to state, brooks has grown 15 lbs. over the summer and is solid as a rock, cant wait to see him and Ayresman wrestle ! Thought Brooks controlled Stevens at semi-state just made a mistake in the final seconds and lost weighing in at 94 lbs wet. See how brooks handles the weight cutting this year.merriville semi-state champion gets my vote at 103 for state chmp.

How can you say Brooks controlled Stevens when Stevens was beating Brooks up until 45 sec left in the match. Brooks then got a takedown with 45sec left to take the lead, but was reversed right away??

103: Kyle Ayersman (Lake Central)

112: Cody Phillips (Union County)

119: Anthony Hawkins (Crown Point)

125: Brandon Wright (Warren Central)

130: Jason Tsirtsis (Crown Point)

135: Brock Norton (FW Carroll)

140: Frankie Porras (Hobart)

145: Tanner Lynde (Delphi)

152: Ryan Stahl (Mishawaka)

160: Sean McMurray (Portage)

171: Braden Atwood (Delphi)

189: Aaron Stevenson (Indian Creek)

215: Nathan Cleveland (Lowell)

285: James Travis (Merrillville)

Surprised there has been no love for Campbell.  Last year ranked #1 and undefeated before his injury caused him to drop out of the tournament.

Everyone was really anticipating a Campbell v. Phillips match up last year.  Maybe we will get it this year, once at semistate and then once again under the lights?  This could turn into  another great Indiana wrestling rivalry if both are at the same weight class this year and for the years to come.

Atwood should stay wrestle 189 he cut to hard last year and it showed at State.  He's could defiantly route his way to a title AT 189.  On the Topic of Delphi, Tanner Lynde is a man, but won't win a title just yet. Beck at 12 will beat phillips. Mishawaka's lentz will end up at heavy weight. Also , call me naive but Gregory from Penn isn't seeing enough love. I got him penciled in Winning 19. I have him beating Hawkins and Nelson.  

I Think 171 is wide open then. I still think Tanner Lynde has it this year. My opinion is that your biggest improvement is made between your freshmen and sophmore year, and i think he is gonna surprise people. He looked very solid last year. Also, Im a fan of his style. Beck is a great wrestler and he is in an ideal situation being in Mishawaka's room. Which i believe is one of, if not the hardest working rooms in the state, but i just don't seeing him beating Phillips. I like Gregory because he is from Penn and I believe that program is becoming a force to be reckoned with here in a relatively short time and also Harper is a great coach. How hard he worked in the off season will directly result in if he can have a chance at beating Hawkins and Nelson; however, those are some very talented guys, and i think Hawkins has to be the favorite at this point.

How can you say Brooks controlled Stevens when Stevens was beating Brooks up until 45 sec left in the match. Brooks then got a takedown with 45sec left to take the lead, but was reversed right away??

I'm pretty sure Brooks controlled the match, or atleast outwrestled Stevens, hats off to Stevens though, he was able to hold Brooks off, but if Brooks handles cutting weight well, I would be very suprised to see Stevens hold him off again

philips 103, kief 112, hawkins 119, wright 125, tsirtsis 130,  porra 135, roach 140, stahl 145, richey 152, mcmurray 160, atwood 171, stephenson 189, cleveland 215, travis 285     103 will have brooks,todd and ayersman fighting for the title also, beck and cambell will be challenging 112 if they are healthy at this weight, kieffer could be here with hawkins again this year, raley could challenge wright this year depending on what he did over the summer, tsirtsis will in at 130, porras should win at 135, roach at 140, 145 and 152 depending who goes where with stahl, lynde and richey, 160 mcmurray will win,  171 stein, atwood and duckworth, stevenson works hard his turn this year at 189,  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.