Buehrle Perfect Game!!!!!!!!!

Congrats to Buehrle and all White Sox fans.  What a great catch by Wise to with no outs in the 9th.  Great way to go into the Detroit series tied for 1st.  I know this isn't wrestling but I am sure there are plenty of Sox fans reading and enjoying this.

Good catch Left Hand Head Lock...wahoo +1.

WEC's Miguel Torres tosses first pitch, Mark Buehrle throws MLB's 18th perfect game

by MMAjunkie.com Staff on Jul 23, 2009 at 4:54 pm ET

Chicago White Sox pitcher Mark Buehrle shut out the Tampa Bay Devil Rays, 5-0, and pitched just the 18th perfect game in Major League Baseball history today at Chicago's U.S. Cellular Field.

The feat, of course, overshadowed a slightly less impressive performance from Miguel Torres.

The WEC's bantamweight champion, who lives and operates his gym in the Chicago area, was honored and threw out a ceremonial first pitch prior to today's historic game.

A perfect game, the result of a pitcher earning 27 consecutive outs (with no hits, walks, errors, etc.), is one of the rarest feats in MLB ? and the most cherished by pitchers.  In comparison, 263 no-hitters have been tossed, a hitter has struck two home runs in one inning 52 times, and a pitcher has struck out four batters in an inning 51 times. Yet, only 18 perfect games have been tossed in baseball history (16 of which have come since 1900).

"I left a cup of lion's blood and some cobra venom for [buehrle] at the mound to throw a no-hitter," Torres joked in a press release. "That's how I roll. It was an awesome experience."

The perfect game is a sweet reward for Buehrle, who also tossed a no-hitter in 2007 for the White Sox. He narrowly missed a perfect game in that performance by issuing a single walk to Sammy Sosa (though he picked him off first base and still faced the minimum 27 batters).

Buehrle, 30, has pitched exclusively for the White Sox during his 10-year major-league career. The left-hander was named to his fourth All-Star team this year and is now 11-3 on the season.

Torres next fights on Aug. 9, when he meets top contender Brian Bowles in the main event of WEC 42 in Las Vegas

Great quote.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.