Accident Claims Life of Putnam Pain WC Wrestler

Infolady

On June 2, 2009, 16 yr old Blake Batchelor was killed in a car wreck on his way home from football conditioning.  He was taking a short cut gravel road home and lost control of his vehicle.  He went off the road into a creek.  The vehicle landed upside down in 3 feet of water.  Blake was knocked unconscious during the wreck and drowned.  Blake's mother, Paula, was giving my son a ride home from a band field trip about 5:30.  Also with her were 2 other son's, Cody and RJ.  They discovered the truck upside down in the creek and tried to extract him but could not.  I was called at 5:45 from the crash site by my son and rushed to the scene at the same time the first police officer arrived.  We extracted Blake but it was to late.

Blake was a member of the ISWA along with his 2 younger brothers.  His mother is our club "everything" and his Father, Rick, helps out with coaching.  They have been a blessing to me, my family and our club. Paula has told me on several occasions how glad she was that I got her son's into the club.  

I am asking for any contributions to help the Batchelor family during this tragic event.  No amount is to small.  If you could forward this to any ISWA club, I would appreciate this.  I know how supportive the wrestling community is that is why I am reaching out to you.  Contributions can be made the following ways...

Using Paypal send to

putnampainwc@yahoo.com

or mail to:

Putnam Pain Wrestling Club

6616 E 900 N

Bainbridge, IN  46105

Any help is greatly appreciated!  Our thoughts and prayers are with the Batchelor Family.

Darrin Montgomery

Club Coach

Putnam Pain Wrestling Club

My heart goes out to the Batchelor family.  As the mother of a sixteen year old wrestler myself, I cannot begin to imagine how difficult this time must be.  My deepest condolences.  Lorrie Wilson

• 2 weeks later...

It is things such as this that make my heat weaken.  There is nothing that words can say that will ever make this better.  There is a special breed of people that makes up a wrestling community, and in my opinion Indiana has one of the best.  I thought my son had a heart break this season but nothing like this, you are strong people and have an entire wrestling community from the entire state behind you.  Please put you and your family in the hands of god as he is the only one that can help you heal.  As the dad of a young man that just turned 16 My deepest sympathy and condolences goes out to you and your family

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.