Chalfant HWT from Winchester

raidersrule6

After looking through the bracket, I don't really see anyone giving chalfant a match till he wrestles fitzgerald in the semis, and even then i really don't see chalfant losing.  He is a beast, and no heavyweight in the state matches him in strentgh and athleticism, they better hope he makes a mistake, because thats the only way he will lose!

Malone was a beast last year at 215, until someone upseted him, i believe that has a good chance of happening this year at heavy, with someone upseting adam.  Chalfant is all the things you've said, and looks very impressive in his semi-state and against ok to solid heavies but merriville and evansville have top tier/ cream of the crop heavyweights that can challenge him. Just my opinion. Dexter Larrimore is the last heavy that just dominated everyone and could probably tech fall anybody in his weight class, I don't think Chalfant is anywhere as dominant as Larrimore was, but with that said, good luck to adam and everyone at conseco. I hope chalfant wins because he is an outstanding kid, i will be rooting for him, i feel there will be an upset though!

I think he will pin his way to the championship.

Do you really think he will pin his way to the Championship?   I saw him beat a 215lbr 4-0 earlier this season, needless to say that 215lbr did not make it past the regional.  I do think he will be the champ becuase he is a man beast, but he will have some close matches

I have had the pleasure of watching Adam wrestle 5 or 6 times.  He never fails to impress.  The kid is physically imposing and is all business on the mat.  The one thing that impresses me the most is after every pin (which is most of the time), Chalfant extends a helping hand to raise his opponent off the mat and gives a sportsmanlike tap on the back to each one.  As far as football, he is a tough load to tackle from his fullback position and is Butkus like from his middle linebacker position.  As a parent from a team that has to play Winchester every year, I for one am glad to see him graduate and wish him the best at the next level.

I'm glad to see Alex White (Mount Vernon) on the opposite side of the bracket from Chalfant.  I think that would make one of the most exciting finals at HWT that we have seen in a while.  White really impressed me at the Evansville Semi-State this past weekend, he is quicker than expected and has good technique.  I am picking him over Chalfant in th finals.

How much does Chalfant weight?  If he isn't over 230 I can't see him throwing the heavies like Fitzgerald and Everett around.  Travis from Merrillville is built  like a brick ---------house and is very athletic and it was just too much for him.  Should be interesting, as are a lot of weight classes.  Lot of what should be championship matches, in my opinion, will be happening in the semi-finals.  It's a shame that Cashe and little T won't be  meeting  in the finals.  Barring any unforseen upset it will make a great semi-final match.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.