FULLDRAW

I used to want to see someone dethrown Harper just because I tend to side with the underdog.  However, the more I see him struggle this year the more I see myself pulling for him.   It will come down to who he faces next week if I end up pulling for or against him.  Either way he is a very talented individual and a great representative of Indiana wrestling.

I used to want to see someone dethrown Harper just because I tend to side with the underdog.  However, the more I see him struggle this year the more I see myself pulling for him.   It will come down to who he faces next week if I end up pulling for or against him.  Either way he is a very talented individual and a great representative of Indiana wrestling.

You know I believe I have to agree with you 100%!!  ;)

harper will not win 4 state titles      he should only be a 2xer right not but heron from E-ville MD got quite a hose job couple years ago

Another case of the woulda, shoulda, couldas  ::).....Dont degrade the kids achievements by saying "If this kid woulda got the right call, he woulda blah blah"... Harper earned every blue medal he has, and if he gets another one this year, he sure will have earned it having to go through a very tough Frankie Porras as well as a few other tough kids

Im thinkin he's gonna pull it together and seal the deal  :)

harper will not win 4 state titles      he should only be a 2xer right not but heron from E-ville MD got quite a hose job couple years ago

Another case of the woulda, shoulda, couldas   ::).....Dont degrade the kids achievements by saying "If this kid woulda got the right call, he woulda blah blah"... Harper earned every blue medal he has, and if he gets another one this year, he sure will have earned it having to go through a very tough Frankie Porras as well as a few other tough kids

Im thinkin he's gonna pull it together and seal the deal  :)

Well said How can you take anything away from this kid. I was sad that I felt like the entire gym was against him. The kid always finds away to win I got my Money on Harper

I know i'll be pulling for harper. He will pick it up next weekend. It seems to me that the kid is the most hated 3xer and he has never done anything unsportsmanlike yet from what I have seen. Even when Jose Escobedo was giving crowds the finger, people were still cheering for him. He was nowhere close to accomplishing what haper has done this far.

I thought it was odd for people to call for stalling when the other wrestler never came off the hips.. I know his style of wrestling isn't liked but heck ... you have a guy tying up a double wrist ride and covering your hips with no attempt to turn that is just as much stalling as is the guy with his head on the mat.  I kept hearing how the kid is injured and is still wrestling.  That to me is heart.  Watching him throughout the day, I feel real bad for him because it was my perception that he is a quiet, and to himself type young man.

Good luck to Him

Tim Spray

Well said How can you take anything away from this kid. I was sad that I felt like the entire gym was against him. The kid always finds away to win I got my Money on Harper

i agree i think harper drive of this feeling that the whole gym is against him for the past 2 years it has seemed like mville and conseco the whole place seems to have been against me its very impresive how he has keep his cool with the boos at the end of the day he is still a three timer and has a very good shot at the historic 4x status good luck to both wrestlers next week

codplayer,

1949 112 3 12 Richard Perkins Muncie Central

1948 103 1 11 Richard Perkins Muncie Central

1947 103 1 10 Richard Perkins Muncie Central

1946 095 1 09 Richard Perkins Muncie Central

TheAncientElder (TAE)

The Imperial Potentate and Grand Poobah of Classless wrestling in Indiana.

I wear my Fez with pride.

www.theancientelder.net

i do not think most people boo him. at state i feel it will be a different story. Think they wrestled at the ville where frankie obviously had family connections and a huge following as well as hobart who has been a power and brings a lot of fans. Two huge cheering sections not 10 minutes form the high school. The cheers will always go to frankie. I believe correct me if im wrong but harper defiantly had crowd edge at al smith..  just an observation idk

codplayer,

1949 112 3 12 Richard Perkins Muncie Central

1948 103 1 11 Richard Perkins Muncie Central

1947 103 1 10 Richard Perkins Muncie Central

1946 095 1 09 Richard Perkins Muncie Central

TheAncientElder (TAE)

The Imperial Potentate and Grand Poobah of Classless wrestling in Indiana.

I wear my Fez with pride.

www.theancientelder.net

thanks TAE always come through when needed

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.