team State Predictions

Warren also has Decker and 2 more transfers, plus the best coaches in the state. I think Warren is a lock.

Good coaches not the best you are forgetting Lance Ellis, Rob Miller and Jim Tonte, Matt Schoettle these are the four best coaches in the state. It will take a couple of years for Danny to get the program back and going the middle schools in Warren need a lot of rebuilding and the elementary. Roncalli will beat Warren I believe!! Besides Wright, Decker and Jones who else is there that is going to dominate?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Decker is going to be a great wrestler. Warren's HWT White will score some points too. Tough to replace Odom, Mooreland and Berry, but having Wright step in is a nice start.

BG lost Ramage, Gates and Dyson, but they do return a very solid team.

Roncalli lost a very tough Dickey and 152-HWT. I'm sure there are tough kids in the pipeline, though.

Gonna be a dogfight, for sure.

Wc will be fine. If Coach Williams can get 1/10th  of the athletes walking around the halls of that school into the room, they will be great. Yes they have some problems with the middle schools, and elementary programs, but that will work itself out in due time. I think that bringing Danny back, Warren has said that being a tough team is no longer going to be enough. If and when Danny starts getting the kids out, this team can, and should be a monster. With the type and sheer number of kids available to the team, it could be the start of something very special on the east side of the city.

Warren also has Decker and 2 more transfers, plus the best coaches in the state. I think Warren is a lock.

Good coaches not the best you are forgetting Lance Ellis, Rob Miller and Jim Tonte, Matt Schoettle these are the four best coaches in the state. It will take a couple of years for Danny to get the program back and going the middle schools in Warren need a lot of rebuilding and the elementary. Roncalli will beat Warren I believe!! Besides Wright, Decker and Jones who else is there that is going to dominate?

Wow!  Newsflash:  There is more to the state of Indiana than just Indianapolis!

Wow!  Newsflash:  There is more to the state of Indiana than just Indianapolis!

Would those be the places that slow you down as you drive to Indianapolis?  ;D

With the numbers Warren has at there school and , what they have 4 or 5 middle schools feeding into the highschool they should be great! Danny will get the kids out, they should be good with the numbers they have in that township unlike a Perry that has 1 middle school and not a huge high school, That just shows how great of coaches Tonte,Schoettle, Ellis and Miller If the had a chance to run a program like Warren with the numbers from elementry on up any of those four would have a top program.  I can not wait for the season Jones is nota lock to win all his matches there are some pretty talented younger wrestlers that will be battleing him this season. Should be fun. But seriously best of luck to the Warren staff great people- coaches but the best it is way to early to tell.   

Though Perry is a little less than 2/3s the size of Warren (3rd largest school) it does have the 21st largest enrollment of Indiana High Schools.  That's a decent amount of kids to pull from even if that district has decided to go with just one Middle Schoool.  I'm fairly sure what they have done lately constitutes being a top program.  So I think the numbers and success would say that Tonte and crew are very good at drumming up student interest for the wrestling program that other large and small school have not has as much luck with.

Wow, News Flash Hammer -

This is a discussion board; they are discussing the teams they know (Probably the teams closest to where they live!)

While i disagree with most of their choices, I doubt anyone from Indy is going to start taking about how many returning wrestlers are coming back to Hanover, or how Mich. has done in the off season. If you have a comment about who you predict, Post it.

You all are putting too much emphasis on the size of the school here. I don't think MD is as big as Warren or Perry and they seem to do alright.

Guest momofwrestlers

I agree totally.  Too much emphasis on numbers... MD has a much smaller school & feeder system than both Perry & Warren & look what they've done over the last couple decades.  Why do numbers matter? 

You know what PM had done and would like to do. 

If you are so worried about Warrens' numbers - go back there.

Perrys' program was not built overnight, but over a period of years & is continuously building.  It is due to the care and dedication of the coaching staff, the  wrestlers, former wrestlers that come back to the room, and  families that have built the program.  Especially the coaching staff - without their  hard work & dedication week in and week out - being at every tournament possible to help make the kids better wrestlers, and better people, not every program has coaches with that  dedication & work ethic.  We are truly blessed.

It's not about the numbers...  numbers mean nothing if you can't get the kids to come out and dedicate themselves. Nothing if the parents aren't behing their kids & coaches 100%. 

Look at Perry football (no offense meant here) but with the size of the school  - shouldn't there be alot more kids on the sidelines on Friday nights.  Hopefully, that will be  turning around now with a new coach.  :)

Wow, News Flash Hammer -

This is a discussion board; they are discussing the teams they know (Probably the teams closest to where they live!)

While i disagree with most of their choices, I doubt anyone from Indy is going to start taking about how many returning wrestlers are coming back to Hanover, or how Mich. has done in the off season. If you have a comment about who you predict, Post it.

