Injury defaults at Semi-State this weekend

jimmie323

Jimtown's  135 pd  Jeremy Hill (40-5) broke his collar bone in the 1st period of his first match Saturday.  He had a good shot at making to next weekend.  Any other wrestlers who had a good shot at making it next week had there season come to a end do to a injury?  Matt Gerber was a class act telling Jeremy he was sorry that his season came to a end that way.

Jimtown's  135 pd  Jeremy Hill (40-5) broke his collar bone in the 1st period of his first match Saturday.  He had a good shot at making to next weekend.  Any other wrestlers who had a good shot at making it next week had there season come to a end do to a injury?  Matt Gerber was a class act telling Jeremy he was sorry that his season came to a end that way.

Our wrestler (Taylor's) made that throw, but Jeremy was looking good. To bad it couldn't g0 the whole match with full ability.

John Petrov Hanover Central injured his leg during his Match with Brooks I hope he is alright to wrestle in Indy. He defaulted to 4th, the same thing happened to him last year. When he had hurt Ribs. Good luck to Petrov

Yes, I hope he can get healthy and be ready for Friday night.

Our wrestler (Taylor's) made that throw, but Jeremy was looking good. To bad it couldn't g0 the whole match with full ability.

The Taylor kid is a class act to. He came up to Jeremy and gave him a huge and said he was glad that he wasn't a Senior.    That's what makes wrestling great, two kids who have never met  Jeremy before yesterday felt bad for him.

I was not at Ft. Wayne this weekend, but have wrestled and refereed at Ft. Wayne War Memorial Coliseum over several years.  I have heard many comments over the years about how hard the mats are at Ft. Wayne.  I have seen many injuries resulting from an impact on the mat at Ft. Wayne.  I am referring to situations that you wouldn't normally expect would result in an injury.  If you have ever had to experience carrying, rolling out, or just plain contacting a cold wrestling mat it is about the texture of a diamond!

This may have nothing to do with Jeremy's injury.  The topic prompted my comment.

Get well wishes for Jeremy and the others.

This years set-up looked different to me.  I thought that in past years the mats were placed on top of the removable basketball floor to give more "bounce."  This year the mats were right on the insulation separating them from the ice.  I have my share of senior moments (and I don't mean HS senior) and I may be remembering it wrong.  It just looked different.

On Matthew Gerber, the few times I've spoke to him he seems like a fine young man as are his cousins, the Fiechter brothers from Southern Wells.  I'm glad Matthew was able to advance, but felt sorry for Troy and Darrin.

As a referee, and an old man, I can feel a huge difference in my body after refereeing on that surface.  The old joints ache and my back is even worse than the good days.  I agree, they could do more to protect the kids.

They don't need a new venue.  There isn't a better one for the fans in NE indiana.  They just need to get the mats away from the ice so they don't get hard.

I Agree!  There is no High School Big Enough in NE Indiana for the FW (woodlan) SS.

I think the Coliseum is the best venue in the state to prepare the wrestlers for the State tournament the following weekend. The atmosphere is similar. The whole lower level is cold. Wrestlers need to really get warm before they wrestle. Some of the injuries may be caused by not getting their bodies ready in a cool environment. Moving venues would not be good for the fans, the wrestlers, or wrestling in general. 

My deepest sympathy to Jeremy Hill, Coach Kerrn, and Jimtown!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.