IN/IL Reminders for wrestlers, parents and coaches from Coach McCormick

1.  Our practice on Saturday, March 14 will begin promptly at 3:00pm in Wabash College's wrestling room. (Same facility as Chadwick Court)

Wrestlers should come ready to get a good work out in.  We will weigh in after practice (7 lb. allowance), and shower facilities will be available also.

2. Our line-ups are listed on a separate thread on this forum.  I believe I have received a bio sheet from all of our competitors.  I have every reason to

believe that all 28 of our seniors will report to practice ready to participate in this event.  If for some reason an emergency arises that will

prevent your participation, you should call Coach McCormick ASAP (765-282-9136), so that an alternate can be located to fill the position.

If you are planning to wrestle on Sunday, but are unable to make the Saturday practice, please e-mail or call Coach McCormick.  This way we will

know that you will be coming on Sunday, and we don't need to find an alternate.  (tmccormick@yorktown.k12.in.us) 

3. At this time Illinois' 3 alternates do not match our 3 alternates' weight classes, so there will be no exhibition matches at this event. 

Alternate wrestlers who are listed on our roster do not have to report to Crawfordsville this week-end.  If alternates would like to simply work-out

with the team or simply come to watch, they are more than welcome to, but again, there are no plans to wrestle exhibition matches this Sunday.

4. Competitors are reminded to bring your high school warm-up gear and your high school singlet to compete in.

5. There will be a brunch for wrestlers, officials and volunteers at 10:00am on Sunday, March 15 in a room near Chadwick Court.  We have ordered

Subway sandwiches for this event.  This is a chance for the Indiana wrestlers, Illinois wrestlers, mat officials and table help to meet one another at

this event.

6. A reminder to coaches of participants --- you are welcome and encouraged to coach your wrestler during his match on Sunday.

7.  Wrestlers are reminded to bring a team t-shirt or shorts from your school to trade with your Illinois counterpart.

8.  If you have any questions regarding the event, please contact me at the phone number or e-mail address listed above.

Thank you,

Coach McCormick

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.