Terps land Blue-Chip Heavyweight Myers

Drooke

By Willie Saylor, Editor

Pennsylvania Big Man, Spencer Myers, Has Lofty Athletic, Academic Goals; Looks Forward to Working with Coach McCoy

The recruiting process was quite a grind for Pennsylvania prospect Spencer Myers. Not only was he negotiating where he might continue his wrestling career, but as an honor-student, also strongly considered academic programs.

On Thursday, Spencer put the decision to rest as he informed The Open Mat of his decision to attend the University of Maryland.

According to Myers, Maryland had the best mix of everything he was looking for: quality and personable coaches, great academics, and reasonable proximity from his parents? Selinsgrove, PA, home. ?As this process began, I wasn?t sure what to expect. It was very overwhelming at times. It was a huge decision in trying to find the right fit for me. Although there are many great places where I?m sure I would have felt at home, I believe I made the best choice.?

Myers, who is ranked as one of TOM?s Top Prospects at Heavyweight, enjoyed a stellar Junior campaign .........................and the rest of the story.................. http://news.theopenmat.com/?p=3696

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.