Vision Quest

TripleB

Watching the great Vision Quest tonight and I had a question about the scoring. I know this has been discussed before. Was the first takedown by Shoot left on the cutting room floor? In the movie the ref calls out of bounds, yet Louden starts down and Shoot is given points for a takedown. What gives?

Also why the heck was the great, manly Vision Quest shown on EncoreLove, WHATSUPWITDAT???

Yeah the move sequence is a little off on the final scene.  I believe the ref actually says no takedown as they go out.  However, right after whistling to restart the match, with Louden in the down position, he awards a takedown to Shute.  

TripleB if you would just drop $5 and get the DVD you wouldn't have to watch it on EncoreLove.   What they heck you doing around the channel anyway?  

Some trivia....

While working the 96 Olympic Trials in Spokane-home of Louden Swain-I met the guy who played Shoot's coach and the referee for the Louden vs. Shoot match.

Both are local wrestling legends in Washington state. They were not "real" actors.

Whenever I watch this movie two things stand out....how much I'd like to whup on that Otto guy.....how hot Carla is!!!!

I started wrestling when I was 7 years old, which was when the movie Vision Quest came out...(1985).  I can remember driving around one whole weekend with my parents shopping for the soundtrack/cassette tape!!  We finally found one and I listened to it religiously throughout my years of wrestling, and currently the soundtrack is on my iPod.  What a great movie/soundtrack.  

It is indeed the most UNDER-RATED movie to date!!

My Brother and I watched & watched & watched that movie over & over......as a matter of fact (true story!!).... when my Son Taybor was born, I wanted to name him "Louden" so bad.........but my wife couldn't stomache having a son named "Louden Quear"..........that does kinda sound funny!

We need more wrestling movies!!

WHAT ARE YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT??????

This is close to the PERFECT movie.

YOU get to watch wrestling, with a great Lunatic Fringe soundtrack, and your WIFE/GIRLFRIEND/PARTNER gets a love story..

This seems like a win/win situation to me!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.