TEAM STATE!!!

Hillbilly JIM

This Weekend there will be 21 State Qualifiers, 18 State Placers, 5 Runner-Ups, and 5 State Champs.  Should be alot of good wrestling, a few Rematches from State (Hawkins vs. Kieffer).   Should be very exciting. http://www.ihsaa.org/b-wrestling/2008-09/0809TeamState.htm

This is based on after individual records after Sectionals.  All individual records of the 14 guys each team had at sectionals added up.

School                           Wins    Losses        Win%         Total                  State                Notes

Matches            Qualifiers

PERRY MERIDIAN     447     85              84%            532                     6

CASTLE                        428     88              82.9%        516                     8

MISHAWAKA             284     56              83.5%         340                    9                        This is without Paul Beck

CROWN POINT          341     66              83.8%        407                     7

CATHEDRAL              411     73              84.9%        484                     7

DELPHI                        326     107           75.2%         433                     5

BELLMONT                278     103           72.96%      381                     4                 

RONCALLI                  299     146           67.2%        445                      3                         This is without 140 

Firts Round

Match 1: Mishawaka (28-0) vs. Indianapolis Cathedral (26-2).

Match 2: Crown Point (18-1) vs. Roncalli (18-6).

Match 3: Bellmont (18-2) vs. Perry Meridian (24-2).

Match 4: Castle (20-1) vs. Delphi (23-10).

Semifinals

Match 5: Winner of Match 1 vs. Winner of Match 2.

Match 6: Winner of Match 3 vs. Winner of Match 4.

Championship

Match 7: Winner of Match 5 vs. Winner of Match 6.

Mishawaka (Returning State Champs)

Nick Schrader 125 State Qualifier

Josh Harper 130 4th

Trent Reinoehl 135 7th

Steven Sandefer 140 State Champ

Alex White 145 State Qualifier

Richard Morin 160 State Qualifier

Joseph Smith 171 7th

Christian Lentz 215 Runner-Up

Travis Thomas 285 State Qualifier

Crown Point (Coaches Trophy Winners)

Cameron Halsted 103 7th

Anthony Hawkins 112 State Champ

Jason Tsirtsis 125 State Champ

Eric Roach 135 4th

Mark Meyers 160 3rd

Marcus Shrewsbury 189 State Champ

Jim Bakalik 215 State Qualifier

Cathedral

Brian Harvey 103 6th

Brandon Wright 119 Runner-Up

John Grey 125 Runner-Up

Gavin McGinley 145 Runner-Up

Calvin Sullivan 152 5th

Tyler Willis 160 7th

Anthony McGinley 140 State Qualifier

Perry Meridian

Sampson Cook 130 6th

Chris Goodwin 135 6th

Jacob Tonte 140 8th

Jared McGinley 103 State Qualifier

Jacob Tasseff 145 State Qualifier

Blake Wood 152 State Qualifier

Castle

Andrew Seitz 130 7th

Doug Welch 135 5th

Chad Welch 140 State Qualifier

Preston Richard 145 State Qualifier

Andrew Pettijohn 152 State Qualifier

Cory Weikel 160 State Qualifier

Ryan Mann 171 State Qualifier

Clay Robinson 215 State Qualifier

Delphi

Robert Floyd 112 8th

Braden Atwood 171 5th

Nathat McTigue 130 State Qualifier

Tanner Lynde 140 State Qualifier

Wes Everett 285 7th

Bellmont

Trent Busse 160 State Qualifier

Travis Thatcher 189 State Qualifier

Billy Baker 215 State Champ

Daniel Meyer 285 State Qualifier

Roncalli

Josh Kieffer 112 Runner-Up

Justin Kieffer 119 7th

Tony Bell 285 State Qualifier

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going with Cathedral, but I am wouldn't be surprised if Mishawaka or Crown Point got the two victories to make it to the finals.

Though I think Perry wrestled bad this weekend, Castle didn't impress at all.  Bottom bracket has 4 teams who could make it to the finals.

I am going with Cathedral, but I am wouldn't be surprised if Mishawaka or Crown Point got the two victories to make it to the finals.

Though I think Perry wrestled bad this weekend, Castle didn't impress at all.  Bottom bracket has 4 teams who could make it to the finals.

