2009 Team Indiana Results @ Scholastic Duals

J.D. Minch

Great job to all the boys that wrestled at the Brute Scholastic this year. Indiana Gold and Blue did a nice job for the state of Indiana. We saw some great matches and I for one got to enjoy a bunch of cool parents that were able to attend. (I had some good laughs)

The NWCA did a nice job,, besides it's cool to see Coach "John" Cook still enjoying this fantastic sport we all love so much not as a coach but as a director...    Good job boys!!!!

To all the wrestlers on BOTH blue and gold teams, Thanks for the experience.  It was a blast and honor to be one of the coaches.  The boys battled hard in every match.  The blue team were always one of the last matches to finish because they were wrestling so hard.  Even though some of the scores were lopsided the matches were way closer than the scores indicated.  This is a tribute to the hard work that Indiana is doing and how much we are improving.  Win lose or draw all the kids were winners the way they competed.  It is nice to see the boys come in all quiet and by the end of the trip they are good friends that is what makes wrestling unique.  Again thanks to all the wrestlers coaches and parents for a great trip.  JD does a fabulous job with this trip and the kids have been a pleasure to work with. 

I second the thoughts of Coach Atwood.  The Blue team (both teams for that matter) wrestled their butts off.  Very few times, if any, were we ever out of the match.  The kids competed very hard all weekend long even when the dual meet had already been decided.  The coolest thing about the weekend was seeing the transformation from a bunch of individuals to Team Indiana.  This trip was just as much fun for me as I'm sure it was was for the wrestlers.  It was an honor to coach these fantastic young men.  Looking forward to seeing them again this upcoming season at tournaments around the state. (Cheering against them if they're wrestling our guys though, of course!)

Brandon Taylor

Just wanted to say thanks to all the coaches and parents for all your support for my son on this trip. Talked on the phone with him several times of  the day, he had nothing but great things to say about his teams and coaches. It is a very good feeling for his mom and I knowing he is in such great hands. Again, thanks so much, he had a great time... He learned so much from all the wrestlers and coaches..

Kevin Kieffer

From a proud grandma, congratulations to Doug Welch and John Sims for representing southern Indiana.  Thanks to Brandon Taylor for going with them and coaching.  Thanks also to those who made the tournament possible.  It was a great experience for these boys and new friends were made.  Two grandpas from the area had a great time. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.