Freshman Phenom

devildog47959

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say Cathedral's 160 Tyler Willis, this kid is 14 wrestling against mainly Jr. and Sr.'s anda he is doing quite well I might add. He has knocked off some great competiton this year. It will be an exciting Friday night this week, let's see how he does at the State Finals. Good luck WIllis!!!!!!!!!

This kid fought off an inside cradle courtesy of a tough Greenfield Central kid like nobody I had seen before and never gave up near fall!  If he doesn't win a title or two before it's all said and done, I'll be surprised.  That was a gutsy performance for any kid, let alone a freshman.

Willis pretty much put himself in that potentially dangerous situation to prevent the back points/possible fall. He had to be in some pain as it looked like he was willing to let some harm be done to him way before he gave up any points. I was very impressed with him all day.

I pick Ayersman, his work ethic is second to none

So, you've seen everyones work ethic?  I mean, to be able to compare his " second to none " you'd have to have witnessed each an every other wrestler.  I'm sure this isn't the case.  So, you should simply say " he works really hard ". 

cody phillips is going to hand ayersman a one ticket to second place  phillips is a beast

I'm familiar with both kids and it's a toss-up IMO.  Besides Ayersman is a true freshman (14/15 years old) while Phillips is 1-2 years older.

So Phillips' age could range anywhere from from 15-17?

cody phillips is going to hand ayersman a one ticket to second place  phillips is a beast

I'm familiar with both kids and it's a toss-up IMO.  Besides Ayersman is a true freshman (14/15 years old) while Phillips is 1-2 years older.

So Phillips' age could range anywhere from from 15-17?

No, Ayersman is a 1st year ISWA Cadet (14/15) while Phillips is a 1st year ISWA Junior (16/17).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.