WHO'S NEXT??

devildog47959

I Hate Lesnar but i dont see anybody stoppin him antime soon.  He is a freak... I remeber reading an article about him when he had that stint with the NFL and the Vikings.. In he article it said he out benched and out squated every athelte at the combine and had a very impressive 40 time.. all scouts and coaches said he was the best raw athlete they had ever seen but in the NFL its about skill and technique and they didnt want to take the time to let him develop they would rather take a guy that has had a few years college experience.  Lesnar is just un real when it comes to his athletic ability...

So the question for the UFC and Dana White is Who's Next to try and de-throne Lesnar as the HWT Champ..

Maybe a Lesnar Vs Velasquez fight.. Cain is a very good fighter strong wrestling background like Brock but i dont know Cain is still very young i think he has the potentional to be the next UFC Great but i think if he was to fight Lesnar now he would not have what it takes to Take the Title away.. not yet..

I would love to see a Lesnar Vs Fedor Emelianenko fight  ;D he is the true wordls #1 HWT Fighter... If dana can get this fight done it would be the best selling UFC event of all time no doubt about it.. and dana has already said the as soon as Fedor;s contract is up with Affliction he is willing to shell out a ridiculous amount of cash to get Fedor to sign with the UFC... lets hope he can get that deal done. Fedor is the man.

Winner of Cain/Corwin was rumored to get the next shot.  However, neither have the submission abilities Mir had and they may be ready to combat the imposing force of Lesner.  A few other HWT will get a shot at him but they don't seem to have much to offer as far as a big fight either.  Obviously a bout with Fedor is the only real HWT PPV to be had, but getting him in the UFC is a big uphill climb.

i don't dislike brock, i think that he is just passionate and gets carried away.  let us not forget that mir was talking a lot of crap as well.  brock said in the press conference that he was "just amped up". 

as far as the next fight, we HAVE to see fedor and brock.  noguera would be an intereting fight for lesner, but i don't think anyone will give him much of a chance at this point.  i always have to pull for anyone in the ufc that was a ncaa champ or all american. 

there is a bunch of video of old fedor fights on youtube.  very entertaining. 

Winner of Cain/Corwin was rumored to get the next shot.  However, neither have the submission abilities Mir had and they may be ready to combat the imposing force of Lesner.  A few other HWT will get a shot at him but they don't seem to have much to offer as far as a big fight either.  Obviously a bout with Fedor is the only real HWT PPV to be had, but getting him in the UFC is a big uphill climb.

Agreed.  It's probably the winner of Cain/Carwin.  Unless Couture beats Nog very handily and the UFC wants to see that rematch for big PPV $$

Agreed.  It's probably the winner of Cain/Carwin.  Unless Couture beats Nog very handily and the UFC wants to see that rematch for big PPV $$

I love Randy, I have had the honor of meeting him personally as well as Tito Ortiz and Tim Sylvia. All 3 our great gus they did some fund raisers here at Camp Pendleton to raise money for the wounded warriors great guys.

But Randy does not have a the size to match up with Lesnar.. not many people do.  Randy is a legend and i would hate to see him get beat by brock  again.. it would be like watchin Chuck Lidell get beat over and again.. tryin to tell him uer time has come to step outside of the octagon.  Brock is on another level, his SIZE. SPEED. AND STRENGTH are UNMATCHED those aren't the only factors that make u a great fighter but it deff doesnt hurt...

I totally agree , I wouldn't do that match again but that doesn't mean the UFC wouldn't put together another Lesnar-Couture fight.  It would be a huge PPV draw and Couture looked pretty good in the 1st round against Lesnar.  If Couture wins big against Nog, I really wouldn't be surprised.

Obviously, Brock vs Fedor makes the most sense.   Outside of him, there's not many candidates.

Brock is on another level, his SIZE. SPEED. AND STRENGTH are UNMATCHED those aren't the only factors that make u a great fighter but it deff doesnt hurt...

So, why do you hate the guy?  I was blown away by the reaction in the arena Saturday.  None of the UFC fans I watch with hate Brock.  I am curious what it is about him that they don't like.  I like the competitor in him.  I like his reaction.  He obviously prepared for a war, and felt avenged for his only loss.  It was a catharsis!  I liked it...

