Break Down of Semi-States

Hillbilly JIM

Toughest Semi-State Broken Down in to Points.  1=16, 2=12, 3=9, 4=7,5=5, 6=3, 7=2, 4=1

Merrillville

1 7=112  Hawkins, Tsirtsis, Porras, Sandefer, Young, McMurray, Shrewsbury

2 2=24  Quiroz, Lentz

3. 3=27  Ayersman, Myers, Cleveland

4. 7=49  Stevens, Gregory, Harper, Roach, Jones, Estrada, Hudson

5. 4=20  Brooks, Hall, Atwood, Travis

6. 3=9    Monix, Surma, Fitzgerald

7. 3=6    Halsted, Reinoehl, Everett

8. 5=5    Medina, Floyd, Bradley, Kaufman, Smith

Total  34=252

New Castle

1. 3=48  Phillips, Eppert, Duckworth

2. 7=84  Kieffer, Wright, Grey, Spencer, McGinley, Todd, Grimes

3. 4=36  Nelson, Quiorga, Mascaro, Bennett

4. 3=21  Berryman, Dalton, Berry

5. 4=20  Mullins, Sullivan, Farrell, Hodges

6. 5=15  Harvey, Julian, Cook, Goodwin, Brogden

7. 4=8    Kieffer, Willis, Johnson-Jones, Halbert

8. 1=1    Tonte

Total  31=233

Fort Wayne

1. 3=48  March, Baker, Chalfant

2. 2=24  Stahl, Graber

3. 3=27  Norton, Barrett, Mosier

4. 2=14  Kenney, Powell

5. 4=20  Lovejoy, Egolf, Corpe, Allen

6. 3=9  Bevans, Heistand, Sparks

7. 3=6  Furar, Friend, Schultz

8. 4=4  Rothgeb, Gerber, Dulaney, Green

Total  24=152

Evansville

1. 1=16    Runyan

2. 3=36  Kief, Richey, White

3. 4=36  Johns, Stevenson, Mappes, Clark

4. 2=14  Sims, Gill

5. 2=10  Kuhn, Welch

6. 3=9  Leach, Wedding, Howland

7. 4=8  Fisher, Seitz, Milenbaugh, Weiss

8. 4=4  Richey, Stein, Jones, Richey

Total  23=133

actually tournament scoring goes more like this:

so it would look more like this:

MVille

7=112

2=24

4=36

6=42

4=20

3=9

4=8

4=4

total = 255

New Castle

3=48

7=84

3=27

4=28

4=20

5=15

4=8

1=1

Total = 231

Fort Wayne

3=48

2=24

3=37

2=14

4=20

3=9

3=6

4=4

Total=162

Evansville

1=16

3=36

4=36

2=14

2=10

3=9

3=6

5=6

Total= 133

Placing is the same, but i think this is more official, also i think you have one extra guy from New Castle and one less guy from evansville

I think the FW SS aquitted itself very well this year at Conseco.  Without applying points and just looking at numbers, it accounted for a little better than 20% of the placers and a little better than 20% of the champs.  Nice work FW SS.  Also, congratulations to Tyler March for winning it this year.  I don't know this young man personally but have watched him wrestle for the last few years and how he conducts himself.  He's a true champion in every sense of the word even if he hadn't won.  I heard he's also ranked #1 in his class.  What a story.  He's everything that's great about the sport, all sports, for that matter.  Because we're transplants and my history doesn't go back that far, I'd say he's the greatest wrestler to come out of NE Indiana.  If not the greatest, at least in the team photo for top 3.  My vote for the top match of the evening, Young of Culver  vs McGinley of Cathedral at 145.  What a 3rd period!

M-ville strong as we expected and proved it.

NC right behind them with some real talent and also showing they have some some talent coming back again next year too.

FW earned its keep for sure this year.  As a whole they showed they are a worthy group this season dispite what past results tend to show. 

Evansville seems to drop the ball from start to finish in many of their weight classes.  Not very impressive for the semi-state that used to be battleing for the top spot just a few years back.

Well alot of the southern demise i think has to do with the bad year MD had, for years the south has ridden on the back of MD, but when MD only takes a couple guys to state and they make absolutely no noise then the south suffers. I am really thinking with the poor showing from the evansville semi state that these teams down there did not catch up to MD but instead MD had a down year.

How many years has it been since another Semi State was more dominant than the Merrillville SS at state? With 4 of the 7 champs from Merrillville returning next year, coupled with the fact that there weren't as many stud seniors in the Region as in the past, look for Merrillville to continue it's domination. What does the Rat think of this?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.