Future Website Article Suggestions

MattM

I'd put this on the site suggestions forum but the site is slow in the summer and this forum gets more user hits.  I'm sure getting to all these suggestions would be near impossible this season, but at least we can see some suggestions that may be possible for the guys to work on.  

I figure we would jump start Y2 on people we would like to hear from on future editions of "Toe To Joe" or "Where are they now."   Having some type of interview as a monthly features of the website would be great.  I know some are hard to get ahold of but maybe Y2 can at least make a generic questions form they could e-mail back for the ones he can't talk to personally.  

Ideas to get everyone brain going on specific names:

--Legendary Indiana Wrestling Greats (what made them legends, where are they now)

--Indiana College Coaches (season outlook, what they look for in recruits)

--Former Indiana wrestlers who are now college assistants (making the transition from college wrestling to coaching, where are they now)

--College Studs from Indiana (season outlook, what made them who they are)

--Indiana wrestlers who are trying to make it on the national scene (like Bryce Hasseman)

--Top Indiana High School Coaches (what made them who they are, what made their team what it is)

--Top Indiana High School Seniors (season outlook, future plans)

--Top Indiana High School Refs (sure they have stories)

--Top Indiana High School Families  (what their impact was as a family, how was life growing up in the family, where are they now)

--Wrestling Supporters (i.e. Jims Wrestling Supplies,  various Wrestling Academy Coaches, etc.)

Other things I'd like to hear about in future site articles

--The State of Wrestling in Indiana.  Kind of like the State of the Union but how our wrestling development compares to others stats.

--IHSWCA ideas and progress via Cale Hoover.  Dealings with the IHSAA for that matter.

--Pre-Season preview from each Semi-State area (individuals and teams).  Maybe one per week leading up to the first week of the season.

--College Season Preview (Indiana wrestling individuals and Indiana Teams).  I'm sure that a Dingo Den thing.

--Indiana's wrestlers impact on MMA probably another Dingo article.

--Indiana wrestling The Olden Days. This could be multiple articles between the timeline history of what it was, the rules/equptment/practice, top old

teams, legendary individuals, etc.

--Article on top in-season tournaments to catch this season and why they shouldn't be missed.

Well that should get some peoples brains going with suggestions for awhile.

I enjoyed the College Wrestler's (Andrew S, Nick K, and Nick W) Blogs. 

I would like to see these guys and others continue or start new blogs that they update year round at their own pace.  I find it interesting about the off'-season training  and how they balance the academics with the athletics.

I believe it would be an invaluable resource for not only the youth that envision wrestling post-H.S. but coaches, families,and fans as well.

Possibly at some point these folks could have their own designated "sticky" area where they could add posts at their leisure that would fall in chronological order to individual threads.

That being said, "I love this Site!".

Oh, and very nice summation Matt!  It sounds like Y2 should put you on the "payroll" to help see some of those ideas and subjects come to fruition.

I enjoyed the College Wrestler's (Andrew S, Nick K, and Nick W) Blogs. 

I would like to see these guys and others continue or start new blogs that they update year round at their own pace.  I find it interesting about the off'-season training  and how they balance the academics with the athletics.

I believe it would be an invaluable resource for not only the youth that envision wrestling post-H.S. but coaches, families,and fans as well.

Possibly at some point these folks could have their own designated "sticky" area where they could add posts at their leisure that would fall in chronological order to individual threads.

That being said, "I love this Site!".

Oh, and very nice summation Matt!  It sounds like Y2 should put you on the "payroll" to help see some of those ideas and subjects come to fruition.

I agree it would be sweet if one or two college guys would have a weekly or bi-weekly blog talking about their college wrestling experience.

Drooke I'm much more of an idea man than a final product kind of guy.  With all my activities I would have no time to work on that stuff anyway, but figured someone else connected with the site might.  Besides Y2 couldn't afford a team of literature professionals needed to clean the Ramblings of a Mad Man articles I would produce.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.