No disrespect at all Devildog, as one fan to another, I just don't get why people are disrespecting the champ.  What am I missing here!?

I just don't get why people are disrespecting the champ.  What am I missing here!?

People just really like Bud I guess.   Seriously, though here is my high school psychology 101 analysis of the situation.  

I don't think he had to many fans against him before the fight.  Even with his standoffish attitude right before the fight with the media, I didn't hear to much booing as he walked in.  Or even at the end of the fight when he won by knockout.  I'm sure some didn't like the fake WWE connection or the fact he got a shot with little experience but that was a small few.  The tide starts to change after he taunted  Mir before the post fight interview.  Yeah Mir was being a jerk to hype the fight but the crowd want a little bit of humble pie and respect of the fight from both sides even if you truely don't like each other.  Even with the taunts I think he could have easily saved himself once he started the post-fight by saying the right thing even if they are out of the badboy playbook more than then respecful goodguy one.  But instead he went right at the crowd when they started booing the taunts.  That lost him more fans just because of the crowd doesn't like to be disrespected reguardless of how they act towards someone.  That just the nature of the crowd that pays to see an event.  Then he went on a psycho rant that was not very charismatic at all.  Fans want to see even the badboys have a little flair and charisma.  His speech was more bi-polar and psycho.  Fans were not sure if they should take him seriously,  if he was trying to act, or if he was going to start biting Joe Rogans face off for no reason.  Confusing and scary rant are not going to get the crowd back on your side at that point.  Some "real" wrestling fans probably got lost at that point because they hope that all former wrestlers will represent the sport well in MMA.  These antics don't help sell the sport of "real" wrestling to the general public and that may have slightly offended many the "real" wrestling community who had been backing him.  Heck some were probably a little annoyed he can run his mouth like crazy after the fight, but acted about as dull and boring as possible during most of the coverage before the fight.  Either your a man of few words that like to just let the fight speak for him like Lesner said he was or your not.  Lesner obviously isn't sure which he is yet and that switching of behavior probably makes fan unsure whats fake and whats real about him.  The icing on the cake for long term UFC fans was the badmouthing of the sponsors.  These fans have grown to care about the UFC (even if they don't like how Dana opperates all the time) and care about it reaching mainstream sucess.  To those fans that move was a major disrespect to the organization as a whole and that something no one in the UFC on a major TV stage has really done before (even Dana).  So through the course of the evening he went from a few fans against him before the fight, to some fans against him after the taunt, to several fans against him after going at the crowd, to a large group of fans against him after attacking the UFC sponsors.  I'm sure some people ate it up because they live the chaos, or the WWE feel, or the Dana getting a taste of his medicine, but many didn't.    Sure he can can earn some of that fan base  back, but its going to be by doing things a little different in the next few fights (which he elluded to doing in the post fight press conference) even if he does get booed going into them.  

As for me I was on the fence about Lesner before the fight. I figured he would probably win by overwhelming force (which he did) but wasn't strongly rooting for him.  I liked the fact he was a former wrestler as most of us did.  However, I never felt he a very skilled fighter yet (and still don't) and never felt he had that "it factor" that makes me like certain MMA fighters personalities.  I thought he did was he needed to in the fight to win even if the "lay and smother" approach is a little boring at times.  I didn't mind the post-KO taunts of Mir cause I know Mir was kind of a jerk.  I was annoyed by his crazy rambling on the biggest event the UFC has ever had.   The fact that it came across as more of a WWE act than real life also bothered me.   Sure he hurt is image with some because of the words he used, but I also know its the UFC not the Disney Channel so fans shouldn't be to suprised by now on what some people will say.  I also knew he had done the company wrong by going at the sponsors.  So basically in my book his stock has went down.  I don't completely hate him and wont be rooting against him in matches I'm sure he will win but I will not be a big Lesner supporter any time soon either.

