UFC 95 Results

Cardinal Wrestler

I was pretty impressed with Nate the Great.  He moved well, looked really strong, and was in control of the fight for the most part.  His finishing flurry was pretty awesome at real speed.  I am not sure how much damage the spinning back fist inflicted when looking at the slo-mo, but it was awesome live.

I think the UFC is missing Big John.  This crop of replacements is a little rough around the edges right now.

But, the outcomes probably wouldn't have changed.  Maybe Kos gets back up, but he earned the loss by walking into those two punches.

Too bad Steve Mazzagati wasnt reffing the Koscheck fight, I felt that Kos would have recovered and won... but seriously, the dude was out on the way down and everyone knew it.

Kos is such a whiner, I laughed him out of the octagon.  He probably did think the fight got stopped early, while trying to wake himself back up.

Get owned more.

Meh, Im a fan of Kos for his desire to fight and fight a lot... Ive watched him 'grow' in MMA since TUF 1, and he's leaps and bounds better. I want to see a rematch, and I think Kos takes it w/ a TKO in R1

Kos was dominating that fight up until it was stopped, so yeah, he probably wins 8-10 times.  He got caught by two big blows on the button.  Everyone that steps in the ring runs the chance of getting ko'd.  The best fighter doesn't always win.

I don't think he is a whiner because he thought the fight was stopped early.  In his mind (foggy as it probably was) he thought it was stopped early.  Throw in the emotion of a loss and yeah, he feels like it was stopped early.  I bet he also knows he ran right into those punches and that is his error.

If you look at the facts at what happens when an individual gets KO'ed, it was NOT an early stoppage. Kos was risking potentially the rest of his career... Kos WAS out on the way down, and despite the fact that he could have continued, had he taken one more punch potentially he could be wearing a diaper the rest of his life. He was out once, the second time coming really easily in the immediate time afterward. Look at boxing with the standing 8 second count. Yes the fighter can continue, but look at the long term effects on the human brain. As a victim of several IED's and various other concussions, thanks but NO THANKS to multiple concussions

The only point I would argue with you on is the safer than boxing analogy.  This may indeed be true, but I am not convinced that MMA has been around long enough in the public eye to really gather the data.  Ali was the first boxer I ever heard of having a long term problem stemming from blows to head.  There were probably others, but he stood out because he was Ali.  So you basically have 20-50 years more history and more people involved.  MMA is fast growing and we don't know what will happen to some of these guys when they are 50 or 60 years old.  I tend toward buying the argument that it is a little safer than boxing, but I still have a healthy dose of wait and see.