USA Wrestling Honors

cadet130

Congratulations to Daniel Young of The Culver Academies on his selection to the USA Wrestling 2009 High School All-American Honorable Mention list. West Point has a hard worker coming their way!

The full publication should be coming out in the mail soon so hopefully we will find out all of the USA Wrestling AA's and Honorable Mention AA's.

• 2 weeks later...

Also does Briar get to go straight to West Point or does he have a year of prep school he needs to get done before entering?  I ask becaause I know some cadets are not able to get certain item done through their high school and are sent to a prep school for a year before entering West Point.  I'm guessing Culver would take care of what Danial needed to accomplish but I wasn't sure about Briar's situation.

Wrestling USA Magazine - May 30th, 2009 Issue

2009 High School All Americans

Camden Eppert

Steven Sandefer

2009 High School Honorable Mention All Americans

Cashe Quiroga

Taylor March

Daniel Young

Briar Runyon

Marcus Shrewsberry

Adam Chalfant

Congrats to all....Best of luck at the next level!!

Briar does not get to go straight into West Point, so he will do one year at the prep school and then if you mantains a certain gpa he will be able to attend West Point.  His SAT scores from what he told me were border line to get straight in.  But I think that the one year at USMAPS is a positive for him.

Congratulations to Chuck Bennett (Sammy's dad) for his awesome cover photographs on the April 15th issue that had the Wright vs. Eppert semi-state match and the May 30th issue that had the Grimes vs. Duckworth state championship match on the covers of the Wrestling USA Magazines.  Also inside the May 30th issue is another one of Chuck's great shots of the Grey vs. Tsirtsis state championship match.It is nice to see some Indiana boys getting some national exposure.  Great job Chuck!!  Also It was not  Chucks Photo's but  Humprey vs. Gomez is on the May 15th cover also with Howe vs. King photo on the inside of that same issue.  Really cool stuff.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.