MattM, you hit the nail right on the head.  Personally I fall on the side of the fan of chaos.  I am actually a little confused why else you would watch UFC.  If you are a fan of technique, and a side of sportsmanship with your violence (which I am) than why not drop 5 bucks and go to a HS or FS wrestling match?

UFC is a different contest.  There is a reason the match has a CAGE around it!  Without the occasional psycho this sport would be more like your nephews tussling in the living room and I would spend the whole time in the kitchen fixing a snack.  Truth is if there wasn?t a chance for something really unusual we wouldn?t spend our hard earned grocery money on the PPV, the extra food, or tolerate our families on a non-sanctioned holiday.

HW?s are the showcase of any fighting sport.  Their size is a constant reminder of the potential collateral damage.  The most memorable HW?s have been the same arrogant, irritating animals Brock is.  Fight fans have memorialized the photo of Ali standing over his unconscious opponent beating his chest.  Tyson said he would eat his opponent?s children!  Look at Rampage!  When Brock was yelling at a camera through the fence with spit flying he was releasing the emotions he created to prepare for a fight.  He is obviously not like ?us?.  That does not make me dislike him, it just makes him more appealing as a HW champ to me.

If anyone didn?t think this was going to happen with Brock you missed the big picture on his chest.  The guy has a sword tattooed from belt to neck.  He said he got it b/c he felt like someone was holding a knife to his throat.  This was under the pressure to ?act? in WWE!@#$  I think that if he percieves that people hate him he fights harder.  He is preparing himself for the next challenger by drawing negative attention.

As a referee I had a lot of respect and appreciation for the teams in the FW and Indy areas, but I would suffer the ride on the Toll Road and a time change to go work a match in the region.  I don?t know why but over there you never know what?s gonna happen.  I wouldn?t go there for the pay.  I go there b/c I still have a shoe a Portage grandma threw on the mat.  I still tell the story about a fight in the hallway at SS.  It doesn?t make sense why I like that little part of me that feels afraid but it is a part of me.  Lesnar gives me that feeling through the TV?

MMA as a sport features some of the best sportsmanship you will see in any sport. Brock's behavior was a complete 180 of what people have come to expect in the ring/cage. It does seem counter-intuitive that these guys beat the stuffing out of each other and then hug and sincerely congratulate each other afterwards, but that is the rule in MMA, not the exception.

That said, it might be that Brock's outburst is a natural progression of cage etiquette. Although he was already a huge draw, Lesnar is an even bigger draw now that he has played the 'heel' card. I, personally, found it pretty funny. I think the lesson Mir (and other potential opponents) learned is 'don't taunt the rabid dog' because you'll eventually have to face the consequences. Mir completely disrespected Lesnar leading up to the fight. You can say he was selling tickets, or whatever, but his mouth wrote a check his arse couldn't cash. It was great entertainment, IMO.

I think the lesson Mir (and other potential opponents) learned is 'don't taunt the rabid dog' because you'll eventually have to face the consequences. Mir completely disrespected Lesnar leading up to the fight. You can say he was selling tickets, or whatever, but his mouth wrote a check his arse couldn't cash. It was great entertainment, IMO.

Right on, my thoughts exactly. That earned a wahoo from me! Did anyone happen to see Pardon the Interuption last night? They think MMA has peeked, and is only viewed by males 35 and younger. I think it's still on a rise that will not stop for a while.

So, why do you hate the guy? 

"Why Wrestle?"

Wrestling prepares a person to fight the game of life.

The wrester is the one athlete that must meet his opponent and do battle completely on his own; No one can substitute, no time outs are possible.

He has no one to check, screen, block, or assist him in any way;

There is no one to blame for his mistakes. When he wins, he must show quiet pride and modesty. When he loses, the responsibility is his. Wrestling is a true sport.

In other sports, when contact is made, they blow the whistle to stop the action;

In wrestling, when contact is made, we're just getting started.

No other sport requires more sacrifice then wrestling.

Individual, through self-denied, offers more of his character than can ever be explained.

Through every trial, test, and tribulation.

Thats a Poem i recieved when i wreslted for Team Indiana.

