Hello from Bloomington

busstogate

I'm down here until August taking an eight week intensive workshop in Romanian.  The IU camp is going on the same time this week and I am screwed for not being to go see what's up.  Besides that, it is a lovely campus and surely worth considering a transfer at some point way down the line.  Just dropping a line to say hello.

Buna ziua, Drooke.  I'm in an English MA program at IUSB and eventually I'd like to get into a comparative literature PhD program.  I prefer memoirs and poetry and have done a couple of papers on E. Euro postcommunist transitions etc.  Some of my work led me to the dynamic and sad character that was Ceaucescu.  The Romanians today are very much emulating US popular culture, but without the wealth, or old money wealth, that is.  Learning this, my first foreign language is brutal, but necessary if I ever want to build rapport enough with Romanians to have them trust me theirh their innermost thoughts and their wealth of literary treasures.

I still intend to stay at Howe for a while.  The entire high school/middle school system is synching up and we should have some teams of veterans if all stays well in a few areas.  If the roof caves in then, I'll go from there.  But I just can't see these guys having things ripped out from under them, but as I have always said, if the right coach comes along and has the experience and vision necessary to take my kids farther and faster, I will be happy to let that roll. :-\

You had me until Ceaucescu :D

Seriously though that is very cool.  What types of jobs are available once you complete your studies?

On a completely unrelated note I was helping out a buddy a few years back.  He happens to sell artic cat snowmobiles and somehow through an internet search a fella from Romania ordered some parts.  I took the parts to the post office and had an extremely difficult time convincing them that Romania was indeed a country ;D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.