I am reasonably sure Perry and Castle are heartbroken that you are not impressed with their performances and feel the need to state the obvious that any of the 4 teams in their bracket can make the finals.  Here is a news flash for you, Any of the 4 teams in the top of the bracket can make it also. 

Like it or not, these are the 8 best teams in the state this year (according to the system we have in place). 

Let the kids decide this on the mat...

I am reasonably sure Perry and Castle are heartbroken that you are not impressed with their performances and feel the need to state the obvious that any of the 4 teams in their bracket can make the finals.   Here is a news flash for you, Any of the 4 teams in the top of the bracket can make it also. 

Like it or not, these are the 8 best teams in the state this year (according to the system we have in place).   

I hope you aren't this big of a donkey in real life, if so God Help you.

Though I think Perry wrestled bad this weekend, Castle didn't impress at all. Bottom bracket has 4 teams who could make it to the finals.

I am reasonably sure Perry and Castle are heartbroken that you are not impressed with their performances and feel the need to state the obvious that any of the 4 teams in their bracket can make the finals. Here is a news flash for you, Any of the 4 teams in the top of the bracket can make it also.

I was just thinking the same thing about someone who would post something like what you did on here. What style, what class, what TOTAL B.S.

You see...They actually WRESTLE the matches so we will then KNOW the outcome...

I think anyone who is a fan of wrestling knows the team state champ will be whoever comes out of the round 2 matchup between CP and Mishawaka or Cathedral. Now if you are a fan of your school you will say I'm wrong. Thats why I said a fan of wrestling.

I think anyone who is a fan of wrestling knows the team state champ will be whoever comes out of the round 2 matchup between CP and Mishawaka or Cathedral. Now if you are a fan of your school you will say I'm wrong. Thats why I said a fan of wrestling.

I think a fan of Probabilities would say the top bracket will produce the winner...A TRUE fan of wrestling would know that on any given day anything can happen.

That is the true point to all this...Having the one day and letting things play out as they will.

Though I think Perry wrestled bad this weekend, Castle didn't impress at all. Bottom bracket has 4 teams who could make it to the finals.

I am reasonably sure Perry and Castle are heartbroken that you are not impressed with their performances and feel the need to state the obvious that any of the 4 teams in their bracket can make the finals. Here is a news flash for you, Any of the 4 teams in the top of the bracket can make it also.

I was just thinking the same thing about someone who would post something like what you did on here. What style, what class, what TOTAL B.S.

Wow, some people get their posts taken off for saying the wrong thing once, but this guy can use BLATENT inappropriate language on the boards but have it left alone. Way to go moderators!

I am reasonably sure Perry and Castle are heartbroken that you are not impressed with their performances and feel the need to state the obvious that any of the 4 teams in their bracket can make the finals.   Here is a news flash for you, Any of the 4 teams in the top of the bracket can make it also. 

I was just thinking the same thing about someone who would post something like what you did on here.   What style, what class, what TOTAL B.S.

Wow, some people get their posts taken off for saying the wrong thing once, but this guy can use BLATENT inappropriate language on the boards but have it left alone.  Way to go moderators!

Not sure what part of this is "Blatant" but it''s just as offense to EVERYONE to degrade teams and individuals by stating such arrogant blatherings as "didn't impress" and what have you. 

If you don't like it...Don't read it...

I was just thinking the same thing about someone who would post something like what you did on here.   What style, what class, what TOTAL B.S.

Wow, some people get their posts taken off for saying the wrong thing once, but this guy can use BLATENT inappropriate language on the boards but have it left alone.  Way to go moderators!

Not sure what part of this is "Blatant" but it''s just as offense to EVERYONE to degrade teams and individuals by stating such arrogant blatherings as "didn't impress" and what have you.   

Wow, way to go with the editing.  Good job at making yourself look a lot better now that you've been called out on your display of class.  If you really stand behind what you said you would've left it. 

Wow, way to go with the editing.  Good job at making yourself look a lot better now that you've been called out on your display of class.  If you really stand behind what you said you would've left it. 

for what it is worth, I don't think bluebolt edited anything, it clearly says last edit by AJ, which is a moderator doing his job, which someone accused him of not doing

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.