I beleive in being Humble. Maybe its the way i was raised through my parents and atheltic coaches over the years but its just the way i am. When you win of course u are excited and full of emotion and its ok to show that but Brock took it too far and i hate people like that.  Win or lose you hold your head high and be proud of yourself and your accomplishments. We had kids on our HS team that won a handful of matches all year but they never quit they never slacked off in practice they gave it there all day in and day out, and when they won a match they didnt do any kind of crazy celebration they shook there opponets hand, the opposing coaches hand and then started getting ready for there next match. Just like they did whne they came out on the losing end.  I know when im a coach someday those are the kind of athletes i want on my team. 

So, why do you hate the guy? 

"Why Wrestle?"

Wrestling prepares a person to fight the game of life.

The wrester is the one athlete that must meet his opponent and do battle completely on his own; No one can substitute, no time outs are possible.

He has no one to check, screen, block, or assist him in any way;

There is no one to blame for his mistakes. When he wins, he must show quiet pride and modesty. When he loses, the responsibility is his. Wrestling is a true sport.

In other sports, when contact is made, they blow the whistle to stop the action;

In wrestling, when contact is made, we're just getting started.

No other sport requires more sacrifice then wrestling.

Individual, through self-denied, offers more of his character than can ever be explained.

Through every trial, test, and tribulation.

Thats a Poem i recieved when i wreslted for Team Indiana.

I beleive in being Humble. Maybe its the way i was raised through my parents and atheltic coaches over the years but its just the way i am. When you win of course u are excited and full of emotion and its ok to show that but Brock took it too far and i hate people like that.  Win or lose you hold your head high and be proud of yourself and your accomplishments. We had kids on our HS team that won a handful of matches all year but they never quit they never slacked off in practice they gave it there all day in and day out, and when they won a match they didnt do any kind of crazy celebration they shook there opponets hand, the opposing coaches hand and then started getting ready for there next match. Just like they did whne they came out on the losing end.  I know when im a coach someday those are the kind of athletes i want on my team. 

That is a great peom, but MMA is not wrestling. Brock, unlike every other fighter (except B.J. Penn) has fought to earn his income. Brock is already a self made million aire, and it is mostly because of his wrestling background. I do not agree with what he did, but any time one of these guys can back door D White, I am all for it.

White has confirmed that the winner of Cain/Corwin will be Lesnar's next opponent.

I have given this alot of thought, and I think if Lesner wins his next one, his second title defense should be against Hulk Hogan, Goldberg, or "The Rock! IFF YAA SMMMEELLLL!!!!!!!!

Good news is the winner and one of the other contestants (2nd place , ainjury default, a suprise elimination) from TUF 10 may be able to contend with some of the better HWT.  Probably not Lesner yet, but it will give the weight class some much needed depth.

I think the lesson Mir (and other potential opponents) learned is 'don't taunt the rabid dog' because you'll eventually have to face the consequences. Mir completely disrespected Lesnar leading up to the fight. You can say he was selling tickets, or whatever, but his mouth wrote a check his arse couldn't cash. It was great entertainment, IMO.

Right on, my thoughts exactly. That earned a wahoo from me! Did anyone happen to see Pardon the Interuption last night? They think MMA has peeked, and is only viewed by males 35 and younger. I think it's still on a rise that will not stop for a while.

But ,but I watch it. I'm not either  a male or 35 and younger. :-[

Wahoo to you twinwrestlersmom!

My wife was watching some mma with me the otherday and all off a sudden she shouted out "rear nake choke.....he's got a rear naked choke".

She didn't notice (as she was watching the bout intensely) that after her outburst I casually raised  my hand to my face to wipe away a tear from my eye.     

And yes, it was a tear of Joy.

On to the age thing.....and to think I'm gonna be 36 this year......still a fan.

I don't know if the UFC has peaked but it past its biggest rise in popularity.  The rest of the way up will be a very slow process that will be less noticable.  I don't see it growing a ton more just because of the nature the sport mostly to a certain audiance, but it does have some room to still grow if they play their cards right.

My wife watch about 1/2 of season of one of the TUF season mostly for the reality TV aspect.  Besides that she'd rather be doing something else.