You all are putting too much emphasis on the size of the school here. I don't think MD is as big as Warren or Perry and they seem to do alright.

Nothing wrong with discussing the teams that you know.  However, no one should be so oblivious to believe that there isn't a possibility that a coach outside their own area couldn't be one of the top coaches in the state.  If you pay any attention to the state, you would have to realize that Coach Faurote of Bellmont  brings his team to state practically every year, for example.  It's hard to say that Coach Maldonado isn't one of the best coaches.  Coach Snyder of Mishawaka deserves to be in consideration based on the results he gets year in and year out.  I don't actually know any of these guys to have a bias, but it's hard not to take notes of their results.  On a side note, there are a lot of great coaches in this state.  Some guys are great at doing more with less, while others are great at taking kids who are knocking on the door, and taking them to the next level.

Agreed, South should have a good all around line up this year.  South has flown under the radar for a few years now but Decker has been able to amass another solid group of kids for this season.

one team that is very under hyped is the fort wayne carroll chargers. the are losing there 215 pounder but they are returning brock norton third at state 130, jon timmerman , the lefever brothers and logan ables who were all semi state qualifiers. im lookin for carroll to even upset belmont in the nhc confrance

They're a solid team, and will be even better this year, but upsetting Bellmont? May be a long shot. Great coaching staff and some solid kids, I look forward to the matchups this year.

NHC will be very competitive this year. Upsetting Bellmont won't be impossible but definitely an uphill fight. 

Cali- I tried to stick up for you central indy guys, but your killing my argument.

*There is no way the four best coaches in the state are from two central indy schools, and two are assistants! Not to mention that between the four they have coached their teams to about 0 state championships.

I am sure everyone has there favorite coaches, the four I have mentioned has to be in the top 10. Lance and Robert has turned the Roncalli program around in just three years, Yes I think they are a couple of the best 4 or 5 state titles between the two of them they know what it takes.

And Tonte and Schoettle has proven themselves year after year Perry is always getting doubted, remember last year alot of people said they would not make it as far as they did.  The coaches will have them ready.

I also mentioned Delphis coaches Atwood and Lynde they are a couple of good ones as well!! 

If you all remember State not take anything away from Perry, but they walked to the finals. On the other side of the bracket they had better teams fighting to get to the finals.

But they was yet only won win away from being champs if the heavyweight match would of went the other way we could be talking about Perry being the champs.

I was talking all around best coaches if you look at the ele. side of it all the way to H.S. the four I mentioned are the best

Belmont and Castle put on a great fight it was  not a walk to the finals , they are two top notch programs

If the heavyweight match would have went the other way.....!!!

Well if i had 13 brothers each at different weight classes, and born at the same time, and we were all awesome at wrestling, then my family would have been team state champs and we would be talking about me. (See how silly your logic is!)

The point was, you cannot pick the 4 best coaches in the state, and have 0 state titles between them. The Perry coaches are very good yes, not taking anything away from that. However, I don't recall seeing Roncalli really compete in the state finals, so i dont see how their coaches factor anywhere in the top 10 there.

There are also some coaches who are ok, like say the Cavemen's coach, Crown Town's coach, maybe the guy at Cathedral, perhaps Mater Dei's guy... just a thought.

Cali, You are not going to prove your point to most of these guys. If you live on the Southside of Indianapolis you would see how Perry and Roncalli coaches have taken programs to the next level. I  am just saying you are correct. Its more then State titles that prove how good these coaches are. If one kid that lives in Perrys Township decides that he would rather go to Perry then Roncalli two years ago. And his reason was so he could continue his Catholic Education. Perry would of won 2 states titles by now. This coming year they would be hard pressed not to make it 3.

The great thing is, every part of the state has tremendous coaches, and as far as I can tell, they are all willing to help any kid no matter what school he goes to. I dont know if we have ever been blessed with so many quality coaches in our state at one time. This speaks to the quality of wrestling across our state. All the coaches mentioned before are great, as well as many that have not been mentioned.

I mean really, if we only had 10-15 great coaches in the state, why are there so many teams represented at Conseco every year. SOme of that is due to the size of the school, some is the determination of the individule wrestler, but alot of it has to do with the coaching the kid recieves during his HS career. Some of the coaches are great tacticians, others are great motivators. All deserve our respect.

Warren and Rebels -  You are correct in that they have taken the program to the next level, state titles are not the only way you can measure success, and all coaches deserve a tremendous amount of respect for the time they put in.

* I never said anything in oppostion to that.

*I was responding to someone saying they "were the best in the state." And logic would say NO, they are not for the reasons i state. I also chose to point out that not only are they not the best, it was really sill to say a tleast 2 of those 4 were anywhere near the best. Why would I go that extra step you might ask? Because I am the Wildcat.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.