Indiana-Illinois All-Star Classic - TEAMS ARE SET!

Coach McCormick

UPDATED AT 1:30PM ON FRIDAY, MARCH 6

Informational packets for the IN/IL All-Star Classic were handed out at the state finals this past week-end.  I realize that coaches and wrestlers are trying to catch their breath after last week-end (and some are still preparing to wrestle this week-end), but I do need to start finalizing our 2 rosters for this year's senior event.

This is the 16th year for this event.  It is being held at Wabash College this year on Sunday, March 15.  In this event, Indiana wrestles its top 2 seniors in each weight class against Illinois' top 2 seniors in each weight class.  Illinois fills their 2 teams by taking the "large school division" highest placing senior and the "small school division" highest placing senior.  Essentially, they bring a senior representative from each of their two divisions.  We fill our teams by first offering these 2 positions to our two highest placing seniors in each weight class.  If they decline this opportunity, I will begin calling the next highest placing seniors to fill these spots.

If a wrestler (or coach) knows they will NOT be participating in this event, it would help tremendously if you would shoot me an e-mail to that effect, so I can plan appropriately.  My e-mail is tmccormick@yorktown.k12.in.us.

So far, our roster is as follows:

* indicates wrestler has returned paperwork and committed to wrestle at this event

I mailed info. this week to Johns, Graber, Young, Estrada and Mappes.

WT          Large Division Team (AA)                              Small Division Team (A)

103:              Austen Vore (FW Dwenger)*                             Casey Shue (Western)*

112:              Robert Floyd (Delphi)*                                        Francisco Colon (CN) *

119:              Camden Eppert (AH) *                                       Alex Johns (EVR) *

125:              Cashe Quiroga (LN)*                                           John Grey (CATH) *

130:              D'Marcus Spencer (PK) *                                    Austin Egolf (CC) *

135:              Taylor March (EN) *                                           Will Mascaro (CAR) *

140:              Steven Sandefer (MI) *                                       Chad Barrett (Eastern) *            (Armand (JC) has comm. as alter.)

145:              Daniel Young (CM) *                                            Gavin McGinley (CATH) *         (Jones has committed as alter.)

152:              Kyle Mosier (Y) *                                                    Drew Brogden (ZN) *

160:              Briar Runyon (MA) *                                           Mark Myers (CP) *

171:              Brice Grimes (LN) *                                              Shelby Mappes (CG) *                   (Hudson has committed as alter.)

189:              Marcus Shrewsbury (CP) *                                Drew Graber (NO) * verbal   (Dalton has committed as alter.)

215:              Gabriel Berry (WC) *                                           Aris Allen (FWN) *

HWT:           Adam Chalfant (WI) *                                          Alexander White (MV) *               (John Clark has committed as alter.)

If you have any further questions, feel free to contact me at tmccormick@yorktown.k12.in.us.

Thank you,

Trent McCormick

Illinois did have 3 classes this year.  This is my first year to coordinate this event, and it is the first year for the Illinois gentleman as well.  Illinois said they could fill 3 teams, but past Indiana coordinators said we usually do good to fill 2 Indiana teams.  The Illinois coordinator, and myself, mutually agreed to keep it at 2 teams this year and explore expanding to 3 teams next year.

For me, it will be an easy decision after I see how easy, or difficult, it is to fill our positions with our top talent.  If Indiana wrestlers, and coaches, commit to supporting this event by entering their invited wrestlers, then expanding to a 3 team event will be an easy transition.  The jury is still out on this one.

Coach McCormick

The deadline to secure a position is today, Friday, Feb. 27.  Although we want our top contenders in the line-up against Illinois, I will not drag my feet in lining up our roster as the meet will take place in 16 days.  I will begin Monday calling other seniors who placed at state to fill our team.  To secure your position, you need to fax in your senior's information page that was included in your envelope.

Thank you,

Coach McCormick

The following Indiana mat officials have agreed to make the trip to Crawfordsville to officiate these great matches:

1.  Chris Conlisk

2.  Jeff McClane

3.  Andrew Willmann

4.  Randal Hayes

Thank you gentlemen for supporting this event.

Trent McCormick

I thought we sent state finals officials from Indiana? I've never even heard of 3 of these guys???

Team Indiana still needs to line up approximately 6 score table workers for the IN/IL event to be held at Wabash College on Sunday, March 15, 2:00PM EST.  If you happen to know of any officials, or just wrestling fans, who might be planning to attend this event and might be willing to work a score table, please have them contact Coach Trent McCormick ASAP.  We will need to get your name and shirt size, so we can order you an event t-shirt.  Unfortunately, there isn?t any pay involved, so please understand that it would be a volunteer position.  There is a brunch before the event that you would be more than welcome to attend and if you enjoy wrestling you'll have the best seat in the house!!!!!

Trent McCormick

tmccormick@yorktown.k12.in.us

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.